As a guy who has a job, the grind is too much.

Options
D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 713
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

BHVR can't you guys make the overall grind lesser for newer players or Player who has jobs? I work like 8 hours on weekdays and I can't see how to get my remaining killer to get all the Perks or Complete the tome by the current deadline. I'm just speculating here but are you guys intentionally making the tome grindy af so that people like me buy auric cells to raise it??

Anyone else with the same sentiments? Not everyone is a streamer who can play the game 12 hours everyday or not everyone wants to play 12 hours a day just to grind!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Well I started back in august of last year and have all perks on all characters so it's possible to get it done in a reasonable time frame if you like playing the game.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

This I do agree with, but at the same time I don't think they want to do that. The grind is usually what keeps people playing games regardless. There are way more games that have grinds much much more heavier than dbd, and it's what keeps people busy usually. Outside of the grind you don't have a whole lot to actually work for on this game.

• D3spair
    Options

Imo People play DBD to have fun, play trials, Tbag with Friends, Rekt Survivors. I dont think that people play as Survivor/Killers or play the game to get BPs or better perks! We're here to have fun not grind.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

assuming you get every perk whenever possible to get him to p1 you'd need to unlock 243 perks (he starts with 3 but also teachable). 1-9 is 1 perk each, so that's 9.

Level 10, 15, and 20 spawn 2 perks, and 25+ is permanent 2 perks, however you can only collect one of them, so technically 1-39 is a single-perk only journey. That's 39 perks thusfar.

Level 40-50 spawns 3 perks and you can take 2 of them, so that's 20 perks here thankfully. Total of 59.

Level 50 webs spawn 4 perks, and you can take 2 of them, so that's 2 per level. Considering we're on 59/243, that's 184 perks to go, or 92 webs.

Therefore you need to go through a total of 151 bloodwebs, 102 of which are level 50 webs.

Have fun grinding :)

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

Yeah that's what sucks they really don't have any incentives to keep you playing besides actually grinding to get the full experience.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

The grind suck, but here's some tips:

1. Obviously use BBQ & WGLF to get double bp.
    2. Survs have the worst grind, so don't solely play surv. You're gonna get jack-squat from most matches.
    3. Learn to play without add-ons and bringing in items. Too much bp goes into characters if you become add-on dependent.
    4. Bring offerings that apply to all 4 categories instead of the ones that only apply to one. Max 25% to all categories profit is 8k and this offering costs less than the 100% to one category.
    5. Absolutely do not use double bp offerings on killers you're bad at or practicing.
    6. Lastly, DO NOT PRESTIGE. The "better chance" at rare items is a joke and it especially doesn't increase your bp offering odds.

Everytime they barely do anything whenever they do a QOL change to the grind. Just gotta adapt to it I guess

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

Imagine new players being confronted with all that. It's....a LOT.

But having a SWF to help with some of the challenges does help, especially the co-op ones.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

as it im you may not want to prestigie and focus in 1 or 2 survivors at most, youll be fine after that.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

I'm fine with the rift being grindy it's for premium cosmetics whatever. But having perks ( a major part of the game) require you to devote hundreds of hours to play is bogus. You could buy all the characters but still have to spend hours to get the full experience of trying out different perk combinations.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021
    Options

Run WGLF or BBQ every single match. Use bps, escape cakes or survivor puddings when you can. That's all I can suggest. I periodically leave dbd for months at a time. Going on a year so far but I don't take breaks because of the grind. I take breaks over other issues.

I'm perfectly fine with the grind to get all perks you want on a killer/survivor. You used to only get 2 perks in the bloodweb at lvl 50 and you could only take 1. Now you get up to 4 and can grab 2. I find it is very easy to get a character to 50 in one day of playing provided your decent and have wglf/bbq. I DO however hate the grind to get the killer to P3 lvl 50 then get all their perks. Yes I know I don't have to prestige them but I feel I do. When I get a killer to 50 I could just continue to unlock perks for them but I fear that one day I might change my mind. I might say I want that bloody weapon and all those points I poured into him just digs a deeper grave.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

Ok, so I work full time, then I moonlight on weekends and evenings with extra side jobs, then I run my own company, and

I STILL FIND THE TIME

Seriously, if you really want it, you’ll get it done.

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242
    Options

I honestly do not see it being that “grindy”. I’m already at tier 61, and not even in the third part yet. Have you gone back to other tomes, and worked those challenges? I too have a job working 60 hours a week, and am able to complete the tiers easily. If you are new I’m sure you have all the previous time challenges open

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437
    Options

i agree when it comes to the grind for perks and bloodpoints. that could be adjusted.

i wish they would change the battle pass though. make the rewards way better but keep the grind the same. battle passes were created to give extreme grinders something extra to grind for. and currently, it's rarely worth it for the amount of ugly charms and recolors we get as "rewards".

so either lessen the battle pass grind or make the rewards WORTH the grind and keep it the same.

