Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Decisive strike not working

Lunar_Saphhire
Lunar_Saphhire Member Posts: 3
edited March 2022 in Bug Reporting

I’ve seen a handful of reports on this, all from the end 2019 more or less, I’m here in 2021 with no answers so I’m hoping this will get somewhere.

I can use DS perfectly well, however, I have a friend I’ve recommended DS to and it doesn’t work for her.

she will hit the perfect skillcheck and it won’t work for her. In other words, the killer won’t drop her.

simple as that.

anyone have the same problem with a fix ??

we play on console by the way.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,051

There is no current reported bugs with DS and it's not an issue that's currently being reported - if DS wasn't working, there'd be a lot of bug reports about it.

Ask your friend to record their use of DS, as it's pretty inconceivable that it doesn't work for one person only. She might already be in animation when she's trying to use it for example (killer locked in hooking animation), or the perk is not lit (over the timer etc).

Definitely we'd need more information about exactly what is happening and video would definitely be more than helpful here.

• Lasse00338
    Lasse00338 Member Posts: 1

I just had the same issue in a game against doctor. This is the first time my ds just did not work evne though i hit the skillcheck. I have also seen it happen in multiple vidoes on youtube. I can’t remember all of the clips but im pretty sure most of them are against doctor.

• Erasox
    Erasox Member Posts: 231

Then tell me why i can use ds in the hooking animation when you say animation cant be interrupted ? For example you downed really near the hook..he picked up and going in the hooking animation but ds will cancel that ? Make no sense when saying animation cant be interrupted.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Could you maybe record a video? As far as I know there's absolutely no way to cancel the hooking animation once it has begun.

You can use the Win + Alt + R hotkey to record your screen on Windows 10.

• Erasox
    Erasox Member Posts: 231

Its easy to reproduce even without video. the downed surv must near the hook killer picked up and try to hooking the animation begin but the animation will get canceled because of ds. Maybe not a bug maybe intended but its really weird. Its really weird when you pressing as killer the button for hook and you see the animation will begin but not when ds is incoming..the ds cancel any animation

• Devil33Delta
    Devil33Delta Member Posts: 2

I've had it equipped for several matches over the past few days and it only activated one time for me. All other games... NOTHING!

This discussion has been closed.