Legion Rework/Overhaul Concept.

Options
DBDude
DBDude Member Posts: 308
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So on this forum post I would like to suggest a Legion rework idea, and hopefully this concept go's out according to plan.

So before we start, let's admit that Legion ain't that fun, and when The darkness Among Us chapter got announced, we thought that Legion would have been a Legion of killers, but then we ended up getting a very boring killer power instead. So this concept is a Legion rework idea I had for quite some time, so with that out of the way lets begin.

So for power we are going to completely scrap Feral Frenzy, and instead replace it with a power called The Legion, pretty simple name for a power.

So what The Legion does is allow you to switch through all 4 Legion members in a match, Frank, Julie, Susie, and Joey, with each member having there own strengths and weaknesses.

When switching to Frank, you have the ability to Vault pallets and windows whenever you want to, taking 0.9 seconds to do, and when vaulting any survivor within 10 meters will have there aura revealed to you.

( Oh and quick side note whenever you switch to a Legion member that would take up to 5 seconds to do.)

When switching to Julie, you move at a 120 percent movement speed out of chase, and move at a 110 speed in chase, but when in bloodlust 1 and 2, hitting a survivor will give you a few seconds of 115 movement speed and in bloodlust 3 you get 120 movement speed. And please note that when out of chase, your bloodlust bar stays the same if its in one or 2, but if at 3 then it will reset.

When switching to Susie, you will have the ability to crouch and CLIMB over objects, but climbing would mean that Susie could climb over rocks, loops, and all that but nothing like climbing on to the balcony of dead dog saloon. And just to note is that it takes 0.9 seconds to climb over objects.

When Switching to Joey, you have 110 movement speed, but any basic attacks you do to a survivor would make them result in one of the following effects.

Blindness.

Broken.

Deep Wound.

Exhausted.

Hemorrhage.

Hindered.

Mangled.

Oblivious.

So there you have it, those were my ideas for a Legion rework which in my opinion will really make Legion one of the most fun killers in the game.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

No.

We have a killer who can be in two places at once. You remember what happens? Mass camping... let's not repeat Twins

• DBDude
    edited March 2021
    Options

No I don't mean have 4 killers in one match, I mean like switching through each member similar to how Freddy got in and out of dream world back then. And with this whole thing Legion cannot be at for places at once, just one.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,286
    Options

I can see what youre trying to go for here but this doesnt seem to be that strong or a fun ability at all, this would literally just make Legion more of an M1 killer than he already is. And I honestly think if the team would sit down for a moment and think for improvements to Feral Frenzy they would he able to pull it off

• Azxx93
    Azxx93 Member Posts: 117
    Options

OP never specified there being 4 killers on the map at once

• DBDude
    Options

That's kind of true Shroompy, I'm just trying to come up with a more unique concept, not supposed to be that strong but at least unique.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    Options

Alright... so you mind telling how you expect them to rework Legion's entire customization system then? That's.... never gonna happen.

• Shroompy
    Options

Judging by things youre saying you seem to be a bit new, first of all welcome to the forums. But Freddy back then was always stuck in the dream world and could not interact with awake survivors, he couldnt go back and forth through worlds.

Another thing to mention, is when Legion was being teased people thought he was going to be a multi personality killer with a tier up power similar to Michael.

Every one speculates when a PTB is on the verge of dropping and every time weve been wrong

• GrimReaperJr1232
    Options

My previous statement was more rude and condescending than I initially realized. I apologize

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

Well it seems unique but 4 different choice can be a little bit much. Some ideas of yours are need to be increased-decreased but other than that it kinda make sense cause history of The Legion is the 4 teenagers that are grouped together. I myself actually like the Feral Frenzy because it can show where the survivors are and can be nice for catch the escaping ones but yeah there can be rework. Your idea is a new overhaul legion which is quite hard but mayve devs can implement some updated power.

• DBDude
    Options

Your fine, and I definitely see where your coming from, and I admit that this concept will never happen, but I thought just sharing a rework concept I had in mind would have been cool Grimreaperjr1232.

• DBDude
    Options

Ya a lot of my killer rework concepts I have in mind are complete overhauls.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    edited March 2021
    Options

I like the idea of Legion tagging each other in as the other 3 kind of observe the trial and all four of them having a unique power to be honest. Just wander around the map and pick up each mask to inherit the power.

