BBQ Balance

BBQ is really 2 perks (aura and points). W'e're Going To Live Forever only awards points for survivor so why not split that BBQ into 2 perks? Or, remove the aura for those already hooked once.

Also, when only survivors are left, it's a bit OP - possibly remove the aura at that point if the above isn't done.

Most killers SAY they only run it for the points so splitting it, or removing the aura for those hooked once should be acceptable to all.

Comments

• Just get rid of aura reading perks e,e it makes you look stupid... you just wasted 3- 4 perk slots by having to have aura reading there... if your not a boosted killer and you dont need aura reading then why use it... aura reading screams that you fail at killer.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

There is a consistent debate about the same theme on this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/21731/why-bbq-is-superior-to-its-survivor-counterpart-we-are-gonna-live-forever-and-how-to-change-that#latest

I suggest you to give your opinion there, in order to collect all the ideas in the same place and help the Devs.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    BBQ won't get nerfed. I suggest you deal with it
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

BBQ is one of the most balanced perks in the game and the community manager said that herself as well. It has MULTIPLE counters that don't even require a perk to do so, you literally just play differently.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited October 2018

Op is right, BBQ became too strong when chases became shorter. It's no longer a good solution to stop camping and tunneling.
    I actually think tunneling was fixed with the self care nerf, sort of. I mean you have to be pretty stupid to go for the same guy now.
    If you tunnel:
    Guy on hook gets saved and goes on the chase straight away. Savior goes back to his gen and finishes in peace.
    If you don't tunnel:
    Guy on hook has to heal forever and than go look for a gen. Savior is busy in a chase.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited October 2018

BBQ can be played around in multiple ways and if you don't want to do that, get better at chases.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

So Self Care is the most picked perk overall and Ruin and BBQ are on the same level as SB and DS.
    So why are we talking about BBQ now??
    How about we nerf SC first and than we take a look at the rest, ok?

• Bbq doesnt need aura reading regardless of killer or circumstance its just stupid... whats the point of playing killer... which in my eyes, is to track and hunt down survivors... not getting a tip off where everyone is ... it might aswell be constantly there... i mean lets face it iv seen bitter murmur, bbq and nurses ran side by side... why are you bothering to play killer with these sort of perks... pointless as hell. Also nurse and billy shoudlnt even be allowed bbq with there map coverage

• Wolf74

@ConclaveHighOverlord said:
    Bbq doesnt need aura reading regardless of killer or circumstance its just stupid... whats the point of playing killer... which in my eyes, is to track and hunt down survivors... not getting a tip off where everyone is ... it might aswell be constantly there... i mean lets face it iv seen bitter murmur, bbq and nurses ran side by side... why are you bothering to play killer with these sort of perks... pointless as hell. Also nurse and billy shoudlnt even be allowed bbq with there map coverage

Because killer are under constant time pressure and need perks to shorten the finding and chasing one way or the other.
    Either you pick perks that help you chase or help you track/find.
    That's what perks are for in this game, brainiac.
    Killer are supernatural beings and it is their power to appear just at the right time at the right spot. Check the sourcematerial. This is not kindergarten hide and seek.

• MhhBurgers

Bbq doesnt need aura reading regardless of killer or circumstance its just stupid... whats the point of playing killer... which in my eyes, is to track and hunt down survivors... not getting a tip off where everyone is ... it might aswell be constantly there... i mean lets face it iv seen bitter murmur, bbq and nurses ran side by side... why are you bothering to play killer with these sort of perks... pointless as hell. Also nurse and billy shoudlnt even be allowed bbq with there map coverage

can't take you seriously if you spout crap like this.

Nurses is rarely picked on killers with a normal TR unless coupled with monitor and abuse, all of what you're screaming about is basically telling us that you're lowrank.

