Killers, STOP Expecting a 4K!

124»

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

At this point, i´m not even expecting 4 hooks before the gates are powered.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I've been playing DBD for nearly 6k hours. I've played more solo queue than you've probably slept in your lifetime.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

I play solo Q so I can definitely say it is survivor sided.

Whether you like it or not, unfortunately it is the truth, at least in red ranks that is.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

This game is not balanced... something everyone can agree on, but until the devs fix all the core issues,

both sides have every right to expect the "best" outcome of their every match. So killers, get as many kills as you can and Survivors, get as many people out as you can.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

escape is optional for a pip where as killing is not optional. Kills have to be the most stupid thing to base this game off and anyone that plays killer would know this from some of the things they have seen.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I find the problem with this topic is that people winge that they can't 4k the best teams as a weak killer say legion. This is just a ridiculous thing to say, because if you could consistently 4k the BEST teams with some of the WORSE killers, i don't see how that's balanced. Especially when there are plenty of high tier killers out there who CAN beat any team if you play them properly.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,295

This mantra keeps getting repeated and it's absolutely wrong. Almost all matches reach a point of no salvation before 3 minutes, and they end in a 4K for the killer.

Survivors just have more skill expression than most killers, which makes extremely good survivors stand out.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

i"m 36y old so your argument is not valid ;) i ve forgot forum is Killer biased

in red ranks it's Nurse -> Spirit-> and repeat, games mostly end with 3k+ why ? most red ranks survivors dont know what a 3 gen is and dont know how to loop. buts its survivor sided >.>

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

Sore losers are the ones to complain if they do not get 4k.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

no. you get gold/red emblems when you did extra good. if you only get a black pip, you're at the right rank that matches your skill. that's how the ranking system works.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

3/4 survs die in red ranks, so devs give us something not to uninstall the game, a pip.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

For this game to be "balanced" >>>most<<< killer mains are asking to be able to kill 4 survivors most matches...

yeah well MOST humans out there think you are stupid

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815

Red rank kill rate has been ~70% for the past few years. Whether the highest skill survivors have an advantage over the highest skill killers is an open question, but at red ranks the game is clearly not survivor sided.

• Tsulan

On red ranks the game is as survivor sided as it gets. Most of the matches 3 gens are completed by the time the killer gets his first down.

At least, thats how my solo survivor matches go.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

And when the killer gets his last hook there're 2 gens left yet

• notstarboard

Your personal experience may be different, but on the aggregate ~70% of survivors do not survive the trial at red rank. Some people feel that's because it's easy to pip as survivor and there are lots of boosted players, but that's irrelevant. At high rank the game is clearly not survivor sided. At high skill the answer could be different, but we don't have the data to say. That data won't even exist until MMR is stable.

FWIW, gens will always go faster at the beginning on matches, so choosing to focus on gen progress during the first chase will always make survivors look OP regardless of actual game balance. Read my reply to Pulsar if you're curious.

If three gens are down before a killer gets their first down, the killer deserves to lose. That means they're not able to down their first survivor for ~80-100 seconds, if survivors are splitting up and sticking to gens. That is a very poor chase at a time in the match where you absolutely cannot afford to have a poor chase.

• Tsulan

The 70% kill rate is from before the Undying and Mori nerf.

We need new stats in that regard. Moris are completely gone and i´d like to see the current stats without them. Either moris had such an high impact on the kill rate, that it deserved the nerf. In which case killers need a buff. Or it didn´t had an impact at all. If thats the case, why nerf it?

• notstarboard
    edited March 2021

Well, another option is that old Moris had a significant impact when used, but weren't used frequently enough to move the needle too much on the aggregate (and certainly not far enough to necessitate other buffs, given that killers overperform at red rank). I think this is probably the most likely option. Personally I'd expect kill rates are a few ticks lower now because of the Mori nerf, but still far north of 50% at red rank. There's no way that Undying's nerf and Moris are going to singlehandedly save anywhere close to one survivor in five. Moris were obviously gutted, but Undying's still very good. It's still solid with Tinkerer & Ruin and it's even better than it used to be with non-Ruin hexes like Devour.

I would love to see new numbers too, but the kill rate at red rank has been close to 70% for years all while many folks on the forum have complained about survivors being OP at red rank. If the game were heavily survivor-sided at red rank the kill rate would have to be like half of what it has been.

Again, high skill matches might not follow the same trend so proper skill-based matchmaking could well change some things. It's undeniable that killers have consistently overperformed at high rank, though. ~70% kill rates in a world where the hatch always opens for the last survivor regardless of gen progress is extremely high.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

"nerf the traps of the Hag"

Get duck walked on,son.

• Tsulan

Well going from the feedback the forum received when the mori nerf launched, it was hard to believe that moris were not omnipresent in every single match. At least some people made it sound like that.

