The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC'ing to give the hatch

Blueberry
Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

What's y'alls thoughts on this?

Personally, DC'ing to give a hatch and prevent the 4k is a straight up cop out to me. That loses a "gg" from me right there. The hatch is bad enough and it forces the killer to try and slug one while keeping an eye on them and all the gens simultaneously but you're even gonna deny that with a DC? This is also after the slug nerf. I wouldn't slug at all if we weren't forced to in order to 4 man.

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited November 2018

My honest opinion is regardless of reason if you DC as a survivor a giant spike should come from the sky and impale you and count as a sacrifice with the animation and everything. That way even if someone DC's to give hatch they have to wait for them to be pulled into the sky as if they were sacrificed. Perks like BBQ doesn't need to proc this is more so to prevent coordinated DC's.

My arguments for this being unfair to survivor is you're waiting the same amount of time as if they hooked the player normally so nothing would change if the other player was playing normal. If someone DC's either it was a coordinated DC or you were at a disadvantage regardless so the animation isn't going to hurt legitimate players more than the DC'r already did.

I acknowledge that slugging is boring but I'm not going to give leniency to a dc because of that. Although that seems like another topic to discuss.

No comment on killer DC'ing mostly because the issue is killer is host. Can't really think of any benefits towards survivor.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I don't support it either. It breaks the rules of the game and cheats the killer out of a 4k, unless DCing was an intended game mechanic.

• Blueberry

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I don't support it either. It breaks the rules of the game and cheats the killer out of a 4k, unless DCing was an intended game mechanic.

Exactly, if it isn't part of an intended game mechanic that's a problem and how I see it.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    I personally don't care anymore about the DC for hatch cuz hatch is a broken mechanic anyway. We as community should invest more time and power to motivate the devs to change it into one of the ideas they mentioned in a stream/video ASAP. I'm really wondering why it takes them so long to implement that, cuz the idea was absolutely great and it shouldn't need that much coding 
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

I think the hatch and that part of the endgame needs a rework in general, but you keep making posts about survivors DCing to give the hatch.... I've literally never seen that done. Ever.

Killing themselves on the hook? Sure, often enough, and it's perfectly fine. Actual disconnects? I've had one person disconnect right at the end of the game, it was literally to deny me the hook/kill when I downed them after they rescued another survivor.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Just happened to me this morning. Really a dick move: only two were left, downed one, went looking for the other, still two gens to do, then... DC. Situation like this means the killer beat you fair and square. DC-ing is very unsportsmanlike. Glad it is punished if done excessively. Not harshly enough though.

On the other hand, @My_Dude I completely disagree about suiciding on hook to give hatch is the same. I'd say it's well within intended mechanics, and it's a valid move.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

DC'ing as in disconnecting, or do you mean killing themselves on the hook? If its the latter then there is no problem with that.

• MrZapp
    MrZapp Member Posts: 102

Suiciding on the hook is perfectly fine, is it annoying,I mean sure, but its what I as a killer was trying to do anyway so by all means feel free to speed that up to give your team a better chance.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@SpaceCoconut said:
    27:15 is relevant to this discussion.
    https://youtu.be/IOFLUvAJAJ4

Some local Ochidolings will say that it's totally fair and a good punition for try-hard of your kind.

• Blueberry

@Chrona said:
    I think the hatch and that part of the endgame needs a rework in general, but you keep making posts about survivors DCing to give the hatch.... I've literally never seen that done. Ever.

Killing themselves on the hook? Sure, often enough, and it's perfectly fine. Actual disconnects? I've had one person disconnect right at the end of the game, it was literally to deny me the hook/kill when I downed them after they rescued another survivor.

What do you mean keep making? This is the first I've ever posted on this topic.

As to some other comments about suiciding on hook to give hatch, that's fine. I am strictly refering to DC'ing to give hatch, not suiciding.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

It's fine with me , don't really care.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308
    I think the hatch mechanic needs to be changed. Maybe if the survivor completes 2 full gens they get a Black Key that can "open the black locks on the event that 3 sacrifices have been made" 
    Then it means that the survivors that have done their jobs get a free escape because clearly the rest of their team mates didn't do much if you have managed to do 2 full gens.

I don't dc if I am being slugged but I do wish there was a way you could suicide if you have been slugged for over 30 seconds. I am fed up of being slugged the first time I go down because I did my objective and stealthed just because there is 2 gens left to complete and a sweaty killer wants a 4k. I want to suicide and give the killer 500 points on top of the mori points (500 more than the base of being hooked and dying+mori points) just to be able to leave the guy that is stealthing around the map while a cloaked wraith is just camping my body baiting him out. Either that or you bleed out faster When the killer is near out of fear or something?