There was a Hotline Miami concept around that though so something like that.

• DBDude
    Options

And shroompy, this is actually my second day on the forums actually but ya, we all thought we were gonna get a werewolf for chapter 17 which instead we got The ping pong Goblin.

• Shroompy
    Options

One thing to help you out, is you can use "@" and then the username of some one to notify them or you can go over to their post and quote them, that way if you're talking to some one specific they will be notified

• DBDude
    Options

Dustin In my opinion, they shouldn't be observing the trail but whenever you pick the mask you become that Legion member.

• DBDude
    Options

@Shroompy Ok got it, thanks.

• Dustin
    Options

Well just imagine you just see glimpses of the other 3 members as the main one chases you. Purely a visual thing but it would give the feel that all 4 Legion members were closing in on you.

• DBDude
    Options

@Dustin So kind of like a hallucination.

• Dustin
    Options

Yeah but that way they're present in the trial without the issues Twins have.

• DBDude
    Options

@Dustin I see.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Cool Idea but Frank and Julie sound a bit busted. The other 2 sound really cool but maybe remove hemorage blindness exhaustion and deep wounds from Joey hits since deep wounds is a pointless thing that has no reason to exist, blindness is unfun in solo Q and useless against a swf, hemorage is just hte most useless effect in the game and exhaustion is a pretty boring perk too. Also it should go away after like 2 minutes or if Joey hits you again.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

I mean, only baby twins camp like that. Let alone that an easy fix would be to slightly increase the cooldown before you can move again.

Not that legion is actually that unfun to play. People who think Legion is unfun are playing him with the same mindset that they play Spirit with.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

And here I was thinking I came up with a cool concept too but no one responded to my Legion rework.

• DBDude
    Options

@Friendly_Blendette I'm was thinking about getting rid of Blindness and hemorrhage, but I would keep them just because so they can be some filler ups. And that point you had bring up about Joey's hit does make sense because you don't want to keep on annoying survivors with your random effects, so correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a status effect caused by Joey like deep wound or something, and after 2 minutes that status effect goes away? Sounds interesting.

• DBDude
    Options

@LazyPayday What was your idea for a Legion rework?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2021
    Options

His ability is actually pretty fun it's frustrating because it doesn't effect the match enough/isn't strong enough.

The legion doesn't need a full rework imo all they need is a reward system for getting frenzy hits and any rework that involves switching between members wont work that well and feels like a copy of the twinss, also your idea is waaaaaay too complex and their is also the issue of cosmetics.

edit: as for a reward system this is what i came up with.

For each hit in frenzy you gain a token. Tokens are consumed when frenzy ends.

1. Nothing
    2. Reduced feral frenzy fatigue
    3. Reduced feral frenzy fatigue and all survivors affected by deep wounds are revealed by killer instinct for 5 seconds after frenzy ends.
    4. When feral frenzy ends you go into a fatal frenzy, your movement speed is drastically reduced for 2 seconds before moving at 5.2 m/s it then lasts for 8 seconds during which your attacks injure and down survivors, hitting survivors in this state adds 4 seconds to it’s duration. Survivors affected by deep wounds in your terror radius are revealed by killer instinct during this time.

• DBDude
    Options

@AChaoticKiller Ya my ideas can get too out of hand sometimes, and landing multiple chain stabs I do admit can be fun.

• Danblaster
    Danblaster Member Posts: 15
    Options

I think if they would just make some innovated changes to improve "feral frenzy" that should be enough. I believe you would waste more time swapping into each member of the legion than just simply holding w in a chase and m1ing.

Make it more simple, how about you have each member of the legion chilling around the map proped up against a locker. To switch between members you would just go up to a locker and press ctrl. Thus taking over a different member across the map. It will be a slower gimmicky freddy gen teleport.

• DBDude
    Options

@Danblaster I see, but for me a killer power is all about its uniqueness and all the variety it comes with, but your concept is still a unique concept just by how simple and effective it could be in certain situations.

