Can we nerf toolboxes now?

Options

Seriously in a game where everyone complains gens get done too fast, here's an item + add ons which all increase repair speed moderately/considerably/tremendously.

You have some games where you find someone quickly, down them in good time and a gen pops. Go find another guy, start a chase and two more pop. The only counter to early gen rush is ruin but not everybody has that. I only have it unlocked on two killers, one of which I don't use.

Like I said in these games it doesn't even take long to find someone or down them and yet still gens are pinging - and that's a good day. Imagine what it's like if the first guy DOES give you trouble.

Whats the alternative? just use Billy, zoom across the map and instadown people?

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

They need to add a second objective. Even if they remove toolboxes completely the gens are still easy to finish.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

there's only one thing they can do to fix this problem at its core....slow down the gen repair speeds by adding enough charges to where it would roughly take 7-10 more seconds to finish a gen on your own. Slowing down healing and messing with pallet and hook spawns have helped fix other issues, but the core issue is still there. Gens will be finished too quickly. Hell one match as freddy while I was chasing my obsession for dying light, 3 gens got done before I even hooked them.....that's way too damn quick. The issue I have with Hex Ruin is that hex perks aren't really that fun to use due to them being a huge gamble from spawn placements due to RNG, either allowing us to choose where the totem spawns or letting killers do an action when their totem is cleansed to let them apply it to a new totem would be a freaking god send.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

@Whispers23 said:
    They need to add a second objective. Even if they remove toolboxes completely the gens are still easy to finish.

while the hallowed blight did show that secondary objectives do slow the game down, the awards would need to be worth it for people to risk getting those secondary objectives. Gens would still get done too fast if nobody goes for them during a game unless they were partly required.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    If I got looped hard or slow to find survivors I could understand but sometimes things go well and it's still not enough to stop gen rush.

If the survivors split up across the map and are fast on gens there isn't much you can do with some killers. Your lower tier M1 killers have little snowball potential in those cases.

Again it would be easier to just pick Hillbilly, zoom across the map and instadown people but you shouldn't have to.

Its like with the lower tier killers you need the survivots to play bad even if you catch them in chases quick enough. You need them to group together so you aren't forced to traverse the map, you needthem to loot chests and break totems to get them off the gens.
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

BNP was nerfed to useless. An ultra rare add-on which is a waste to take in favor or better green and yellow add-ons. Killers can still dodge lobbies with tool boxes - killers don't like keys, flashlights,medkits and would like to see them all nerfed or removed. Sure they only risk losing it if they die but they have to risk 3-6K more bloodpoints just to have it - killers always have their power for free.

It doesn't matter how many nerfs you lay on survivors, killers will want more.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    darktrix said:

BNP was nerfed to useless. An ultra rare add-on which is a waste to take in favor or better green and yellow add-ons. Killers can still dodge lobbies with tool boxes - killers don't like keys, flashlights,medkits and would like to see them all nerfed or removed. Sure they only risk losing it if they die but they have to risk 3-6K more bloodpoints just to have it - killers always have their power for free.

It doesn't matter how many nerfs you lay on survivors, killers will want more.

Kind of agree.

There's just too much stupid stuff on both sides. Syringes, decisice strike vs tombstone pieces, ebony moris.

If one side brings their OP stuff and the other doesn't then you're pretty much screwed.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Seriously in a game where everyone complains gens get done too fast, here's an item + add ons which all increase repair speed moderately/considerably/tremendously.

You have some games where you find someone quickly, down them in good time and a gen pops. Go find another guy, start a chase and two more pop. The only counter to early gen rush is ruin but not everybody has that. I only have it unlocked on two killers, one of which I don't use.

Like I said in these games it doesn't even take long to find someone or down them and yet still gens are pinging - and that's a good day. Imagine what it's like if the first guy DOES give you trouble.

Whats the alternative? just use Billy, zoom across the map and instadown people?

If the survivor know what they are doing THREE gens will be done by the time you get your first hook.

That's why killer dodge every lobby with more than 2 toolboxes. :P

This discussion has been closed.