Doctor Shocks, were they nerfed?

Lately i've noticed that the doctors shock treatment isn't quite as reliable as it used to be.

It seems like if the survivor starts the animation before the shock hits, they get to continue it.

ie: Shocked as they are vaulting, and they continue to vault ( Vid here, it happens at a pallet but it happens with windows ect) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhaXnG3rtzU

Or when they go for an unhook. If you hit them before they start the animation, it prevents it, but if they start it, they get to finish.

Was this intended?

Comments

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Well, I think it's fair enough that they get to finish the action as if you start to drop a pallet it makes sense it'd continue to fall from gravity, or if you're rushing through a window or over a pallet it makes sense that the moment would carry you through anyhow. I've been using it as a preventative, gotta hit them before they do it and capitalize on it then.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@Aerys said:
    Well, I think it's fair enough that they get to finish the action as if you start to drop a pallet it makes sense it'd continue to fall from gravity, or if you're rushing through a window or over a pallet it makes sense that the moment would carry you through anyhow. I've been using it as a preventative, gotta hit them before they do it and capitalize on it then.

It's meant as a preventative. but it used to be a bit more reliable it felt like.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

Played him multiple times he seems the same to me.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

You're supposed to shock BEFORE.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SmokePotion said:
    Lately i've noticed that the doctors shock treatment isn't quite as reliable as it used to be.

It seems like if the survivor starts the animation before the shock hits, they get to continue it.

ie: Shocked as they are vaulting, and they continue to vault ( Vid here, it happens at a pallet but it happens with windows ect) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhaXnG3rtzU

Or when they go for an unhook. If you hit them before they start the animation, it prevents it, but if they start it, they get to finish.

Was this intended?

I have noticed this too. A few months ago you were able to shock the survivor during the vault animation and he was basically teleported back to the side where he started from. If you do the same now, the survivor will finish the animation.

just another one of these shadow nerfs that were never mentioned in the patch notes :wink:

• SmokePotion

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Was this intended?

I have noticed this too. A few months ago you were able to shock the survivor during the vault animation and he was basically teleported back to the side where he started from. If you do the same now, the survivor will finish the animation.

just another one of these shadow nerfs that were never mentioned in the patch notes :wink:

SO i'm not crazy! Thank you for confirming!

I wish they wouldn't shadow nerf. if it was a bug, just tell us.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2018

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Was this intended?

Don't shadow nerf. Do you know whom you are asking such action from?

• Aerys

Even if they did change it the change makes sense, and unless you read every single patch note to make sure they didn't fix it as a bug I wouldn't say it was a "shadow nerf" or anything. Even if it was a "shadow bug fix" it'd be fine, but transparency is always good I agree.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ye thats dumb.
    the thing with the windows and pallets is, that they start te animation and the shock will not prevent them from complating it, it will only prevent them from starting it. at windows this looks especially odd, as thec animation already starts like 2 meters away from the window, so they will simply jump over... :/

• Aerys

Again, it's meant as a preventative not a hard stun or something.

• SmokePotion

@Aerys said:
    Even if they did change it the change makes sense, and unless you read every single patch note to make sure they didn't fix it as a bug I wouldn't say it was a "shadow nerf" or anything. Even if it was a "shadow bug fix" it'd be fine, but transparency is always good I agree.

Some of us do read all the patch notes for the games we play. It's good to know how your favorite people in the game are changed, as it can require you to change your gameplay slightly (ie: I have to shock earlier now, and there are times i now know I cant count on the stun, that is a gameplay change)

• Aerys

@SmokePotion
    I read the patch notes for the games I play as well, I've only been playing DbD for a month or so and thus I haven't caught whether it was or wasn't changed, all I know is that logically it doesn't make sense for the Doctor's Shock Therapy to cause someone to warp back to their original spot if they got shocked during the animation, physics don't work like that and they'd simply crash to the ground on the other side of a window or the pallet would still drop due to gravity. The actions would be completed though and so using Shock Therapy as a preventative, that is using it on them before they've started the action thus preventing them from making it, then switching to Punishment mode and hitting them.

I've already done this a few times in my limited experience playing the Doctor and it's pretty fun to do, but I wouldn't advocate teleporting a player backward mid action just because they got hit by a pacification/silence ability (that is to say it isn't a stun, they can still move while getting shocked, it only inhibits actions from being made).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@SmokePotion said:

Was this intended?

@Aerys said:

Sure it makes sense, but that doesnt change the fact that is a nerf to an already weak killer

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    That would be a bug fix. Nerf is for making something the person is SUPPOSED to have worse. The doctor isnt supposed to be able to shock you backwards from a vault.