• I cant take you seriously by telling someone there opinion is crap... im rank 1 on killer and survivor side... i dont need aura perks to help me shorten chases nor find people... i can happily 1 or 2 pip most games... if i lost i didnt do my job as killer or the team outran me , good on them if they did but the whole point of being killer is to hunt not just get a tip off. If you honestly think aura reading is the only way to win a game then you obviously need to practice playing killer more

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    I don't think BBQ should be nerfed, but countered by:
    1) playing near to the killer (Aura reading doesn't trigger of you are not at least 40 meters from the hooked mate);
    2) using Sole Survivor (when somebody is dead);
    3) using Premonition or Spine Chill to hide when the killer is approaching;
    4) using speed perks, pallets and vaults to win a chase;
    5) being lucky, as the killer focuses on a mate.
  • MhhBurgers

I cant take you seriously by telling someone there opinion is crap... im rank 1 on killer and survivor side... i dont need aura perks to help me shorten chases nor find people... i can happily 1 or 2 pip most games... if i lost i didnt do my job as killer or the team outran me , good on them if they did but the whole point of being killer is to hunt not just get a tip off. If you honestly think aura reading is the only way to win a game then you obviously need to practice playing killer more

Most of the time BBQ doesn't do jackshit on rank1 games since most good survivors will expect you having it so your argument is moot. I use it on every killer right now even on stuff like freddy who can't utilize BBQ but that's more because of the BP gain

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Slaymore said:
    BBQ is really 2 perks (aura and points). W'e're Going To Live Forever only awards points for survivor so why not split that BBQ into 2 perks? Or, remove the aura for those already hooked once.

Also, when only survivors are left, it's a bit OP - possibly remove the aura at that point if the above isn't done.

Most killers SAY they only run it for the points so splitting it, or removing the aura for those hooked once should be acceptable to all.

Do you want to be camped?
    BBQ is supposed to give incentive not to camp and you are trying to take this away.

• @MhhBurgers said:

Any aura reading perk is basically for lazy braindead morons who dont want the hassle of playing the ACTUAL game. You dont have to accept that fact nor like it but its how it makes you look when you play a fulll perk set of aura reading crap.

You can take my aura reading away as soon as there's no loops anymore. btw every killer uses aura reading to an extent, even the best ones like Zubatlel. I have to rely on it because my hearing is at 60% and most of the time I play without a headset.

Also I'm by far not lazy, aside from getting welfare I work up to 3 hours/week to get an additional 170€/month so keep your judgement to yourself.

if someone has a hearing issue i get more why you use the perks... the game has implemented such things that helps to cater for impairments.... but thats hardly over half the player base.... aura reading is pathetic at best for the top players in game to even use... and most killers use it because there too lazy ... enough said... you dont NEED aura reading regardless use your eyes , theres visual cues to help killers, such as breaking a gens skill check or crows.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

who the ######### misses skillchecks at high ranks unless you have ruin and they try to get a great one. Crows don't do jackshit as they return pretty late, getting a survivor because of crows usually is when they stay near or are stupid. Both instances you called were survivors failing.

BBQ serves one purpose: to stop the killer from camping and reward him for hooking different survivors. BBQ basically makes the game more fun for survivors and the devs will not change it as they've stated several times.

• MhhBurgers

I guess the best killers in the game are trash then, we should all listen to you mr noname killer #1202

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited October 2018

@Slaymore said:

BBQ is not a strong perk, it is only strong against stealth players while playing an already strong and mobile killer.
    I just run it for the BP and in general I think it is a weak perk on low ranks.

I hate tracking perks, I really hate them, I just dislike the idea of it in general, but if they remove tracking, the perk needs something different to be still viable.

• Slaymore
    Slaymore Member Posts: 499

aura perks are crutches - plain and simple - I have better games without them. BBQ points perk is enough to entice a killer away from hook - many use it and still camp like idiots who don't know the perks they choose

• Slaymore

@Entità said:
    I don't think BBQ should be nerfed, but countered by:

1) playing near to the killer (Aura reading doesn't trigger of you are not at least 40 meters from the hooked mate);

2) using Sole Survivor (when somebody is dead);

3) using Premonition or Spine Chill to hide when the killer is approaching;

4) using speed perks, pallets and vaults to win a chase;

5) being lucky, as the killer focuses on a mate.

