Allow Survivors to ban 1 Killer Each

If we want people to stick around (and to punish those who abuse broken killer), we should allow survivors to each pick (or maybe even just vote on) one killer that can’t be played that trial.

I can’t play against ghost face and would love to never see that busted overpowered thing again.

Comments

• AlxPilk95
    AlxPilk95 Member Posts: 7

I play both roles equally. The game is unbalanced and this would force the devs to care about balance more

• AlxPilk95

most competitive mobas allow character bans during gameplay

• AlxPilk95

why would the broken role be allowed to gain more advantages?

• AlxPilk95

100% is... I play killer, I usually kill all (or get hatched) the survivors 60-80% of the time. I play survivor, killer wins 80% of the time. The killer wins far more often than survivors escape.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

What rank are you/they, how would you rate the survivors you're against.

What rank are you/they, how would you rate the survivors you're playing with and the killer you're against.

• AlxPilk95

Rank 14. I guess I’m a relatively new player, but in my experience as a new player the killer role is way too broken. Game results in balanced mobas should equate to as close to 50% as possible

• AlxPilk95

Gotcha, I try to split my time evenly among roles but have tended to play more killer because it’s been much easier to win with than as survivor. But yeah, this is my first season actually paying attention to rank and learning perks/load outs

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Many killer are not overpowered. Ghostface is one of the easiest to dodge which you use Spine Chill and it's done. Banning a killer would be a huge problem cause most of the players will be ban either Nurse or Spirit at the %95 of the matches. I dont know your gameplay time or rank but I can say that GhostFace is not the scariest OP killer of the game.

Also you said that "punish those who abuse broken killer". I mean what kind of abuse did you see? As both survivor and killer main I can say that most of the time survivors are the one that abuse their resources and they must be due to survive.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Suruvivors are all potatoes until you reach purple ranks. Until that killers will win almost all games because you don't need to learn how to cooperate with your team.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

I reckon once the killer roster gets beyond like 50 killer then it would make sense. League of Legends uses ban rates on their challenger players to help them decide what needs nerfs. Works great for balance.

Right now I don't think there is enough killers to implement this.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,386

DBD isn't a mobas for starters.

Mobas are also not asymmetrical games as both sides have equal players and both sides have the same pool of characters to pick from.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

In the olden days this was possible (though still a bad idea), but with the new matchmaking system it's actually impossible. Killers can't even change who they want to play as once they queue up, now. In the (near? near-ish?) future, MMR will be killer-specific, which means the survivors in the lobby are chosen to go against that specific killer (not chosen to go against that player in general, but that player as that killer).

I guess BHVR could implement a system where you choose a killer you don't want to play against before it starts looking for a lobby for you, but I can pretty much guarantee they won't. First off, enjoy longer queue times. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if BHVR had to ask the license holders for permission before allowing such a thing, and I doubt any of them are going to be like, "Sure, let players boycott Freddy/Myers/Pyramid Head." Especially not Pyramid Head.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

It totally would not and you have no evidence to prove that it would. It sounds like you just hate Ghostface, because honestly if I were to a ban a Killer Ghostface isn't even in the top 5.

This is not a MOBA. You cannot compare this game to League of Legends which has a whopping 140 characters. If I was a Doctor main, and didn't play other Killers, and you banned Doctor, I would just quit the lobby and log out. It's as simple as that. Then the already long Survivor queues would go through the roof.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

HoW aRE wE DoINg, FeLLoW kIlLerS?

Seriously, this idea is just a ######### you to anyone who plays Deathslinger, Freddy, Spirit, Nurse, or Bubba.

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

Bruh even as a survivor main I cannot agree with this post. Why should we be able to decide what the killer cannot use. All the killers are in the game for a reason and they should be able to use what they want to use. If that would be the case, then the killer would be able to decide what perks the survivors cannot use.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Equip Iron Will = unban Spirit

No Iron Will = ban Spirit

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

So Pyramid Head, Bubba, Deathslinger, Spirit, Hag, Doctor, Freddy, and Nurse would have survivor-esque que times because survivors want an even easier time, causing many people who main those killers and put effort into mastering their strengths and weaknesses to just quit, thus lengthening survivor que times. (Although admittedly Doc, Freddy, Bubba and Spirit are pretty easy to learn.)

Great idea. Really improved the game. Everyone will thank you for this contribution.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179

By that logic the killer would be allowed to ban 16 perks? Sounds good to me!

• Exar
    Exar Member Posts: 46

This will make the game very unbalanced. For example: You are a Legion main, and you don't know really how to play as other killers. And Legion is being banned, that's basically lost game there.

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252

LOL!!!

Each surv banning a killer? This could end with 4 killers banned?

In that way... killers should ban 4 perks too lol.

This has no sense at all.

And people pay to get licensed killers. Imagine getting your killer always banned? This is not a god idea at all. Just think about it.

If you can't play against ghostface, I actually hate playing against spirit. Just get some tricks against specific killers. Just practice.

Also, spine chill is a very good counter against Ghostface.

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111

If you let killer ban 4 perks in the game then I'm completely fine with this.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Ghostface is just as OP as your retinas are. (Sense the sarcasm).

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

There are no 'broken killers ' without trying to sound disrespectful you come across as an entitled survivor main who doesnt know how to counterplay. If you don't go against certain killers how can you learn to pkay against them? Its a no from me

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

No.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

You'll see at red ranks that it is not so simple. But yes, in the lower ranks, killers tend to win the absolute majority of their games.

Then come red ranks, and that is another story. Or you're a big master of mindgaming, or you're using a good tiered killer, or both at the same time. Unless, if survivors are not potatoes, you'll get gen rushed. You'll have to end your chases super fast, and/or to get regression perks.

I admit I'm playing Nurse or Pyramid Head, I hate to be looped :/

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Killers have a unique power every trial. Survivors do not. You didn't really make an argument there.

As for the OP, yes I agree something like this would be a good idea but maybe have it lower the chance. Even still I don't see it as ever really completely blocking any one killer from getting into a trial. Theres a lot of survivors that love playing against killers that others find OP.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Exactly. My arguement is exactly that - Because banning survivors wouldn't do anything (they're just skins), an equilevant to banning killers would be banning perks for survivors.

• floopinpigs
    floopinpigs Member Posts: 6

Not going to believe for 1 second that you "play both roles equally" as you said and posted this (cough obvious survivor main cough), but bypassing that, you obviously haven't played enough to be making these kinds of statements.

Watch some videos online and learn how to counter him, or better yet - try him for yourself! I actually do play both sides equally and I personally feel that playing the roles of killers gives you much better insight into their strengths and weaknesses.

Ghost Face is heavily reliant on his Night Shroud power, but as mentioned by another member, Spine Chill will still give you plenty of warning and is available to all survivors.

Additionally, his power has a pretty long cooldown (30 seconds unbuffed) and can be broken by simply looking at him for 1.5 seconds. You can also break him out using pallets while in chase so honestly it's not something that's just "overpowered".

Get spine chill. Get used to looking at the killer while running. Get better at looping. Get better at dropping pallets.

^ This is helpful for going against all killers and will help elevate your gameplay regardless.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Well the point of the suggestion would be to basically block a power since killers can use any perk also. Allowing survivors to ban 1 killer from the roster would be fair but allowing killers to ban survivor perks would be unfair because they would simply block the best ones.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Make the original Ebony Mori base kit and you've got a deal. Not the one that lets you kill anyone you hooked once. The ORIGINAL original. ;)