Killers, STOP Expecting a 4K!

For this game to be "balanced" most killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

Even if you get 4 kills HALF of your matches and 2 kills your other matches, that averages out to 3 kills per match. That means 3 out of every 4 survivors won't make it!!!

In what world is that "balanced"?

In solo q, I don't know if our squad makes it out alive even 10% of the time. And in a full squad we maybe make it out 20% of the time.

When you get a killer with certain perks and add-ons, like Freddy, Spirit, even the Hag with her traps, these killers can be virtually impossible to beat.

Then we have killer mains on here whining all day because they are getting t-bagged...

If you aren't getting 2 to 4 kills every match (meaning the game is balanced towards killer) then you absolutely suck.

Of course we should nerf DS, and if we keep the game in the state it's in, n I'm okay, but please, if you are going to nerf anything survivor, nerf the traps of the Hag, nerf Freddy or the Spirit.

Yes we have a problem with q times. That's the only reason why they cater so much to killers. They have to or the game won't survive so I'm okay with it. But killers: a successful match isn't 4k or bust, and again, if you aren't getting 2k or more in most matches, you suck, even my friend who's new to the game can play underpowered killers and get 2 kills each match

Comments

• BeardedScrub
    BeardedScrub Member Posts: 28

The point isn't that they are wanting to improve as killers, to get 4ks, they are wanting consistent nerfs of survivors.

Killers have insane add-ons that combined with perks can make them absolutely unstoppable. BBQ, mixed with several gen regression perks on a freddy, and he teleports to every gen, he can see where everyone is, and when you have to hide your gen goes to 0.

Red ranks are only a small percentage of the game. The majority of players face 3 to 4 deaths match, making this game very killer sided.

I appreciate the feedback and can agree that red rank survivors MAY be able to beat a red rank killer with Freddy+perks, but I rarely see it

• BeardedScrub

Games get ruined through a few people yelling and complaining on twitter, or forums.

I just know that even in purple ranks, at rank 6, it's pretty certain as a survivor in solo that my team with 90% not make it. And even with teammates I know it's not too much higher.

I'm glad to hear your perspective, most threads I see pop in my Google news feed are from killers complaining, even more then survivors. But maybe I am misjudging

• BeardedScrub

There's far more to beating a killer then looping. But I can say the same the other way around. Certain perks make killers near unstoppable. They win with little effort.

I agree though, I'm sure it sucks as a killer when you destroy people and they still all get out

• BeardedScrub

I'm talking basic statistics.

I understand personally as a killer, if you are better you should be rewarded. But you are ALSO facing higher ranked survivors. Who should also be better.

If an average game ends in 3 to 4 deaths, or even 2 to 4 deaths, the game leans towards killer. Even green and purple ranks still tend to lean towards killer in my experience, especially if they run any decent perks.

Again my point isn't too say the game is terrible or need to be fixed. My point is simply that we need to stop complaining about every survivor perk, trying to artificially make the game even easier for killers. Except for ds, which needs that nerf!

• BeardedScrub

Maybe your experience is different then mine. But a good killer doesn't often get looped for 100 seconds, even against a good survivor.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

The average game ends in 2.66 deaths, iirc. Those stats are old though, and there is pretty much zero context behind them.

• BeardedScrub

That's my point. For the game to be truly balanced, since out of the playerbase we should have an equal amount of talent between killer and survivor, we should see roughly 2.5 or 2.6 would show a lean towards killer. If those are updated statistics, I think it just shows that we shouldn't nerf survivors more, to the point of making it easier for killers. If we nerf any survivors, it has to be at the expense of Freddy, Spirit, Hag, etc.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited March 2021

You mentioned queue time but I wait a long time as killer too. I have zero idea what the hold up is with the wait times. And you are correct, this game has swung killer-sided hard in the last 2 yrs. And yet they still complain on here constantly that they don't get to 4k every single match so 'it's unfair'.QQ

• Just_Alex
    Just_Alex Member Posts: 57

Ruin/Undying, Retribution, HG, Thrill (as a build)

With Piggy going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

Truly unstoppable...

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Ah yes biased arguments and dbd go together very well

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

It would be balanced if both sides had equal chances of getting either a 4k or 4 man escape.

• Cristia1V0
    Cristia1V0 Member Posts: 40

So you wanna get rid of a perk because most survivors don't know how to use it properly.

Pfft can't be me.

