The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

List of (Reasonable) Potential Killers

Hannibal Lecter
The Creeper ( Jeepers Creepers)
Norman Bates
Candyman
Pinhead
Chatterer
Pyramid Head
Annie Wilkes ( Misery) - Haha... No, seriously, this chic freaked me out.
Iris - 30 days of night
Old Woman - The Devil
Pumpkinhead
Jason
Pale Man / Fauna
Kurt Barlow/Vampires
Otis B Driftwood
Hal 9000 ( Computer controlled killer)
The Thing
Regan McNeil/Possessed character
Chuckie
Ghostface
The Craft/ Witches or Wiccan powered
Margerite White - Carrie

Honorable mention for survivors. Ash from Army of Darkness please :)

Link to Wikipedia with other not-as-popular selections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_film_villains

Comments

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

Pinhead would be really great... summon objects to block survivors or trip them up, and have hooks come out of the ground and split them apart as a mori.

Hannibal is another one I'd really like to see. The mori would be making the survivors eat their brains, bajahahah

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Forgot about Krampus or Jack the Ripper.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Ginosaji. 

The leprechaun.

The monsters from The Feast. Would have a pretty killer level, too.

The Angry Princess 

Old Gregg! Would have a pretty killer level, and could be the first killer/survivor terror because he has one of the most killer feared pieces of equipment as his natural anatomy. 

• TheRisingSun
    TheRisingSun Member Posts: 1
    @homeslice i like your list but id really like to see a Ghostface would work really well he could be modelled after billy and stu. Where you could like camouflage as another survivor on the map and then get out of line of sight and appear as the killer? Or maybe have a killer marker on the ground like the hag has and be able to swap between mulitple spots on the map. Idk i have a ton of great ideas for that one though haha
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

can't do jeepers creepers cause the creator is a criminal or something like that.

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

My vote would go to Candyman.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I still want Godzilla or King Kong.

• thrashed2pieces
    thrashed2pieces Member Posts: 57
    Homeslice said:

Hannibal Lecter
    Norman Bates
    Candyman
    Pinhead
    Chatterer
    Pyramid Head
    Iris - 30 days of night
    Old Woman - The Devil
    Pumpkinhead
    Jason
    Pale Man / Fauna
    Kurt Barlow/Vampires
    Otis B Driftwood
    The Thing
    Chuckie
    Ghostface
    Margerite White - Carrie

Jason would be highly unlikely, he has a game and it’s basically DBD’s (albeit outgunned) competition in the killer game arena. I think Chucky would be a NIGHTMARE in a good way, lots of possibilities. Pyramid Head would also likely be out unless they got a license from Konami, but more importantly I think him and Pumpkinhead are just too damn big. Candyman could be cool as well. I don’t imagine, from a strictly lore perspective, that Pinhead or one of the xenobytes would play this game as I consider them almost Entity level demonic presence... besides, the Lament Configuration is kind of its own game, like a spider web that people fall into. The others have too many issues or they just wouldn’t contribute that movie killer vibe imo, but that’s just me.
  • Zypher84
    Zypher84 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2018

i had most of them on my list a week or so back, some even got surivors

Pumpkinhead - Survivor: Ed Harley
    Pinhead
    Ghostface - Survivor: Sidney Prescott
    Chucky
    Pennywise
    Hannibal Lecter - Survivor: Clarice Starling
    Jason Vorhees - Survivor: Tommy Jarvis. Mori: put victim in a sleeping bad and swing him/her in wall's, Three's and the ground. :D would be awesome

Creepers Jeepers -
    Candyman
    Radford (Midnight Movie) - Survivor: Timmy
    Fauno / Pale Man (Pan¨s Labyrinth)
    Samara Morgan (The Ring)
    Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
    Chatterer (Hellraiser)
    Iris (30 days of nights)
    Mr Boogie

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I personally want to see Chuckie most. I think he could work in doll form in the game and it would be a lot of fun for both sides.

• Blueberry

The Boogieman

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I just want a hooded grim reaper type killer... with a long handled scythe "siighs"
  • thrashed2pieces

I personally want to see Chuckie most. I think he could work in doll form in the game and it would be a lot of fun for both sides.

