Rank 1 Killer Tier List

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

This is from the mindset of a Rank 1 Killer and Survivor player about which Killers will do the best against a coordinated SWF in Voice Chat.

S and A will be competitive with high win potential.

B will be inconsistent.

C and D will almost never win.

Comments

• gatsby
    edited March 2021

Twins have more slugging potential than Blight.

Freddy is average in chase, but his map control and slowdown make up for it. He's also just really consistent, non-buggy and has zero map dependency.

Legion is the very bottom of B tier. Borderline C. Their map pressure and tracking ability allow more map control and easier tunneling than other killers. The odds a Legion kills the first Survivor before they hook everyone is actually pretty damn high with the information they can have.

Also, you totally get Oni. His power is basically the Survivor version of Corrupt Intervention if they play mega safe early game.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Interesting.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Really? The Twins are that high? I’d honestly love to hear your explanation.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Finally a tier list where the twins don't get shafted. Personally I'd put Wraith and Oni higher and PH lower

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

One lower than doc.😭😭😭

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Blight and Twins are more efficient than freddy but alr.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

You are right but Freddy is stronger than Blight. Freddy have so much abilities. Dream pallets, snares, teleporting, dream world, good hitbox.

• gatsby

They're all close to each other. I could have easily put them all in S or all in A.

Blight is just always gonna have that buggy factor on some map geometry.

Twins has some bugs with Victor occasionally.

Freddy is pretty much bug free and consistent. That's why I put him above them even if he's a more boring choice.

• zacattak48
    zacattak48 Member Posts: 100

I disagree with wraith and ghostface being so low. If you run the right kind of build you can keep everyone injured , then while theyre healing pick them off with nurses and no terror radius. And doctor is definitely underated, he has incredible tracking and one of the best anti loops in the game. Pair that with discordance or bbq you will always be able to find someone.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,381

Wraith with his buff on ptb should put him higher since he'll have much better map control and can't be seen cloaked until within 20m.

But Ghostface really can't pull off the hit and run strat consistently. Maps like Blood Lodge that are just wide open with little LoS blockers make it impossible for him to catch good survivors off guard. Large maps like Mother's Dwelling he'll struggle to pressure the map as he has no mobility. Ghostface can pull off Hit and Run tactics well on maps like Hawkins due to the small size and ton of LoS blocker.

Ghostface's biggest strength is honestly his stalk ability as being able to instant down survivors is a quick way to build pressure. It's still map dependent as some maps are just really hard to stalk survivors so Ghostface is perfect as a high C/low B as it comes down to map rng.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

How is a killer who gets rolled over by a couple unbreakables and voice comms high tier?

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,497

I get that it's personal opinion, but to put Oni in the "will almost never win" tier is just a facepalm moment

• zacattak48

What about doctor? Also hag is only good when its not a team. All you need one person with object to constantly follow, point out your traps with comms, and set them off where you can't get a hit from teleporting.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,381

I don't think Ghostface and Wraith need to switch. Wraith will be less map dependent than Ghostface, but still has to deal with uncloaking. Ghostface can immediately attack out of shroud and can expose survivors, but is dependent on getting a good map. At best, Wraith might end up overall better than Ghostface due to the lack of map dependency. But I can't see Ghostface going lower than C tier due to the fact he can expose survivors.

Doctor is fine where he is. Doctor can stop pallet drops and vaults, but since it is delayed survivors can still get the pallet throw or vault before getting shocked. He does have the extra benefit of T3 madness stopping all actions, but that is only a 12 second delay.

I'm not a Hag player myself, but I don't see how that is a huge enough issue that would put her lower than A tier. At worst someone is not doing gens to go around and set off your traps.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

Freddy is a pub stomper. No way can he compete with a 4man death squad

• zacattak48

If someone harrases you as hag you esseintially have no traps. Chasing a survivor as hag is one of the worst things you can do. And you just aren't timing your shocks with doctor right. And the majority of loops he shuts them down. One of those being the shack.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    edited March 2021

Well then my Wraith is clearly god tier...

Sweat the game out, just a little bit

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Assuming both sides are being fairly competent and using every trick in the book.. For example, Twins when played like a scumbag is pretty good, but playing normally makes her bad.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

If you put Freddy in S against coordinated teams but put Oni on C... My god...

