stridor spirit, nurse, stridor spirit, nurse, stridor spirit...

This MMR is seriously the most painful form of matchmaking I have played in a long time. Stridor spirit is literally THE most cheesy thing to go against, when that is literally all you play this game becomes the most unfun game I can imagine.

Comments

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

If people can play killers like Wraith and Trapper at top level no one has an excuse

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

SBM has been turned off.

I guess you're unlucky because I have seen one or two Spirits and Nurses the past week. I did get Twins twice in a row yesterday tho which was odd.

• Chchchcheryl

Survivor bias? Idk who you are but I almost exclusively play killer. Yeah not the top 1% sure but how many people are the top 1%? Oh yeah only the top 1%

Stop acting like your smart cuz you watched a couple videos

• Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105

Look I don't mind spirit, its just stridor AND spirit is so cheese it destroys her form of counter and then all you have is RNG, "maybe she wont be on this side of the pallet".

• Chchchcheryl

Yes the game needs balancing but that doesn't mean weaker killers can't operate at a higher level!

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

What do you mean higher level? Because rank 1 goes from potatoes to tourneys. Top 1% you already admitted they couldnt.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Just keep running instead of giving her the chance to mindgame you.

When you run, then either:

• She's standing still (not phasing) and you gained some distance.
    • She's phasing to the other side of the pallet and you gained slightly less distance, depending on the route she takes.

The best case-scenario when you run is that you gain some distance. The worst case-scenario is you gain less distance. Both are positives.

When you engage in the mindgame, you can either vault back or stand still.

If you vault back, then either:

• She was standing still (not phasing) and you get hit.
    • She was phasing and you're in the same situation as before, but on opposite sides of the pallet.

If you stand still, then either:

• She was also standing still and you're stuck in the same situation until one of you makes a move.
    • She was phasing and you get hit.

The best case-scenario when you engage in the mindgame is that you end up in the same situation as when you started. The worst case-scenario is that you get hit. One is neutral at best, the other is negative.

Don't engage, hold Shift+W.

• Incurable_BOFA

I thought they were nerfing ds whats your point? I literally never play swf so I really cant see where you come from with that to be honest

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

But dowsey went against people from his chat who new what perks he was bringing and killer and watched his stream while playing.

• supersonic853

Then you don't really know how the game operates at the high level which is fine. But words of advice,we need either more killers like spirit or nurse not the other way around. Or survivors need some retuning to their objective.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I wouldn't even recommend Stridor on Spirit unless you struggle with Iron Will. It doesn't function like it says, and simultaneously increases audio range against players not using IW. It only works as a specific counter, and hinders her power everywhere else.

It's just one of those perks that you always have to expect to play against. Sort of like A Nurse's Calling and Nurse, or BBQ & Chili and virtually everyone.

• supersonic853

Yes he did. Doesn't mean hed win on neutral ground though as the counterplay to twins is just to have one person hijack victor and turn Charlotte into a m1 killer for 45 seconds. The medkits helped them a bit but they didn't change everything.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Its how it should be though. Survivors should be made to suffer the consequences of their own making.

Keep demanding nerfs.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Can't handle a little challenge hmm? Need to go against the add-on dependent mid-tier killers or else it isn't a fair match?

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

But you have to admit there's a big difference between going up against a killer blind and going up against one when you know who they're playing, what perks and add ons they're using and what the players playstyle is. All while watching their stream at the same time so knowing where they are on the map and when they are coming towards you before even hearing a terror radius.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

"play" and "win" are different things.

I too can play wraith against tournament SWF and get expectedly destroyed, so what?

• Incurable_BOFA

If the game is balanced around what you class as 'high play' which is 4 man SWF who have OoO, ds and unbreakable, a solo survivor like me who just wants his WGLF stacks and some fun chases is gonna have a miserable time all the time. do you honestly think that's gonna work with even more of those kinds of killers?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

There are some clear balance issues, although I'm not sure fixing them is as easy as most people assume. If I had my druthers, there are certain Killers who would be weakened rather than trying to bring all the other Killers up to their level. SWF would be broken into its own Que where the Killer has an additional Perk slot opened up to try to offset the 5th Perk (Comms) when facing them. Finally, there needs to be an adjustment to Generators. I think the natural, regression of a kicked Generator or one not being worked needs to be a faster than it is now. I'm not talking about Ruin fast, but fast enough to make it worthwhile to kick Generators and to buy Killers time. I think that unfinished Generators that are not worked again for say thirty seconds start regressing at half the speed Level-1 Ruin provides.

• supersonic853
    edited March 2021

Which is why the best option is the second one rebalance the survivor objective and times so killers like nurse and spirit can be nerfed and brought more in line with other characters and we can see most of the killers among all ranks.but thatd require to much work probably from bhvr.

