Prove Thyself Buff

Can Prove Thyself receive a buff? It is largely outclassed by Leader, as the mathematics will show a preference to it.

How about when 1 survivor is nearby, you get the max bonus? 3/6/9% for tier 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

Comments

• Vadim239
    Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
    edited November 2018

Even though survivors are genrushing, this perk really needs it. at least a little.

My suggestion:
    1 nearby Survivor grants 1/2/3 % increased speed.
    2 nearby Survivor grant 2/4/6 % increased speed.
    3 nearby Survivor grant 6/9/12 % increased speed.

• Yaboi_Gengarboi
    Yaboi_Gengarboi Member Posts: 32

@Vadim239 said:
    Even though survivors are genrushing, this perk really needs it. at least a little.

My suggestion:
    2 nearby Survivor grant 3/6/9 % increased speed.
    3 nearby Survivor grant 9/12/15 % increased speed.

15% might be too much, and that's only IF there are 3 others. The fact that it needs all other people to work really hurts this perk.

• Vadim239

@Vadim239 said:

My suggestion:
    3 nearby Survivor grant 6/9/12 % increased speed.

I changed it. Yeah. That's too much.

• Vadim239
    edited November 2018

Even this is too much.
    my last suggestion
    3 nearby Survivor grant 4/6/9 % increased speed.

• Yaboi_Gengarboi

@Vadim239 said:
    Even this is too much.
    my last suggestion

Nah, It is still going to be bad. With Leader you give everyone around you that 9% bonus. It is mathematically superior still.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Vadim239 said:
    Even this is too much.
    my last suggestion

This is the current one -_-

I would give it the Leader treatment... Buffs stay for you for 15 seconds

• Vadim239

Right. Yeah. 15 sec. is a great change.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Vadim239 said:
    Right. Yeah. 15 sec. is a great change.

WELL IT IS SOMETHING Ain't it?

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Looking at the perk it doesn't seem as though its final max result is all that bad, but how it's achieved is. Simply put, the maximum result will never be achieved as you're never going to have ALL Survivors in one location, that would be an awful idea and more than likely one will always be getting chased by the Killer. I would propose it simply be changed to;

If another Survivor is within 8 metres gain an 9% increase to repairing, healing, sabotaging, cleansing, opening Exit Gates, and searching Chests. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.

But wait, there's more. This is relatively strong all things considered but is exactly the same as the perk Leader, just that it applys to Dwight himself. however, why should a Perk that only applies this to Dwight himself (or whoever) be the same as one that gives 9% to three other people? The power simply isn't comparable. That's why it oughta be;

If another Survivor is within 2 metres gain a 12% increase to repairing, healing, sabotaging, cleansing, opening Exit Gates, and searching Chests. Additionally, skill checks appear 10% more often and are slightly more difficult. Once out of range, this effect persists for 30 seconds.

This is what would make the perk worth taking. You would need to get very close to another Survivor, if not right on top of them, and it would give only 3% more than leader does and lasting double the time while experiencing slightly harder difficulty in skill checks. You have to actually prove yourself after all.

That said, with how Leader currently works if all four Survivors are on a gen and all of them have leader you can finish a generator in 21s. If they have toolboxes or other perks they can finish it even faster. If anything Leader should be knocked down in power while this should gain the bulk of it.

• Yaboi_Gengarboi

@Aerys said:
    Looking at the perk it doesn't seem as though its final max result is all that bad, but how it's achieved is. Simply put, the maximum result will never be achieved as you're never going to have ALL Survivors in one location, that would be an awful idea and more than likely one will always be getting chased by the Killer. I would propose it simply be changed to;

If another Survivor is within 8 metres gain an 9% increase to repairing, healing, sabotaging, cleansing, opening Exit Gates, and searching Chests. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.

But wait, there's more. This is relatively strong all things considered but is exactly the same as the perk Leader, just that it applys to Dwight himself. however, why should a Perk that only applies this to Dwight himself (or whoever) be the same as one that gives 9% to three other people? The power simply isn't comparable. That's why it oughta be;

If another Survivor is within 2 metres gain a 12% increase to repairing, healing, sabotaging, cleansing, opening Exit Gates, and searching Chests. Additionally, skill checks appear 10% more often and are slightly more difficult. Once out of range, this effect persists for 30 seconds.

This is what would make the perk worth taking. You would need to get very close to another Survivor, if not right on top of them, and it would give only 3% more than leader does and lasting double the time while experiencing slightly harder difficulty in skill checks. You have to actually prove yourself after all.

That said, with how Leader currently works if all four Survivors are on a gen and all of them have leader you can finish a generator in 21s. If they have toolboxes or other perks they can finish it even faster. If anything Leader should be knocked down in power while this should gain the bulk of it.

While I think some of those numbers need toning down, that sounds kind of cool.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Perhaps, but if three people all with leader perks are on a team and together while the fourth person loops the Killer for awhile, all three of those Survivors will have an 18% speed bonus at the moment. That's one reason SWF's are slightly broken at the moment (aside from the massive advantage voice chat gives) as if they choose to organize they can finish a Gen in 26.24 seconds. Below I've included some of the charts so you can understand how powerful it can be;

and that's not including additional bonuses from other perks or items. Simply put, Leader needs a nerf, and if its power is shifted to Prove Thyself while giving the perk a slight negative in the form of slightly more frequent and harder skill checks, I think it will balance out fairly well.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Prove Thyself: is there anyone who still use it?

It may be reworked like this:
    PROVE THYSELF: Place a bet with the Entity: at the end of the trial, if you score the maximum bloodpoints allowed in one or more categories, then you get a 33/67/100% bonus on the total bloodpoints; otherwise, the bloodpoints earned in the best two categories will be spent to placate its wrath.