Well just about every camping killer uses #1 as an excuse to camp - saying they know others are near. FWIW I assume at my level every killer is using crutch perks (BBQ and Nurses Calling). I know the counters but it doesn't take away from the fact BBQ is 2 perks in 1.

• MhhBurgers

@Slaymore said:
    aura perks are crutches - plain and simple - I have better games without them. BBQ points perk is enough to entice a killer away from hook - many use it and still camp like idiots who don't know the perks they choose

Every perk is a crutch, that's what they're there for. Bamboozle+Enduring+Spirit fury is basically removing all possible mind game and enables you to run down survivors, yet nobody would call you unskilled for using that combo because killers have it hard enough as it is already.

• Wolf74

@Slaymore said:

Well just about every camping killer uses #1 as an excuse to camp - saying they know others are near. FWIW I assume at my level every killer is using crutch perks (BBQ and Nurses Calling). I know the counters but it doesn't take away from the fact BBQ is 2 perks in 1.

Perk #1 is SELF CARE.

And than Ruin is on one level with SB, while BBQ is coming after it on the same level as DS.

Calling any killer perk a "crutch" while the holy survivor trinity is still up an drunning is nothing but a bad joke.

• MhhBurgers

@Wolf74 said:

@Slaymore said:

Perk #1 is SELF CARE.

And than Ruin is on one level with SB, while BBQ is coming after it on the same level as DS.

Calling any killer perk a "crutch" while the holy survivor trinity is still up an drunning is nothing but a bad joke.

And most killers use BBQ for the BP gain anyways, sure the BP gain enables us to use rare addons much more often but that's not an issue for survivors so it doesn't count towards the perk imo.

• Reivur
    Reivur Member Posts: 14

Perks that exist to only give you points shouldn't exist in the first place. In We're Gonna Live Forever's case it encourages not only farming teammates, but inherently brings nothing to the table and weakens you as a team. In BBQ's case even if you prefer other tracking perks you feel more compelled to use BBQ just because you want your score to be impactful.

I'd much rather they remove the point gains from both perks and bake it in baseline to the trial and simply give We're Gonna Live Forever a benefit of some kind in relation to what it's supposed to encourage. BBQ's aura would still have some people, especially faster killers take it. Then everyone wouldn't be compelled to take BBQ just to get decent progression and there would be more build diversity.

• MhhBurgers

They keep BBQ like this because it makes them cash. There's a reason ######### like BBQ and Ruin are not on the Bloodweb for an entire year.

• Reivur
    Reivur Member Posts: 14

Unfortunately as much as I love the game I agree with that form of cynicism. There's genuinely no other reason to lock the community's main form of points progression; especially behind DLC. In my case I'm just annoyed that BBQ feels almost mandatory in my builds or the game's reward structure suddenly feels like its cut in half; more if add-ons are used.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

How about we just buff WGLF instead? BBQ has multiple counters, and if you still think it's OP, then you need to get good.

• Wolf74

@SnakeSound222 said:
    How about we just buff WGLF instead? BBQ has multiple counters, and if you still think it's OP, then you need to get good.

And we get back the long survivor lobbies. Good idea. :P

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@Wolf74 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Yep, because Survivors can't learn counterplay that well, so they'll just do what they always do: whine (especially review bomb) and not play the game.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

NO. Your thread needs to be balanced.

• MhhBurgers

@Wolf74 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

game has been growing steady and most ppl honestly don't care about BBQ

• Slaymore

It's really simple - either remove the aura on survivors already hooked or get rid of aura altogether - no issue with a BP bonus perk for killer as survivors have WFLF.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

^
    lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    BBQ looks pretty balanced. Killer has to put in work for it to activate and encourages killer to leave. Its not hard to play around and it doesn't guarantee a new chase, just a tip where to look. Personally I would prefer no aura reading for anybody, but that's not the game we have. In the right hands it can be devastating. It can also be rendered useless by good survivors,  which is why it like many other aura perks should be left alone until the Dev's decide how much info they want shared or hidden for balance purposes.