Right?! Imagine him moving like 130% speed and a smaller terror radius 😦
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    I could see pyramidhead in the game as a killer... Would be fun to play against as well
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Pretty much what isn't in the game already. An alien killer, an undead killer, a vampire killer, a mythical killer and a fairy tale killer.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

The crooked Man

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I'd love to see Pinhead come to Dead by Daylight.

• PoopsliceMOFO
    PoopsliceMOFO Member Posts: 1
    What about Art the Clown from All Hallows Eve and Terrifier? He/it is creepy as they come.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    How about the real urban legend Purple Aki?

• Homeslice
    Homeslice Member Posts: 36

@thrashed2pieces said:
    Homeslice said:

Hannibal Lecter

Norman Bates

Candyman

Pinhead

Chatterer

Pyramid Head

Iris - 30 days of night

Old Woman - The Devil

Pumpkinhead

Jason

Pale Man / Fauna

Kurt Barlow/Vampires

Otis B Driftwood

The Thing

Chuckie

Ghostface

Margerite White - Carrie

Jason would be highly unlikely, he has a game and it’s basically DBD’s (albeit outgunned) competition in the killer game arena. I think Chucky would be a NIGHTMARE in a good way, lots of possibilities. Pyramid Head would also likely be out unless they got a license from Konami, but more importantly I think him and Pumpkinhead are just too damn big. Candyman could be cool as well. I don’t imagine, from a strictly lore perspective, that Pinhead or one of the xenobytes would play this game as I consider them almost Entity level demonic presence... besides, the Lament Configuration is kind of its own game, like a spider web that people fall into. The others have too many issues or they just wouldn’t contribute that movie killer vibe imo, but that’s just me.

I see some of these points. I think out of all of the ones listed.. The creeper would fit the best.

• Arsoul
    Arsoul Member Posts: 320

Ryuk (Death Note)

• Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

Hell. Lets just make a power ranger killer. Ill dc to that shiz all day long lol

• LifeInsanity
    LifeInsanity Member Posts: 2
    Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

What about a killer that used cabinets? Potentially popping out and grabbing people. Kind of like a Boogeyman situation?
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Wishmaster or Slenderman would be cool

• ArkLovecraft
    ArkLovecraft Member Posts: 6

Hannibal Lecter would be great, but my vote goes for the Mads Mikkelsen version: a gentleman in a fancy suit running after you with a kitchen knife.

...and a cool alternate costume would be the wendigo (the dark horned man who sees Will Graham in his visions).

Both of them are better for me than the Anthony Hopkins version: a respectable man dressed like a prisoner with an anti-bite half-mask.

• thrashed2pieces
    Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

What about a killer that used cabinets? Potentially popping out and grabbing people. Kind of like a Boogeyman situation?
    I do think a Killer that could utilize the lockers to spy on people and pop out would be awesome 😎 
  • Homeslice

@thrashed2pieces said:
    LifeInsanity said:

Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

I do think a Killer that could utilize the lockers to spy on people and pop out would be awesome 😎 

But once you know which killer it is those cabinets would become pointless no? :)

• thrashed2pieces
    Homeslice said:

@thrashed2pieces said:
    LifeInsanity said:

Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

But once you know which killer it is those cabinets would become pointless no? :)

I don’t think so, some generators are in rooms literally filled with them... I would find that kind of nerve wracking. I’m not talking gingerly sneaking out of the locker like a Survivor either, I’m talking quick and explosive. Imagine you’re nearby and the heartbeat goes away and you misinterpret that as the Killer moving away but actually the locker gives him innate Insidious type stealth, you go to work on that gen all of a sudden BOOM he’s on top of you. I also imagine the unlucky Survivor that chooses your locker to hide in gets an instant interrupt, same as finding someone in reverse. I don’t think it would work as the only ability, round it out with a minor ability for when you’re on the move, but you get the idea.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Don't forget!

-Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
    -Tribe Leader (The Green Inferno)
    -Dr. Satan or Earl (House of 1000 Corpses)
    -Otis B. Driftwood (HO1C/Devil's Rejects)
    -Victor Crowley (Hatchet)
    -Bughuul (Sinister)
    -Any one of the Cult from Hot Fuzz
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I still think that The Tank from the Left 4 Dead series could be made possible.
    Now i know the devs don't want regular zombies in their game, but not a single person in L4D is actually a zombie.
    Instead, they're all infected.
    Yup, there's a difference.

I figure that The Tank would be able to break thrown-down pallets with a melee attack rather than the regular "Break pallet" interaction, allowing him to move on faster.

His Power, unsurprisingly, would be to grab a big rock from the ground...
    (It doesn't have to look pretty, cause trust me, on maps like The Game & Lery's, it's not gonna.)
    ...and throw it at Survivors.
    It would deal double damage, but it renders the Tank immobile during the grabbing and throwing animations.
    Of course, you'd be able to move again after the animation is over, even if the rock hasn't hit anything yet.

• Samayel
    Samayel Member Posts: 33

How about Vincent Sinclair?

• RekinShark
    RekinShark Member Posts: 21
    Here's some ideas I had for licensed movie killers. Left out The Creeper from Jeepers Creeps on purpose.

Pinhead (Hellraiser) - The Demon
    W.Curved Blade
    A. 'The Box' You torment the survivors and enjoy watching them suffer. The ability to leave puzzle boxes on generators, hooks, chests and totems. If a survivor fails a skill check on a puzzle box, they are injured as a result.
    M.Strung up (Torn apart my hooked chains).
    L.Cenobite Realm
    1.'Blood Lust'. Freshly hit survivors leave moderately brighter red scratch mark if they run after being hit. Effect lasts 3 seconds.
    2.'Suffering'. You revel in pain endured by your victims. Close injured survivors auras are revealed to you for 3 seconds with a 8 second cool down for the same survivor. Healing skill check fails result in associated suvivors' auras being revealed for 3 seconds.
    3.'Torture'. You appreciate the pain that the hooks can inflict. Survivors who attempt to sabotage the hooks have their auras revealed for 5 seconds.

Candyman - The Myth
    W.Hook
    A.'Spectre'. Your supernatural powers allow you to appear next to a survivor who has been caught by your chilling gaze. Teleport to the opposite side of a survivor after releasing the Haunt charge. Ability has a 30 second cool down. 
    M.Gutted (Hook through back to stomach).
    L.Burning Field Of Bees
    1.'Be My Victim'. You become obsessed with one survivor. Sacrificing your obsession will cause all remaining survivors to have their auras revealed for 10 seconds.
    2.'Feared Fable'. Your infamous folklore terrifies all that know your name. Unsuccessful skill checks on generators result in all connected survivors auras being revealed for 3 seconds.
    3.'Swarm Of Pain'. Totem Perk: One chest is filled with vicious bees. Once opened, the victim is stung resulting in mobility and fixing penalties for 60 seconds. If the Totem is cleansed before the chest is opened, the original contents are restored. 

Ghostface (Scream) - The Slasher
    W.Kitchen Knife
    A.'Stealth Dash'. Run at high speed in total silence. No Charge. Lasts for three seconds with a 10 second cool down. 
    M.Slasher Attack (Multiple Stab Wounds).
    L.High School
    1.'Terrified Of The End'. Injured survivors are terrified of you. Their moans of pain are moderately increased.
    2.'Scary Movie' Every time a survivor is killed the remaining survivors become unnerved and receive a moderate 45 second skill challenge increase penalty. 
    3.'Killer Instinct'. Freshly hit survivors auras are revealed to you for 3 seconds.