• Danblaster
    Danblaster Member Posts: 15
    Options

Yup and you can make the cool down 30 seconds, since the locations will be random at specifically near a locker. Would be a cool concept for them as "map control" each member can have their own cosmetic you put on them as well their own unique idle animation up against the locker.

• DBDude
    Options

@Danblaster And with a concept like that you gave Legion (Which I think every killer needs) map control, its these simple yet effective power concepts that could really amp up a killer.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475
    Options

I haven't read all the replies to see how much this idea has evolved in the mean time, but base kit seems kind of weak. I would only play as frank and Susie because I don't think you have any idea how strong jumping in the middle of a loop would be. I mean could you just walk on top of the loop including pallet? Frank for some tracking I guess. Joey's RNG sounds like a major pain in the ass. I'm not sure I entirely understand Julie, but blood lust dependent perks suck ballz for a reason.

Also, while its simple enough to tell the difference between females and males, it would be very difficult to tell which version of legion the survivor is going against.

I feel like if you are gonna make a character who switches characters, they need to be able to adapt to the specific situations they are in. I'll do a quick revamp of your idea to make it simpler, more in line with current design, but most importantly effective for situational moments.

You still have Feral frenzy, but after you hit a survivor you can switch to a different member of the team. Each has a different effect similar to your idea. To distinguish them, his or her red stain could be a different color (just picking arbitrary colors for this example)

Julie (Yellow Stain)- Survivors downed by Julie cannot fill the recover meter themselves

Joey (Light Green Stain)- Attacks made in Feral frenzy Damage the Deep wounds bar and he can get an extra swing after hitting someone in deep wounds

Frank (Red Stain)- Does everything except run and swing faster. Pallet break, gen kick, hook, pickup, break walls

Susie (Blue Stain)- Marks any survivor hit with Feral frenzy is marked instead of placed into deep wounds. After 60 seconds, the mark becomes consumable. Once Susie is switched to any other member of the Legion, all marks are consumed making all marked survivors exposed for 60 seconds.

Your Idea is a great starting point to inspire others creativity and you can use their creativity to inspire your own ideas further. Welcome to the Light side of DBD, the affirming creative community. Love your enthusiasm.

• DBDude
    Options

@TheDuhJ You love my enthusiasm? I love Your enthusiasm! I love creating Killer concepts and reworks even though it takes like 30 minutes to do, and people like you are the people that encourage me to create more of what I love, so thank you and whoever else is reading this for taking time and reading this concept.

Oh and about Joey, well about the legion anyway....they will have their own addons, so using Joey's addons, like only making him send survivors into the mending state when he gets a hit or like Susie can climb over objects faster and all that, and they will have other addons that are universal (meaning for every) to each Legion member while only having there own addons. Oh ya and about Julie's whole bloodlust thing I know it might not be that good but I tried to come up with something more unique/original.

• EZayn
    EZayn Member Posts: 33
    Options

i enjoyed reading that i wish this would be implemented but i bet the devs wont

• DBDude
    Options

@EZayn Well I'm glad you enjoyed it, but who knows what the devs will do at this point.

• TheDuhJ
    Options

Its a great start to an idea. Lemme work with what you got a bit and see where it goes. Some general rules if you want your idea to go well and taken seriously (especially for survivor cause survivor mains are really picky)

1. Anything that effects movement speed positively, make it accessible but situational. The problem with your bloodlust idea is that blood lust is situational, but often times not accessible. I could give some further ideas on this if you are interested, but try to think of what you are doing with Julie in those terms. Situational, but accessible.
    2. RNG = almost always bad. Unless you really think about its application, don't use it.
    3. Remember movement speed penalties are really, really, really frustrating in this game. If you force it on a melee killer, make their corresponding power very strong or you will get looped forever and it is not fun.
    4. When working on killers, ask yourself "If my killer would do (your idea) why would I not just play (killer your idea is similar to)?" That's how you make something really unique. So even Susie's power for example... "My killer can climb walls, but why wouldn't I just play nurse who can teleport through walls?" "...why wouldn't I just play clown who can slow people down at loops?"

It's fun to post our creative whimsies without taking too much time to think about them, but If you do on these forums, you will get more traffic and be able to defend your ideas and why you believe in them.