• Incurable_BOFA

But spirit can SEE the scratch marks? You want me to Shift+W with a spirit? even if she is trying to mindgame at the pallet her phase is fast enough to catch up with me. One of the main reasons I run iron will is to try and counter spirits, because then I can stop running and try and throw her off. Even then smart spirits can STILL get you by looking for grass movement/footsteps.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Do you know what would happen to the killers that killed you in this scenario? They move up in MMR to play against higher MMR survivors who aren’t just looking for wglf stacks. That’s the beauty of a functional, accurate MMR

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,284

Dowsey did do 200+ 4ks though with Twins. Its just that Twins as he explains have these really bad hard-counter that very hard to outplay as killer which are related to people kidnapping her power for 45 seconds, med-kits/fast healing and lockers. that game was inhouse so they knew they were going against Twins. Pretty sad that Twins can't compete even though it is pretty close. I doubt everyone will get to the highest MMR though.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Survivors' game are unfun and I still get instant lobby as killer and I can't get a lobby as survivor even after I spent all my 1m blood points. If it's unfun why don't u play as killer? Killers' queue time is like 5 seconds. Maybe I should main sprit 2, to destroy u survivors better, make your game more unfun, and maybe after all our killer mains be annoying for a enough period of time, then I won't have to wait forever when I want to play survivor?

Be grateful for someone will play with u guys and stop asking for more when u already have too much.

• Chchchcheryl

Yeah I'm talking like top 30% of players. It gets to a point obviously. Like Trapper is gonna bow out before Bubba in terms of not being viable at a higher level but against good (not god tier, just good to pretty good) players, all killers are viable.

• Chchchcheryl

No I'm using playing against good survivors. Instead of assuming I'm mistaken read the words for what they are.

• Chchchcheryl

Yo you didn't have to write an essay, I know this.

I'm talking like top 30% of players say. Every killer can be viable if they are played very well (I'm not talking flawlessly). Of course some killers aren't as strong as others so they will become unviable sooner as you make the percentage smaller (top 25%, top 20%, etc.). Of course some killers will always be more viable than others but every killer is viable to a high extent

• Chchchcheryl

Yeah no Trapper or Wraith is gonna win against tournament SWF. Not my point, funnily enough...

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

At this point the only killers survivors want nerfed are spirit and nurse since they’re the only two who need them

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Red rank stridor spirit dced today in my solo q after she was clearly losing. You can still win.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

Your point was that some people play on trapper or wraith on high levels of play, wasn't it?

• Investigator
    Investigator Member Posts: 15

My question is to contribute to the discussion of killers more viable for higher tiers: how do we buff low tier killers in consideration of high tier survivors without further hurting your sole queue or low rank survivors?

Like, the only killers we find typically in high ranks is Spirit and Nurse so presumably we would want killers at that level, maybe less as they are quite powerful. But how do we do that without trashing anyone except the high tier survivors? Sounds like someone loses no matter what to me.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Maybe if the devs didnt botch the sounds for killers every second update they touch sound, or made all killers below the top 5 viable, then maybe you wouldnt only see a small selection of killers by players who want to win?

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2021

You can't, because there are many different games being played, and they vary wildly in difficulty and balance. It is based on what sort of survivors you're getting:

• Solo Queue, where teammates are a complete dice roll that you will lose most of the time. This is where the experience is unbearable for survivors.
    • The good SWF that can usually 2+ escape vs very competent killers or 4+ against most killers. Balance here isn't perfect, but is probably at its best.
    • The legendary death squad that will beat every killer in this game that isn't the highest caliber nurse/spirit, and even then. This is where the game completely falls apart for the killer.
  • Investigator
    Investigator Member Posts: 15

So ultimately, to make balancing easier (or even possible) we need to make survivor experiences, SWF or not, the same while also eliminating potential for one of these death squads. What do you believe solo queue would need that may put them on par with SWF?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

All information for free with a quick chat wheel to select call outs. Now they are free to run 4 second chances while also having all aura perks for easy heals and gen coordination.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited March 2021

But you don't UNDERSTAND. Every match is against a competitive sweat squad SWF/Ruin+Undying high tier killer. I NEED my crutch perks or the game isn't fun.

MMR will be the death of this game. Killers and survivors won't be able to actually try fun builds on characters they like anymore unless they want 3 minute matches. Stacked slowdown only on killer and chase lengthening perks only on survivor.

You think its bad now wait until this MMR is added permanently.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2021

I don't know how you could elevate solo queue to be on par with SWF without completely breaking the game for the killers in the middle. Survivors, in spite of their lacking communication (assuming solo) have all the tools they need to win, they just choose not to. Yes, you heard me right, they -choose- not to. They don't run the best perks, they don't do gens efficiently (split up, one on a gen each), they waste time on secondary objectives (chests/totems), they save recklessly, don't bother learning tiles/tile linking, etc. The base mechanics need to be reworked, changed, or expanded upon for both killer and survivor in order to add equal opportunity for outplays on both sides.

I don't want to write an essay on ideas I'd have, but the forum is littered with them, and there's a few diamonds there if you're willing to look.

• Chchchcheryl

Yes but not once did I mention too level SWF tourney teams. I just meant against good players

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited March 2021

You can have 3 god tier survivors and they'll lose because one weak link lets them down. That's the problem with solo queue. 1 survivor deciding they want to plunder and hatch escape over 3 who actually focus their objective WILL lose against a decent killer. 3-4 players together are usually on the same wavelength about their objective to that game.

In the rare case I play SWF nowadays I'm not doing it to win. I'm doing it to actually have fun and not feel frustrated.

• edgardot02
    edgardot02 Member Posts: 149

remove iron will perk and I will stop using stridor spirit.

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited March 2021

Your wish is granted. Iron Will is removed and now every survivor uses a stronger, non passive meta perk in its place. Monkey paw

I like IW. There arent too many viable perks for stealth builds anymore, devs saw to that.