What most people forget about the high red rank kill rates is, that for one, survivors love to suicide on hook, when the match doesn´t go their way (dooming the rest of the team) and two, rainbow matches. Red rank killers that get matched with literally everything.

I guess we´ll need to wait for the MMR to launch, to see how it really goes. But then again, if the MMR works properly, it might mask the issues by matching people in the desired outcome of 2 escapes, 2 dead.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

You can get black pips regardless of your playstyle as a killer if the game lasts long enough, you cant get black pips if you're rushed out.

If you were able to black pip as a survivor regardless if you were rushed out of the game, I wouldnt really have an issue with it and probably argue the same that its easier to gain pips as survivor.

Except thats not the case, I can troll as a killer in 80% of my games, do absolutely terrible, and still get a black pip. For me to depip as a killer, I am pretty much forced to stay AFK watching a corner, or face a tournament squad. For me to lose a pip as a survivor, I only need a killer that isnt good enough to keep the chase going while teammates work on gens(which is why I argue that you should get emblems for gens, regardless if you are in chase or not). I've had games where I got followed by the killer for 5 generators, trying to force the chase to activate all game, but for the killer to lose the chase too easily and causing me to depip. I've never had games as a killer where I depipped because survivors rushed gens unless it was a tournament squad.

So lets compare:

On one side, easy depips if the killer is bad or decides to rush you out of the game, neither really need any skill to rush kills or be bad.

On the other side, you depip as a killer if you face a team that is so highly skilled or if you literally afk.

How is this even up for discussion?

• Flippero
    Flippero Member Posts: 36

The problem with people expecting a 4k is that the game only rewards you for getting 3+ kills. If you get 2 kills and MAYBE 2 more hooks you hardly get 1/5 of the rank up. Survivors in the other hand dont have to do much to get a rank up. Even if they die in the trial they can still get easy golden emblems by doing totems, gens, sabotages and so on. The game should reward more for getting 2k and and should reward you les from going from 3 to 4k.

• notstarboard

Killers also love to give the last survivor hatch and red rank survivors also get matched against killers / with teammates of many different ranks. It's not clear if those matches are even included in the "red rank" kill rate, but it's a two-way street regardless. These various biasing factors are not going to combine turn a ~70% kill rate into well below 50%. The high kill rate is also the strongest evidence we have; tear it down all you'd like, but I have yet to see any data showing the opposite.

If MMR matches people such that more players are averaging 2ks, that would be great. If that's not happening at certain ranks, though, that will give the devs a clear signal that they need to make balance changes. For example, let's say 1000 is an average skill rating and kill rates are ~50% at 1000 skill. If 1800+ matches have like a 35% kill rate and 600- matches have a 70%, that's a good sign that the devs need to make balance changes to make the game more fair at very low and very high levels of skill. Hopefully they're just able to come up with a reliable algorithm, because all of these conclusions go out the window if they can't figure out a halfway decent way to evaluate skill in the first place.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's a problem with how you learn killer. The very early game is extremely killer sided, players are afraid to do gens and sneak around hoping their teammates will do the objective.

Mid game is where it is relatively balanced for both sides, experienced gameplay is where is shifts toward survivor a bit more, especially if swf is in play. Killers have to play well to get max hooks if against experienced survivors, and have to paly extremely well against a good team to get around 2-3 kills (this is how the game should be).

Killers get used to 4Ks in early-mid ranks and take is as the standard of how a match should play out. It's a problem with the gameplay progression.

12 hooks should absolutely be the exception if the matchmaking is even remotely balanced. Most games should end in a 2-3K.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Escape is optional.

Fill out your check list and boom you pip. This causes survivors to make stupid plays at end game, and games can go from a 1k to a 4k for literally no reason.

Killers struggle to derank because they are stuck in the game for the entire duration and the devs made it to easy to safety. basically everything you do earns you points but none of it matters if not enough die.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've always found this a little silly. I'd prefer it to try to encourage survival a little more but I can understand why survivors might not like that. Having to exclusively prioritise gens would probably get boring in high ranks.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

You can always pick out the boosted survivors - because they all say the game isn't survivor sided.

That's an immediate giveaway that, unfortunately, you're bad at survivor.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

4k every game isn't balance, and those that expect it are just entitled.

That said, idk how anyone can claim to have a hard time getting regular 4k's in this game unless they're genuinely bad at the game. Those godlike teams are like 1 in 20 teams one would go up against, at most, and even then, it is winnable if you play well and avoid tilting so you think clearly. Players such as Otzdarva have proven this to be the case.

With that in mind, I've never really had issue getting regular 4k's with the odd game where I get stomped to safety pip in red rank as killer. It's one of the reasons I find it so, so boring.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    edited March 2021

I don't expect a 4k. I just want a game where I feel like I lost because the other side played well and showed a lot of skill, not held shift+w, dropped god pallets, and pressed E for free distance.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Play Legion and a 2K is almost always a rank up, even in red ranks.