Hooks - Remove some of them

Options

This is my opinion.

There are too many hooks. It's entirely too easy for a killer to hook a player.
For any perk that increases the killer's walk/run speed - a certain number of hooks should be removed.

With so many hooks, wiggling seems pointless. Hooks shouldn't be convenient for the killer to walk to (they're almost everywhere. My average count is 6 to 9 seconds to walk to a hook and 20 seconds to wiggle free). Hooks should be as time consuming to walk to, as generators. Generators are spread out, all over the map. Hooks should be the same.

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

@Kalwren said:
    I find pallets waste more time than they gain, due to the timing factor. The stun on the killer is too short. Considering how much faster a killer runs compared to a victim (even without perks), I believe that less hooks is a better mechanic.

That might be your issue. Killers naturally increase in speed during the chase. They're supposed to catch up, and eventually catch you.
    As a survivor your goal is to either get really good at using obstacles and pallets, or going roadrunner on them, and getting out of sight, then hiding.
    If you can do both, then good on ya. Hooks are less of a concern.

You can always burn offerings that reduce hooks, too. Or sabotage hooks.

The wiggle mechanic is not for escaping all the time. It's there to slow the killer and prevent them from taking you to the sex dungeon all the time.

Kindly keep in mind hooking survivors, and sacrificing them is their main way to score. Denying them that isn't cool.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    @Kalwren didn't you get the memo? Sabo is back!
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    Options

@Kalwren said:
    I find pallets waste more time than they gain, due to the timing factor. The stun on the killer is too short. Considering how much faster a killer runs compared to a victim (even without perks), I believe that less hooks is a better mechanic.

/facepalm

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options
    apropos said:

@Kalwren said:

/facepalm

Yep...facepalm, these complaints are not what the game needs right now.
  • AndreasLyUs
    AndreasLyUs Member Posts: 91
    Options

Lol baby killers complain about looping. Like its ez to mindgame if they are babys and if a rank 1 pallet loop you, just go to another person. There is too many hooks after the mid-patch

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Kalwren said:
    This is my opinion.

For any perk that increases the killer's walk/run speed - a certain number of hooks should be removed.

With so many hooks, wiggling seems pointless. Hooks shouldn't be convenient for the killer to walk to (they're almost everywhere. My average count is 6 to 9 seconds to walk to a hook and 20 seconds to wiggle free). Hooks should be as time consuming to walk to, as generators. Generators are spread out, all over the map. Hooks should be the same.

Wiggling is not supposed to give you a free escape.

Anyway, I ask you one question. Do you like being slugged and bleeding otu on the floor? :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Kalwren said:

If pallets waste more time than they gain, we can just remove them all togteher? I am not sure whether your fellow survivor mains would agree with that though :wink:

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@Master said:

@Kalwren said:
    This is my opinion.

Wiggling is not supposed to give you a free escape.

Anyway, I ask you one question. Do you like being slugged and bleeding otu on the floor? :wink:

checkmate my good man checkmate

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Kalwren said:
    This is my opinion.

The wiggle mechanic was put into the game so the Killer could not hold you hostage both figuratively and literally. The wiggle mechanic was not meant as a means to escape the Killer under normal circumstances. If your team can provide a bunch of time for you then yes the wiggle is a way to break free but only if the team makes the effort to help you out.

• SIX
    SIX Member Posts: 67
    Options

Just bring Petrified Oak, they will either DC or get hella' mad and start slugging, it's funny either way

just because you took one, precious hook

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited November 2018
    Options

they just drastically reduced the amount of hooks to a solid 24 meter space between the single hooks. reducing this further, would mean that there would be spots on the map where the survivor would be able to just wiggle off and not get hooked, which would bring us back to the good old slugging meta.
    also, the hook is the killers primary objective. he should be rewarded for doing the hard part of his job, catching the survivor, instead of getting punished for the survivor running to a specific point on the map where there is no hook.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Mister_xD said:

they just drastically reduced the amount of hooks to a solid 24 meter space between the single hooks. reducing this further, would mean that there would be spots on the map where the survivor would be able to just wiggle off and not get hooked, which would bring us back to the good old slugging meta.
    also, the hook is the killers primary objective. he should be rewarded for doing the hard part of his job, catching the survivor, instead of getting punished for the survivor running to a specific point on the map where there is no hook.

What he said, hell there was a spot in coldwin farm with the massive main house where if you were there...it was so ######### easy to get out, it takes someone body blocking and your screwed. It's why they finally put a hook in the mainhouse on that map to fix that issue....it's beautiful.