Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Randomly crouch when being chased, HELP

I have no Idea why and I cant find another report of it, but when im in a chase from the killer I'll just crouch and get stuck like it for a few seconds. Doesn't matter if I try to sprint again or press crouch, i'll still be stuck crouch walking away until it releases me.

I've tried different perks, add-ons, survivors. I mostly play with controller (xbox elite), but it happens with K/M even if the controller is unplugged. Doesn't seem to matter who the killer is or what map its on as it happens so frequently (every/ every other game).

The only thing I can pin down is it happens when I sprint and almost exclusively when in a chase. It also seemingly happens more when using a controller, but less if the controller is plugged in (not sure if that's just random though) and I've even tried taking back paddles off to eliminate the chance I was pressing them without knowing.

I thought it must of been something to do with my PC, but I know at least 4 others that have experienced it (although to a lesser extent) and only 1 of then occasionally uses a controller while the others exclusively use K&M.

This has been happening since I got my pc about 8 months ago now , so any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

8 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 325

I experienced the same. PS4 though - Ormond map, Min solo survivor. While wounded I dropped a pallet during a chase with the Hag and then became stuck in the crouched position and could not rush or run or break out of it. Clips attached for details

• coley_219

and again....PS4, in chase while injured, as Zarina, against Legion, swf with one other survivor-jake, on new map, dropped a pallet after crouching by pallet and couldn't get up from the crouch.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I've experienced this same behavior.

• ask27
    ask27 Member Posts: 2

Même problème je joue sur switch c est de plus en plus fréquent entre ça et tout les autres bug .....

• GamerGirlMiller82001
    GamerGirlMiller82001 Member Posts: 26

I have experienced this too but I'm pretty sure the L2 button is to blame. Maybe the button is just stuck or something.

• coley_219
    edited April 2020

it's not the L2 button...it happened with and without a new controller

• coley_219

ok, this makes three times in about a month - so I finally get an idea for how often it happens. It is not often but it is debilitating...not in this clip because this person was nice and let me go - but oftentimes the killer either doesn't realize what is happening or takes advantage of it. I am surprised that it happened in this situation so I don't know what triggered it. Normally it happened in chase after dropping a pallet but this time i was grabbed out of a locker, wiggled out and became stuck in the crouched position when he dropped me. i was in chase though, as usual, and before getting into the locker I did stun Bubba with a pallet. PS4, solo survivor Min on haddonfield against Bubba.

• coley_219

This hasn't happened in a long while but i was stuck in the crouched position and could not run from Huntress on Hawkins, PS4, solo survivor Bill. I was repairing a gen but left it to cleanse a totem and then tried to run from Huntress but was stuck after cleansing.

• coley_219

i have one more example...PS4, solo MIn against Oni on Rancid. I was a boso and didn't stop cleansing lol (trying to gauge Oni's listening skills), so he hits me mid-cleansing but then i am stuck crouched and can't run. after being hooked and healed I went back to the same totem and nothing went wrong that time

• Lunar_Saphhire
    Lunar_Saphhire Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2021

This happens to me every single time I attempt a loop with the killer. It will crouch me down then get me back up within seconds (if I’m lucky) or it will keep me crouching for the killer to just get me.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a way to “debuff” survivors. Or make is fair for the killers. But it’s bugged or something like that (in terms of staying crouching and not getting back up.)

it happens when the killer swings, I believe this is meant to be a ducking action, instead of being able to spin around them.

i used to only play survivor and I would complain about the killers a lot, then when I started playing killer I complained about survivors. I think dbd does a pretty good job about evening things out, but if this is an attempt of that I disagree entirely.

I was discussing this issue with my friend and we both concluded that when we play killer, the looping never affected us. It was fair, especially because the killer has speed on a survivor, and more often then not, you always do wind up getting the survivor.

looping also takes a tad bit of skill, not everyone can do it and you are pretty lucky if you can get away with it.