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Freddy is kinda capable of facing SWF due to his inherent slowdown and anti loop aswell as his BT counter. Also has blindness to counter OoO if you suspect it

Oni is and M1 killer for most the match

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

*slams desk*

Demogorgon in D?

You and I need to talk, alone.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2021

If clown is C tier then I must be some god, because I won all of my games against deathsquads using him yesterday like I always usually win with him. I lose about 1/100 games using the guy, so I have no idea. I guess nobody will truly fully understand until they put hundreds of hours into him to see how strong he actually is if done right.

• GodLikeTerror

Problem with freddy against swf is that you can hold shift w and just automatically win the match. He has no way of catching up to everyone if everyone just runs when they see him. I had a solo squad the other day do that to a freddy, and he literally only got 1 hook the entire game, because we all just ran before he even got remotely close. He wasn't a bad freddy either.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

Legion above Oni and Ghostie? Twin in A-tier? Doc and Billy in B-tier? ONI IN C-TIER???

HUH?

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

You really just put Deathslinger (no brain) over Huntress (does have a skill ceiling)?

• thefallenloser

You weren't facing deathsquads. It is basically impossible to win against an actual deathsqaud as Clown. There is a huge difference between "pretty good" and a deathsquad.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360
    edited March 2021

imagine thinking chrome dome (pyramid head) is better than demo,

also legion/plague is literally terrible for me. higher than oni? interesting i guess.

• GodLikeTerror

You sure about that? I don't know how you're going to tell me what I faced and not faced. It's not impossible to win against a deathsquad as clown as long as you know what you are doing. I'm sorry people haven't put 1k hours into the guy like I have and some others have, but alright. I faced pretty good swf's prior to MMR, and yesterday all I got were 4 rank 1's with full loadouts all meta, and 3 gens popping even with corrupt up. Knew what they were doing, and yes they were deathsquads, because I rarely ever faced them before MMR came out.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

You can use your teleport potentially but it’s inconsistent

• GodLikeTerror

Yea he tried that, but it just didn't work on us. That's the problem with freddy. He isn't as bad as people make it seem to face him. Sure if you get greddy he can wipe the floor, but if people play it safe. He literally has zero chase potential if everyone just holds shift w. He becomes trapper until he catches up even then gens are going to pop soon after.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I disagree with Freddy over Hag personally

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Would be neat if you uploaded a match so people can see for themselves.

• thefallenloser

That's being coordinated. Deathsquads are all Dead Hard/Sprint Burst/Lithe, Object, DS, Unbreakable, Borrowed, Prove Thyself, running early to every loop, gens as far as possible, never healing unless needed in the moment, running as far away from any gen currently being worked on, always split up, telling teammates when the killer is leaving, letting a teammate die to finish a last gen. Tournament-level survivors.

I severely doubt you've faced multiple different groups like this as Clown in one day, as they are extremely rare. This is like playing Clown against 4 sweating Ayruns, you're just not gonna win.

• GodLikeTerror

I didn't record any matches yesterday. I was too busy sweating winning, because all I kept getting was tryhards, but if I get any matches today I suspect are deathsquads I will record them. Although not sure if MMR got turned off again, and I'm going to get potato's or not, but I will see.

• GodLikeTerror
    edited March 2021

Yep, like I said that's what I faced yesterday. Only reason I won every match was because I slugged them. I don't know, but I know MMR was working for me yesterday. I literally had to 1 hook everyone in order to win, and I don't like doing that. IF MMR was working as attended, then it would make sense that I got those kind of groups, because like I said I lose about 1/100 games using clown, and yes Object was frequent. They would run by the time I got around to them, but I tried pushing gens closer to an area I would stand a chance, because the first few gens every single match would go with corrupt up still. I had to put on surge in order to even remotely compete. I kept rolling with STBFL with 8 stacks and tried my best to save the obsession for last. Which prior to MMR I didn't run anything but corrupt for gen defense. If that doesn't tell you that I was going against some insane squads then I don't know what will.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Finally someone doesn't Overrated oni in the top 5, he's nowhere near there when he spends half the match as an M1 against good survivors.