Alien - The Alien
    W.Claw
    A.'Facehugger Egg'. Place an egg which when disturbed unleashes a Facehugger that attempts to attach to the survivor. The victim's aura is revealed for 3 seconds.
    M.Kiss Of Death (Tongue Head Smash).
    L.Mining Colony Planet
    1.'Burns Unit'. Every time you get hit by a falling pallet, it becomes stained by your acid blood. Whenever a survivor vaults the pallet they get temporary speed and ability penalties.
    2.'Valuable Cargo'. Your obsession has been unknowingly impregnated with an Alien. Don't hook your obsession. If your obsession is the last remaining survivor, they can then be grounded and a chest burster is born.
    3.'Window Licker'. Drool drips from your mouth as you pass through windows, leaving acidic effects for 8 seconds. The next survivor who vaults the window will scream, revealing their aura for 3 seconds.

Matt Cordell (Maniac Cop) - The Cop
    W.Bladed nightstick
    A.'Remain Silent'. Move silently. Stops when weapon is drawn.
    M.Beaten To Death (Nightstick Beatdown).
    L.Police Headquarters.
    P1.'Police Brutality'. Your powerful strikes cause massive damage to survivors. Hit a survivor for a third time and they receive moderate self-healing penalties. 
    P2.'Hard Justice'. A sense of urgency is needed as crime rises. Every time a generator is repaired your speed significantly increases for 12 seconds.
    P3.'Death Penalty'. Option to kill your obsession after they have escaped a hook twice.
  • RainyAnjel
    RainyAnjel Member Posts: 65

@Arsoul said:
    Ryuk (Death Note)

YES omg I would love playing as him or against him

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    I think the Tall Man from Phantasam would be awesome.  The spheres would make for an interesting mechanic and mori
  • Homeslice

I agree with tall man

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

@Blueberry
    That's Micheal Myers. In the movies he's referred to as the boogieman. 
    And his in-game name was going to be The Boogieman before being changed to The Shape
  • Blueberry

@MasonHugsCats said:
    Blueberry said:

The Boogieman

@Blueberry
    That's Micheal Myers. In the movies he's referred to as the boogieman. 
    And his in-game name was going to be The Boogieman before being changed to The Shape

He's not even remotely close to what I think most people including myself typically think of when we say Boogieman.

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    @Blueberry the boogieman is just an idea of something horrific hiding in your closet or under your bed. There's no way they'd actually add something like that to the game that's why the original idea for Micheal Myers name was changed, and the only reason it was an idea is because that's how he's referenced by from some characters.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    I think the Tall Man from Phantasam would be awesome.  The spheres would make for an interesting mechanic and mori
    I can imagine people startled when they're doing a gen, then suddenly hear "Boooooooyyyyyy!"

I'm still too freaked out to watch another phantasm movie.
  • NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    The Cybermen-

Idk just my first thought
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

@Homeslice said:
    Hannibal Lecter
    Norman Bates
    Candyman
    Pinhead
    Chatterer
    Pyramid Head
    Iris - 30 days of night
    Old Woman - The Devil
    Pumpkinhead
    Jason
    Pale Man / Fauna
    Kurt Barlow/Vampires
    Otis B Driftwood
    The Thing
    Chuckie
    Ghostface
    Margerite White - Carrie

Nice list of characters, to be honest when didn't get a left 4 dead killer with survivor was kinda sad. Now don't want them to be horror asymetrical that gets videogame horror icons. Rather have another add it into there universe like last year the nightmare. As for ash evil ash could make a good killer or one from the series cause they kinda would fit well. Hal 9000 be like a killer hard to add with weaponry plus he is taken out by stairs xD There is a couple maps that would defeat him among with any basement. But either than that think all possible and hope my favourite candyman is brought in before the jordan peele movie.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Xenomorph from Alien would be interesting, and Ripley would make a great survivor. Besides that possibly the Demogorgon from Stranger Things and one of the teens as the survivor. I'm not sure of the logistics of it but having it function almost like a mix of Spirit and Wraith could be interesting. You travel around the Upside Down completely unseen and unable to see survivors, albeit you can hear things and see scratch marks. You can then create an opening between worlds and enter the realm with survivors to get a jump on them but you can only get back into the upsidedown through the opening you made. 
  • yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Maybe The Nun?

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    He's not horror but I think Darth Vader could work.
  • Jake5926
    Jake5926 Member Posts: 17
    yes said:

Maybe The Nun?

That would be amazing