Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Change The Trickster's name to something better fitting his character

I love the new killer but I feel like his name doesn't fit well and I worry it'll take the spot over an actual trickster type killer. I think something better would be The Showstopper or The Star or something. I've seen a bunch of suggestions regarding this around but I couldn't find a thread here.

I know it's extremely unlikely since it's this far in production but it's worth a shot. Just kinda disappointing his name doesn't live up to his character as well and the fact the name is (as of now) taken from a future potential trickster/jester type character, though I'm sure the devs know best and probably have the next few killer concepts made out far in advanced.

Comments

• Crystopus
    Crystopus Member Posts: 35

I feel like the name has more of a backstory meaning than a power meaning. Another example could be The Clown or the Hillbilly. Their powers don't directly relate to their name.

They probably named him this, because his character is very human, even more than the legion (Because all of Legion Members wear a mask). It makes sense when you think about it, because even in his backstory he was famous and people knew him, but he was actually crazy behind the scenes.

I just feel like changing the name to something relating to a "Show" and his costume might confuse new players into thinking he has a relation with The Clown. Plus something like "The Star" gives a positive feeling, where "The Trickster is reminiscent of his positive past, but negative intentions.