I don't slug as I play for fun not for competition. I hate being slugged as a solo survivor. I think the hatch needs to be changed but I also think slugging needs a change too 
  • Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308
    ^also before someone says run no mither, or unbreakable. If I run no mither the killer knows to hook me so I don't have a chance to use it. If I have unbreakable and the killer is camping my slugged body like many wraiths I see do then they just smack me as soon as I use it so it is a waste of perk.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Blueberry said:

Personally, DC'ing to give a hatch and prevent the 4k is a straight up cop out to me. That loses a "gg" from me right there. The hatch is bad enough and it forces the killer to try and slug one while keeping an eye on them and all the gens simultaneously but you're even gonna deny that with a DC? This is also after the slug nerf. I wouldn't slug at all if we weren't forced to in order to 4 man.

i ######### feel your pain the hatch is broken and robs us skilled killers of a satisfying end

• friendlykillermain

@My_Dude said:
    DCing and intentionally killing yourself on the hook so someone can get the hatch is the biggest dick move a survivor team can do. Literal tryharding at it's most toxic.

agreed

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Annelia said:

Killer is already got his kills. No need to waste other people's time by slugging and forcing them to stay in the game just so they could stroke their ego.
    If the last player gets the hatch - he gets the hatch. If you catch him before that happens - oh well.
    Just don't slug, stroking own's ego at the expense of other people is just not cool.

And why is slugging so bad? Care to elaborate? How is the killer inflating his ego by doing this?
  • friendlykillermain

@Annelia said:

@popoles said:
    And why is slugging so bad? Care to elaborate? How is the killer inflating his ego by doing this?

I feel like it's pretty self-explanatory, to be honest. When 3 kills is not enough and someone wants to perform better on the expense of other people around him, therefore making his desires a priority, therefore making sure that other people around him are forced into a very uncomfortable situation, but still not caring about it. Enormous ego at its finest.

Can't blame survivors for leaving the match. In the giver circumstances there is simply no room left for them on the map.

why cant the killer have even a chance for a 4k the end game is so survivor sided its ridiculous not all survivors are entitled to an escape

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited November 2018

@friendlykillermain said:

why cant the killer have even a chance for a 4k the end game is so survivor sided its ridiculous not all survivors are entitled to an escape

" You don't get it : WE are entitled to a 4 mans escape
    WE are the Heroes of this story.

You filthy killer main ! "

• friendlykillermain

but i just wanted to voice my opinion

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Annelia said:

@popoles said:

I feel like it's pretty self-explanatory, to be honest. When 3 kills is not enough and someone wants to perform better on the expense of other people around him, therefore making his desires a priority, therefore making sure that other people around him are forced into a very uncomfortable situation, but still not caring about it. Enormous ego at its finest.

Can't blame survivors for leaving the match. In the giver circumstances there is simply no room left for them on the map.

So he uses a logical and tactical strategy to complete his objective. But why let the winner take his prize, right? He doesn't deserve it, because he is just inflating his ego. (Which is okay, you know. He outplayed all of you. And you lost. It's as simple as that.)
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    I think the hatch mechanic needs to be changed. Maybe if the survivor completes 2 full gens they get a Black Key that can "open the black locks on the event that 3 sacrifices have been made" 
    Then it means that the survivors that have done their jobs get a free escape because clearly the rest of their team mates didn't do much if you have managed to do 2 full gens.
    I would say that instead of focusing on two gens for a survivor in order to gain a black key, I would say to break a totem and do half a gen. 

That way the totems would actually be somewhat of a secondary objective. SWFs would be forced to actually communicate and drop what they're doing (to an extent) in order to make sure everyone has broken at least one totem.

As for completing two full gens. That's a lot of gen to have to complete, when in some matches you have ran the killer around or spent matches unhooking. If I waste 3 or 4 minutes of the killer's time by running or if I hop off of several gens to make saves or heal, why should I not have a crack at getting a key?
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

@popoles said:
    Annelia said:

@popoles said:

So he uses a logical and tactical strategy to complete his objective. But why let the winner take his prize, right? He doesn't deserve it, because he is just inflating his ego. (Which is okay, you know. He outplayed all of you. And you lost. It's as simple as that.)

