The Legion...

Hi, I'm a survivor main. I have an opinion and question...

First off, I'd like to state the obvious... The Legion has so much advantage, already, from Frenzy aura reading, as their power. Then they have aura reading from their perks, on top of this. They also have many many aura reading perks, from other killers, to choose from, including Bbq and Nurses. Please please realize how much aura power they have.

So, here is my question...

Is there a way that you can please get rid of the Frenzy aura reading for lockers? This is way too unfair, since lockers are supposed to be used to hide a survivor. Lockers work for hiding Bbq aura reading, so why does it not hide Frenzy aura as well? Aura reading is the same either way, so I really don't understand this. The Legion also has advantage with Iron Maiden, for lockers.

I needed to say this and to ask this. I realize nothing will be done, but I find this so unfair that I can't just say nothing anymore.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

With regards to your last line, of course you are free to say how you feel with regards to something in game (within the forum rules) but of course this is a public discussion forum, so people will disagree.

For example, with Legion's power being non lethal I think they'd be incredibly nerfed by having their frenzy not work against lockers. As their power is not an "aura reveal" but killer instinct, so they don't see the aura's of the survivors anyway it makes sense that they have killer instinct on survivors even in lockers.

• gamer1
    gamer1 Member Posts: 20

Okay, I get that... but this is why I feel this is not right, because this is what happened...

I got into a locker, when someone got downed, so I could avoid BBQ, so I could then get out and rescue the person off hook. I was waiting the 4 seconds, didn't even have a chance to exit the locker, because they frenzied and hit someone else and then frenzied straight to my locker, and pulled me out right as I was getting out. How is that fair?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited March 2021

To be honest, in that situation the Math says that you either waited too long in the Locker or never needed to be in there in the first place.

BBQ has a minimum range of 40 meters. During BBQ's 4 second aura reading and we'll guess 1.5 second slow exit locker animation, Legion can move 28.6 meters in Frenzy. 40m is significantly longer than 28.6m. Either you were well within BBQ's minimum range and could have instantly left the locker after the hook or Legion could absolutely not have made it to you before you had a chance to leave.

This math even ignores the fact that Legion stabbed someone else, and that most maps have obstacles that prevent people from running from point A to point B in a straight line.

Edit: Also, did your Teammate get Frenzied like... right next to your locker or something? I'm pretty sure a rushed locker exit takes about the same as a fast vault... so 0.9s. Just a general rule of thumb against the Legion... if you can hear their TR and you see someone get Deep Wounds... that means it is time to run as far and fast as possible and it doesn't matter how much noise you make doing it cause they can see you anyway.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Honestly this would hurt him to much because compared to other killers legion is really weak.

He can do well at injuring but struggles downing survivors. Maybe trying a few matches as him would help you understand him more and probably start thinking if anything he needs more of a buff than a nerf.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

then the fact that he hooked someone, then frenzied hit someone and then pulled you out of a locker definitely shows you were in a locker for way too long.

Also, he can't see the killer instinct all across the map, he can only see what's in his terror radius so you know if he's gone into frenzy and you're in the terror radius, to get out of the locker.

I do really suggest playing as a killer to fully understand how to play against them.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

You will always know when Legion uses frenzy just dont hide in lockers if hear the heartbeat, in order to down someone Legion has to get out of Frenzy wich takes time, you're asking a weak killer to be nerfed.

• gamer1
    gamer1 Member Posts: 20

I totally get what you all are saying. I must have been in the locker for maybe 2 seconds longer than I should have. My bad... I Have played as Legion, and I do know how he works, but I have also gone up against Legion killers that are just plain toxic... they frenzy and stop frenzy and then continue to follow you and down you right there, without using their frenzy properly. So yes, it is definitely possible for Legion to be cheap. I am not a cheap Legion, when I play him. But I will take all this feedback into consideration. Thank you all :)

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

There's nothing cheap about that. You Frenzy, get your free hit, and then chase normally if no one is around to chain or if you believe you can down the survivor in a timely manner. If the person is already injured, well, DW makes the screen darker and makes it so they can't sit still, so it's still advantageous.