The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Make NOED automatic for all games and scale the number of totems by killer rank

Kaelum
Kaelum Member Posts: 994
edited November 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The devs have always wanted something else for survivors to do, aside from just doing gens, and I think that this would definitely fit the bill. If every game automatically applies the Exposed effect once the last gen is done, it would make the cleansing of all totems a priority. Rank 20-17 killers have 5 totems, 16-13 have 6 totems, 12-9 have 7 totems, 8-5 have 8 totems, and ranks 4-1 have 9 totems. While not perfect, it would definitely slow down the game, as survivors will be required to cleans all the totems if they wish to bypass the Exposed effect

P.S. Not knowing the rank of the killer means that the survivors will just have to hope that they’ve found them all at ranks below 4.

Comments

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I personally don't hate this general idea. But i dunno for sure. :)

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, and to give them even more to do, survivors should have automatic self care, which takes longer than healing someone else.

• Kaelum
    edited November 2018

@blue4zion I think that it covers many of the points that the devs have been wanting to cover. The end game, scalability with ranks, and it would give ranks more of a meaning. The perks that gain power based on totems that are still up, might need to be slightly adjusted, but maybe not. In the SWF groups that I play with, we already cleanse all the totems, so increasing the number of totems based on rank should scale well.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

Then i'm a rank 1, derank to rank 10s or 15s to get better matches, something that allready is a problem with this is just gonna get bigger.

• Kaelum
    @Maxi605 not really. It is going to make it much more difficult for those who are just barely able to rank up, which is part of the intended effect.
  • TiptoeHigher
    TiptoeHigher Member Posts: 14
    This ideia could be a game mod too, but is better only one number of totens, maybe 8, 2 for each survivor.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Sure, as long as they include DS in the base kit as well.