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242
    Options

That is really the only point to this game though. Not that I am advocating how tedious the grind can be, but once you’ve (is it grinded, or ground? Grinded doesn’t sound right, nor does ground, ######### man??) gotten all the BP’s needed to have all the perks, and such, what’s next? Nothing, game over.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205
    Options

"are you guys intentionally making the tome grindy af so that people like me buy auric cells to raise it"

Yes. Yes they are. The tome and cosmetic stuff go by mobile game rules: sure, you could work for it, but maybe slip us a little somethin-somethin and we'll make it go by faster.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

This. They make it grindy so those that don't have time to level up will throw money at them.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Grinding for perks is one thing, and I definitely think that needs to be addressed. Grinding for cosmetic rewards is something very different because it doesn't affect your gameplay at all, so I don't mind the grind.. the RNG nature of the challenges though, I might have a problem with here and there but that's another issue.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

And this is why perk tiers need to be gone for good, there's so many perks from both survivor and killer and it takes so bloody long trying to get every single killer and survivor maxed out with all perks. I only have all the survivor perks on two survivors, which is Ace and Kate.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Sorry to get the rift done you aren't allowed to have a job, family or social life. Sorry, now give us money. - BHVR.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

You right. Please remove the infinite grind BHVR or at least make double bp standard.

• AmbulanceParty
    AmbulanceParty Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2021
    Options

"I can't see how to get my remaining killer to get all the Perks"

I'll agree to an extent that the Rift can be grindy, even though they're just cosmetics that people don't even wear after the Rift is over, but in terms of getting all perks on a killer, I think it's pretty fair. If I could get my perk load out I want way early into starting DBD, I don't know how I'd be motivated or even interested in playing the game. Half the fun, at least for me, is trying new perks, working with the perks I have, and/or challenging myself. Otherwise, I'm just playing the same character, same perks and I feel like if that's given so early, then it's easier to lose interest. Like, you get what you want, now what?

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

As a guy who doesn't have a job, the grind is too much

But they did say they wanna address this issue in a livestream

• Lumpytoad
    Lumpytoad Member Posts: 16
    Options

Buy David,

Get him to lvl 40-50.

You'll have: Dead Hard, Spine Chill, Kindred, We'll Make It, and you can switch WMI with WGLF for more BP. Dejavu is also a really nice perk for any beginner.

Buy Leatherface,

Get him to lvl 40-50

You'll have: BBQ&Chili, Sloppy Butcher ........Insidious & NOED --no other perks needed! XD

Since you're so limited for time you'll prolly wanna dedicate time to other videogames, as opposed to "farming for the sake of perk experimentation," ...

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Stop complaining, it's not that bad as it used to be

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,935
    Options

they need to:

1.remove perk tier

2.remove perk slot restriction based on level

3.increase bloodpoint gain from quest and dailies massively

Right now the game progression is similar to a F2P game

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62
    Options

"I'm just speculating here but are you guys intentionally making the tome grindy af so that people like me buy auric cells to raise it??"

Short answer - Yes. That's how all battlepasses work.

You can get (almost) everything for free! But you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time for it.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278
    Options

How? I've been playing almost all day every day since the tome came out. I finished everything so far but I'm still on tier 33. Like I'm talking about around 150 ish hours of gameplay there. What's your secret?

• D3spair
    Options

That's such a boomer opinion. So it was worse before, so what? It can be better! you experiencing worse doesn't mean it's okay. It's thinking like "I experienced the Bloodweb having sky high prices and no entity taking sh*t so today's bloodweb is A-okay :D" like maybe at those time there were like 20 Perks for 5 Killer and 50 Perks for 7 Survivor to grind NOT LIKE TODAY WHERE WE GOT A HUNDRED PLUS PERKS FOR EACH CHARACTER.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Exactly I think increasing the cap per a game to 50k and the over all cap to 1.25m would help the grind

Would have to adjust the number of bp gained to match the increased cap

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

yeah the grind is a lot.

im hoping they have some additions planned for the game ethat reduce the grind further.

some ideas ive had regarding this:

• log in bonus (with streaks?) - basically what they did this event as base with fewer BP. and possibly make it so if you log in multiple days in a row the BP increase
    • daily missions reworked - why not make it so its 3 on each side, starting with an easy one and ending with a hard one? ofc the easy one gives less rewards - also, why not make the rewards in form of BP boosters? e.g. the first one gives a 1.2x BP booster, the second one a 1.5x BP booster and the final one a 2x BP booster for that role.
    • weekly missions - basically daily missions with much greater rewards & difficulty
    • BP / Iridescent Shard rewards in the free track of the rift to fill up the empty spaces

there are plenty more ideas out there, but you get the idea.

the ever increasing grind each chapter brings requires an ever increasing addition of new anti grind mechanics, otherwise we end up where we currently are: at overwhelming levels of grind.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372
    Options

they say the entire rift should take 70 hours. I say they are ######### insane...

• Thelgow
    Thelgow Member Posts: 4
    Options

I won't lie, I stopped playing killer because of it. I see all these great perks, and I bought almost all the dlcs. Then see how long it's taking to get lucky for BBQ to come on a new killer. I haven't queued as killer since November. And survivor I only play here and there since perks are less critical and got a handful of tolerable ones.

Personally I'd love if park tires were either done away or just 2 ranks at the most. And then either double bp or halve bloodweb costs.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I totally agree that the grind is just absurd and that's why I stopped getting the rift after the last one. I finished the first, 75% 2nd, and 50% the 2 after so I don't even want to try anymore. Not to mention that survivor takes forever to find a match and playing killer is quite possibly the worst online experience available when you go against SWF rank 1-4 as a rank 13 killer