Legion and freddy are a bit too high tbh, some other odd placements as well. Other than that I like this list.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Freddy is hard countered by what SWF do best, spread in the map e rush the ######### out of gens, even I as solo have a high escape rate against him (when I want to tryhard, most of the games I just go "huh... Gues we're having a 100 min game here")... Oni can be countered by playing safe, yes, but if he got his 1st hit early he'll snowball, especially If we're considering add-ons.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

I really disagree with a lot in your post. This would be my Tierlist.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Focus on the tiers, not the horizontal placement - I didn't put any thought into that

S tier = Actually OP

High = Has a chance against the sweat teams either in ability or snowball potential

Mid = Whole variety of killers here. I probably should have split it high-mid and low-mid, but mid is basically killers who are good for your normal games, pretty balanced, but will fall apart against a solid SWF or survivors who know how to exploit their weaknesses well.

Low = An uphill struggle. Even your regular games may be sweaty if the survivors stick to the gens.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

dude if a teams knows that all they need to do against twins is use lockers twins would be the worst killer in the game as she is only good because of her snowball sprees which are entirely negated by lockers.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Dude if clown could beat them reliably then so can SO MANY OTHER KILLERS that are better than clown.

They are called deathsquads for a reason since you're not beating them without playing a top tier killer, btw 2k hours majority of it as killer.

Like if you did beat a deathsquad it was entirely luck since clown is a 1v1 killer and they just gen rush you by having at least one on a gen constantly most of the time at least 2 and you're not out pressuring that.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Billy above Bubba? No. Bubba is much more quicker in forcing droping pallets than Billy and more than half of the maps Billy can't travel that much

• GodLikeTerror
    edited March 2021

What counts as a top tier killer though? If you have a lot of hours on a killer and you have mastered them, then that killer can be top tier for you, because that's just how it works. Would I have beaten them with trapper or wraith or legion for that matter? Nope, because it would've literally been actually impossible, because they have zero chase potential. Clown has major chase potential, and I had gotten lucky with some good map rng. If I had gotten worse map rng a few times I'm absolutely positive I would've lost. It's called slugging though. I said I slugged all 4 of them in the long run, and I was able to have surge pop off most of the time, because I would push them near the last 3 gens I had, because it would literally be down to 1 gen after about 3 minutes in the game. I was able to hold pressure, because I got stacks of STBFL going. Clown is a 1v1 killer, but what other killer can pressure more than 1 survivor at once? Your context makes absolutely no sense. I pressured them by trying to chase them around the gens. Slug next target slug next target slug next target and keep going. I'm not a bad killer who can't end chases quickly. My average chase was incredibly quick, because it's incredibly difficult to loop a good clown, and I started making that area around me dead zoned. IF I did go for a chase somewhere else I wouldn't fully commit to it, unless I know I could press them towards the gens quick enough so I could keep an eye on the gens, and have surge pop off. They would try and run far away from the gens, but if I knew I wasn't able to down them in at least 20 seconds I did not commit to it. I made sure I kept pressure up towards the end. Lets say if I got the game map or lery's or somewhere else for that matter. Would I have beaten them? Nope I sure wouldn't be able to. I got some of the better killer maps. Just because you have 2k hours does not automatically mean you're good at the game. If you split that time, and you play different killers. Chances are you have not mastered a certain killer. Now I don't know how much time you have on this killer x or this killer, but I have 1700 hours, and 1k+ of that is on clown alone, so I think at that point I have mastered him considering I know how to throw every tile, and what do to and what not to do, that's how I was able to beat them, because I have mastered him.

• GodLikeTerror

Sorry my comment above was meant to be for you. If you wish to read it and respond you can. Apparently the quote button was broken for me.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

Billies map pressure is 10x better than Bubbas. A good Billy can still compete against high skilled SWF groups and on LT walls Bubbas chainsaw is not really powerful. Billy has the same strenghs as Bubba but is just way harder to play. Everything you do with Bubba you can do with Billy. Sure he got nerfed quite hard but if you're able to play him, he is still a top tier killer.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Bubba in LT can just vaule banboozo the window and start his saw anywhere while Billy has to start his saw in the right distance and position, how could Billy work better than Bubba in LT?

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

billy is really good, assuming you know how to play him correctly. he has a built in instadown and extreme map pressure due to his chainsaw speed. whenever i face a red rank billy, my solo queue team gets clobbered with 4 generators remaining

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

billy is really good, assuming you know how to play him correctly. he has a built in instadown and extreme map pressure due to his chainsaw speed. whenever i face a red rank billy, my solo queue team gets clobbered with 4 generators remaining