If interested, here is an assignment for your idea, and lets see what you come up with if you feel like it. (Feel free to use the idea I made as a point for some inspiration if you want)

YOUR MISSION:

Rework your characters unique traits so that people really want to switch between all the characters.

Some tips:

• Make the transition as quickly as makes sense.
    • Think: If I use X member's power, if I switch to Y member, how would that make my life as killer easier.
    • Try to imagine your own unique mechanic. Remember in the legion trailer how the legion ran with the survivor and David thought it was a fellow survivor, then they put on the legion mask and pounce? I wonder if there is some potential there to get you rolling...

Anyway, if you don't bother to mess with this any further that's chill and it was a pleasure regardless.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Am I the only one in this thread who really likes what Legion is right now? I do get that Legion's in game power does not fit their lore even a little, but still. To me, Legion is fun. Very fun. He is easily my favorite or second favorite Killer. The fact that they are one of the very very few Killers with a power meant for strength in a 1v4 in a 1v4 game is... weird but part of why I love them. If they did basically delete Legion's current power and didn't add a new killer with it, there's a decent chance that that'd be the end of DBD for me.

• DBDude
    Options

@TheDuhJ So the first two are pretty hard in my opinion BUT the third one is the EXCITING part...

So this secondary ability Legion would have would be called...….

Deceptive Disguise.

So Deceptive Disguise could only be activated 4 times a match, with each Legion member using one.

So what this does is that you can disguise yourself as a survivor, and if you get near another survivor you could potentially backstab them, sending a survivor into the dying state, but if you miss this attack your identity would be revealed.

And quick note say if your Frank and your disguised as David, so if you successfully Backstab someone you cannot use Deceptive Disguise as Frank and cannot disguise as David for that match.

How about that for a concept?

• DBDude
    Options

@FFirebrandd Ya he is one of the only killers to have 1v4 potential in his current state right now.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yes, which makes him unique. And... to the right person, incredibly fun. So why are you trying to get Feral Frenzy scrapped?

• TheDuhJ
    Options

Its a start, but it sounds really limiting. Would you keep the disguise active if you successfully backstab?

• DBDude
    Options

@FFirebrandd Idk I just want something that's just a bit more unique, and interesting, but that's just my opinion.

• DBDude
    Options

@TheDuhJ Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that.

• TheDuhJ
    Options

So what you are telling me is that you can get a lot of potential with this perk, but if they miss their power 4 times they an m1 killer the rest of the game. Who does that sound like... (Micheal Myers). Now if you ask, why would I play my legion over MM? Well, you get the power full from start, and you can mimic a survivor that sounds fun, but if you are not good enough, you become burger king myers but without the lowered terror radius.

If its gonna be soooo high risk reward, it needs a little something to give it a bit more accessibility to Newcomers I got some ideas, but what can u come up with?

• DBDude
    edited March 2021
    Options

@TheDuhJ I mean I wish there was a tutorial mode for every killer, but in all honesty I actually don't know, and I hate to say that. I mean with an advanced tutorial mode a newer player could learn the ins and outs of Legion.

• TheDuhJ
    Options

What I mean is that missing 4 times to become a nothing killer is a high price to pay if you are new. Knowing how the character works and being good at playing the killer are 2 different things. It be like saying, if you are playing huntress, you get only 4 reloads of your hatchets, but if you miss all your hatchets, well that's it. The skill required to execute on a killer should be accessible to some degree for new killers who don't have a full grasp of the mechanics. I would suggest if its that high risk reward, there needs to be some kind of passive ability the killer can fall back on so they aren't left with nothing but perks and a knife.

Lets go with that. If you were gonna make a passive to compliment your power, what would it be?

• DBDude
    Options

So if I want Legion's power to be accessible to newer players, I would just simply let them use Feral Frenzy, I didn't really think my power through to newer players but just mainly high ranks, but if you have an idea let me know, but anyway, I better get to bed, its getting pretty late.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

I had a similar idea, involving all 4 in the match at once, however you would move at survivor speed and be able to group up with the other Legion members to increase your speed and lethality.

People didn't really like it, despite it being different from Twins lol

• DBDude
    Options

@Grimmy_Bluues It actually sounds pretty neat.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

This is the type of thing I expected with the legion, like they'd swap the mask to change people and each one had unique interactions and stats.