It's as if there are millions of tutorials to use self care more effectively

Hah, like that ever existed

• Wirius
    Wirius Member Posts: 28

As a killer main, I agree. I consider 2k "par". 3-4k meant you had a great game.

Now does that mean the DS nerf is wrong? No. It was a perk with too much loaded in it. Its STILL very good, and survivors will want to run it as a top choice.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

Conisistent 100% win rate should push you to the 0.01% of top players which then will bring your win rate to 50% in a perfectly balanced pvp game.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

I never play survivor. But I have a full understanding of what they go through when I play.

Do you do the same for the killer? Probably not.

You want them to think about the survivors like they're just players; well I'd like the same for killers.

But because we're "killers" we're awful people that MUST want you to suffer. (Sarcasm)

I have never thought I needed a 4 k unless I needed to rank up - which I do now simply because I'd like to face off against my favorite youtubers.

There's plenty of rude and mean killers in this game that just want it only their way; but not all of us. :L

• YourNightmare
    YourNightmare Member Posts: 164
    edited March 2021

Don't try to explain how stats works to those guys, they understand nothing. I have tried for months they still don't understand. At this point it's a problem of diploma and courses, nothing you can do about it.

They don't understand that red rank stats, taking in account 100 thousands trials would negate any "special events" as one killer winning 100% of its trials as on those thousands and thousands trials there will also be some killers loosing all their trials which would make it balanced in the end.

They think it's possible to throw a dice 1 million times and get the number six 100% of the time.

And if they understand this, then we would have to explain them that skill repartition would follow the "Normal Distribution model" even in exclusive red rank trials... Well never ending stories. That's what happens in democraty, when you let everyone and anyone talking while they haven't any knowledge on the subject.

• YourNightmare

I have played killer as well, from rank 20 to rank 1. PH/Demo and Trapper mostly. Only SWF (like 1 game out of 10) were giving me hard times in red ranks and still i could get 2k...

I don't see where it is not killer sided, explain me ?

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

I agree you should always aim high

and this isn’t directed at you but when you don’t 4k don’t come on the forums like many do and complain the game is unbalanced.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

My breath does feel wasted, definitely. There has to be some form of rebuttle for this cess pool you know? Like the Jedi vs. the Sith. I've noticed that it's the same names, same misconstrued information being regurgitated here and you got to stop the spread. Like watch me right now I'll make a 'killer good survivor bad' post here and get 20 upvotes. I do the same on reddit and I'll get downvoted to oblivion. There is a cult following here for sure.

Loved how you touched on political economics and statistics. You could show thousands of trials plotted in a binomial distribution showing that spirit and freddy sit on the outer quartile of kill rates. No but dude those killer players must be better players than every survivor player in their ranks.

• YourNightmare
    edited March 2021

No, i'm a really good survivor but i'm an average killer (i mean i don't master their abilities) who knows how to apply pressure and have a good map control.

Once you know you have to play to end up in a 3 gens situation... you win all the time.

Game is killer sided. All my friends (around 3000h each of them) that play 50/50 surv/killer tells that globally it's killer sided.

We all agree that Doctor, Trapper, Blight, Billy, Clown, Oni, Demo, Legion, Plague, Ghost, Pig, Myers are balanced.

And other killers it depends :

• Wraith is nothing special, we admit he is weak
    • Nurse is bad and OP : in bad hands she is terrible, in good hands there is no counter at all
    • Huntress is balanced without one shot hatchet
    • Twins is boring and OP, the map control is way too strong, Victor's hitboxes are broken (fixing the hitbox might make it balanced as it would be harder to play)
    • PH is OP
    • Booba is balanced if he doesn't camp and tunnel otherwise it's OP and not fun
    • Hag is the most OP killer
    • Freddy has slightly too much map control but is fairly balanced, his hitbox must be fixed though

Do you know that t he best killer mains in this game are bored to play killer as there is no challenge anymore ? There is literally 0 survivor/SWF good enough to outplay them ? Some of them even stopped to play killer...

And take the best survivors (Ayrun/Noob3 for exemple), they can't outplay killers on a regular basis in red rank games. Check their youtube, most of the clips are against purple/green killers lol... And they are considered gods at this game. And they are pissed with the state of the game, some of them stopped to play DbD.

• YourNightmare
    edited March 2021

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/940950420

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/936878761

Pretty much the experience i'm having with the game right now =) unless i'm never matched against green/purple rank killers. So no, it's not easy for Ayrun lol... Even for his SWF it's not that easy.