It's all well and good to play to your best and be competitive doing so.. But you can't expect other human beings to play a game, be slugged for minutes only to be hooked at the last second so the killer can use his bbq aura to find the last person.
    Not everyone uses DBD to fulfill a competitive hunger. Some people play for fun and It is not fun being slugged at the end.

There is a reason the leave match button exists. The devs installed it as part of the game a few years ago, its still in the game. And do you know the reason for the leave match button? It's so anyone can leave the game anytime they like.
    They could have been removed it, patched out, or they could have imposed crazy strong bans on dcing.

But they haven't.

They know the game isn't perfect and it's not always fun for all involved or balanced with SWF, Killers, And solo players.

There will always be a split between the hardcore players and the casuals.

All IMO

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

Just a pitty that the devs dont see the need to actually punish players for DCing.

What's a pity is that you keep posting things like that you know to be completely untrue as evidenced by all the complaint threads on here about getting banned for dcing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

Just a pitty that the devs dont see the need to actually punish players for DCing.

What's a pity is that you keep posting things like that you know to be completely untrue as evidenced by all the complaint threads on here about getting banned for dcing.

I can give you evidence and DC 10 times in a row without receiving any punishment.
    ANd this in a "competitive" game. Thats laughable if we are honest

• Blueberry

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

I can give you evidence and DC 10 times in a row without receiving any punishment.

Record this, in a row, no cuts or edits please.

• Master
    edited November 2018

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

I dont have the tools to do that on my PC, but luckily there are streamers out there that derank regularly by DCing, jendenise for example :wink:

She even explains it in her Q&A beneath the stream:

Q: Why do you derank?
    I've been in the red ranks very often, and use to stay at rank 1. But I would go against the same 1-2 killers many times in a row and it would become very boring for the stream. I would also have the same teammates every game. I like to stay in the purple/green ranks for more variety. I don't like to derank to the yellow ranks because I do think the yellow and brown ranks should be the new player's haven. I found that players tend to get worse the higher I get in ranks. Every day, I start at around rank 11 and stop my streams at around rank 4-6.

• Blueberry

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

I dont have the tools to do that on my PC, but luckily there are streamers out there that derank regularly by DCing, jendenise for example :wink:

I've been in the red ranks very often, and use to stay at rank 1. But I would go against the same 1-2 killers many times in a row and it would become very boring for the stream. I would also have the same teammates every game. I like to stay in the purple/green ranks for more variety. I don't like to derank to the yellow ranks because I do think the yellow and brown ranks should be the new player's haven. I found that players tend to get worse the higher I get in ranks. Every day, I start at around rank 11 and stop my streams at around rank 4-6.

Saying someone does and showing it are two different things, talk is cheap.

Also, her description basically just says she wants to be ranks where she can bully lower rank killers for entertainment on her channel, that's what she's really saying. Seeing the same killers over and over with that little variety is just nonsense.

• Master

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

Also, her description basically just says she wants to be ranks where she can bully lower rank killers for entertainment on her channel, that's what she's really saying. Seeing the same killers over and over with that little variety is just nonsense.

Of course, but it doesnt change the fact that she does that after every stream and hasnt been puinshed for it :wink:

• friendlykillermain

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

Of course, but it doesnt change the fact that she does that after every stream and hasnt been puinshed for it :wink:

true im sick of famous people getting better standings then us why? are they more important? they're not and they should be punished just like us in fact they should be punished even more harshly

• Master
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

true im sick of famous people getting better standings then us why? are they more important? they're not and they should be punished just like us in fact they should be punished even more harshly

Watched half an hour today again and again she talked about her blocking several killers on MLGA.
    She even has a command in chat that gives a link how to download and how to install MLGA, excuse me?

But maybe MLGA is actually allowed again, I dont know, I mean she is an officially supported streamer? I should ask the support actually for clarification.....

• friendlykillermain

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

Watched half an hour today again and again she talked about her blocking several killers on MLGA.
    She even has a command in chat that gives a link how to download and how to install MLGA, excuse me?

But maybe MLGA is actually allowed again, I dont know, I mean she is an officially supported streamer? I should ask the support actually for clarification.....

still supported streamers shouldn't be able to get away with this its not fair to other players

• Master

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

still supported streamers shouldn't be able to get away with this its not fair to other players

If she gets away with it, I assume everyone gets away with it.
    But since its an official streamer showcasing this kind of behaviour, others will believe its acceptable

• friendlykillermain

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Blueberry said:

If she gets away with it, I assume everyone gets away with it.
    But since its an official streamer showcasing this kind of behaviour, others will believe its acceptable

and thats where the cycle repeats and thats were the root lies something needs to be done