Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Decisive Strike unfairly nerfed with no counter buffs

Comments

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Sluzzy is actually an established member of the community. Think of them as the Ben Shapiro of the survivor side, except less off-putting and occasionally sensible.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited March 2021

I think that the DS nerf is misguided too, but I support a nerf to DS. Not because it's OP, I just think that most meta perks should get a nerf and most useless perks should get a buff. Believe me, I'd love to run breakout instead of unbreakable, but I can't because every single time I play without unbreakable I get slugging nurses. I'd love to run autodidact instead of BT/DH, but I can't because every single time I play without BT/DH I get face-camping default trappers. I'd love to run smash hit instead of DH, but ... well smash hit actually isn't half bad so I guess that's something.

As for the DS nerf, I think that it should maintain its original functionality. If you want an anti-tunnel perk, make an entirely new concept of a perk instead of breaking off and reattaching DS's limbs to turn it into a mutilated Frankensteinian approximation of an anti-tunnel perk. Believe me, if I'm going to tunnel (which I will), one measly five second stun is not going to make me go away.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

In my last 5 matches no one was using ds. People are using another perks. Ds I trash now, so survs are trying other perks

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Tunneling shouldn't even require a perk to counter. I shouldn't have to use a perk to be allowed to play the game instead of spending the whole time on a hook.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well the perk needed nerf to not be abusable and use as a weapon by survivors.

BUT i do have to agree that keeping it a 1 time use perk is a bad choice as it doesn't punish a tunneling killer, that can just eat the DS and keep chasing downing the survivor until death. A good balance would be to have it usable twice, with a 3 sec stun the first time and a 5 sec stun the second time. To truly punish tunneling and not affect any killer that don't tunnel.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

It doesn't take a perk.

It takes a team. You either have a team who will take the aggro, or you don't. Getting tunneled out of the game? Blame the 3 teammates who let it happen and did nothing to stop it.

• AsherFrost

Why should a killer be punished for killing Survivors? Nowhere in any of the game rules or tutorials or anywhere else does it say "don't attack a survivor who just got unhooked" in fact the tutorial doesn't let you attack the next Survivor until you killed the first, which is tunneling.

• AsrielWithGuns
    AsrielWithGuns Member Posts: 10
  • papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271
    edited March 2021

yall keep saying it's much deserved I don't agree however I do agree with the idea of a nerf. now we can't even use the perk because once it activates and the killer is focusing on someone who is running away from you; you're left with a die-to-die situation.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited March 2021

The Killer isn't getting punish for killing survivor. Tunneling is a valid strategy, but with such an impact on a game ( because trust me a 4v1 game isn't the same as a 3v1 game ) that survivors need to have a counter to it, which took the form of DS with the Halloween chapter and BT from Left Behind mini-chapter.

Also as killer, tunneling is a bad strategy because a good way to actually win ( if by winning you think kill all survivors (many have different win conditions , mine is fun and 4 bbq stacks ;) )) is to apply enough pressure on survivors so they don't have time to repair gens. But by tunneling you only pressure 1 survivor, which mean the other 3 can easily finish all gens and escape. While if you go for the unhooker, you are putting pressure on 2 if not more survivors (the one you are chasing, the unhooked that need to heal and can either do it alone or need 1 other survivor ) And if you are good enough you can down the unhooker and go for the unhooked that is still getting healed or healing, and continue applying pressure.

So yeah tunneling is good against clueless survivors (the same way Insidious basement camping LeatherFace is), but if the players are smart you are just getting yourself 1 kill out of 4. This is why the game punishes it with perks and emblems, so the player that plays the killer choose an other strategy and learn to play the game as the devs wanted it to be played : involving as much interactions as possible between all 4 survivors and the killer, create a game of cat and mouse, run and stealth, scary and calm.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

The ice age baby, saw this and decided to get buff and slap you for such a bad opinion

• YourNightmare
    YourNightmare Member Posts: 164

Kill rate atm is around 70%

DS nerfed, kill rate will surely be impacted and goes up yo 75/80%.

In fact, you killer mains are always crying because the game is unfair while most of you that are crying here are plain noobs who didn't understand anything on how to play the game 😂.

If you don't get 4k easily every game you call it unfair then you come here crying against SWF while it doesn't even represent 5% of the trials 🤣.

In fact, most of the killer mains on this forum are totally not objective and don't accept the fact that if they are loosing it's because they are trash at the game, not because the game is unbalanced.

How is it possible that some players are able to 3 to 4k constantly even against SWF and that some of you here are always calling the game survivors' sided ?

You will come here telling us "they have 3k hours on the game that's why they can do it" and then ? Developers should balance the game taking in account all the bad players ? It's not how it works... You want 3 to 4k on a regular basis, then learn to play.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited March 2021

I'm actually shaken by the fact that they used so many words to not only say literally nothing of value, but also to demonstrate their ignorance regarding the game as a whole, statistics, and, apparently, the consensus of most killer streamer mains.

Seems like a pretty weak attempt at both a personal attack and seeming 'smart,' especially given their apparent inability to understand how the term 'volatile' was used in the post they replied to.

• YourNightmare

Wow, so because M. Mark Twain wrote this, it might be the super truth :).

How long have you looked for this ? xD

So who is Mark Twain ?

A writer, a humorist and a publisher. Studies ? None

Next time you want to speak about mathematics (again), educate yourself. Don't ask a ######### writer how mathematics are working. :)

• AsherFrost

Actually it's something that always sticks around in my head whenever you post about the stats you slavishly adhere to despite having no real context for them. As has been pointed out to you multiple times (that you've ignored) if the killrate stats were as solid and correct as you claim, nurse would necessarily be buffed, as time and time again, she sits at the bottom of the rankings. Of course those who put time into the game know better.

Here we go round the mulberry bush

• YourNightmare

Well, you should go check how to calculate the reliability of statistics, how it works and you would know that the stats the developers provided have a 99%+ accuracy and that all special events are insignificant cause the population studied is way too big.

• AsherFrost
    edited March 2021

If 50% of survivors disconnected and 50% of killers disconnected in a 100 game span, that would still be 50 killers and 100 Survivors who disconnected. The 4v1 nature of the game gets you every time.

Without the context of disconnect rates per role, we cannot honestly calculate how they affect your killrate stats. Same with afk, same with how many survivors work with the killer or troll their teammates. You have patted one ear and think from that you can describe the elephant.

So early in the morning

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

blah-blah, you entirely missed the point, good luck being a doughnut, I'm not going to waste time trying to prove truths to a person unwilling to understand them.

If you want to believe killrate stats mean a ######### and ignore everything people say you, good luck with it, I said enough to prove your faith is wrong, but hey, believe in everything you want to believe, my fellow survivor main who defends these stats so much because they give them a reason to cry for killer nerfs.

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

Lol! Instead of continuing to be one of several 2nd chance perks you can now have one less that will still act in your favor doing what it was meant to do to begin with ;)

• MrBison
    MrBison Member Posts: 10

The perk is supposed to counter a tunnel action against you, if you are repairing a gen, healing or cleansing a totem, you're not being tunneled anymore.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Wait wait wait!

Sluzzy just claimed that their posts are "unbiased opinions".

Best joke I've heard all week!

• Beefmur
    Beefmur Member Posts: 261

i come in here every other day ive seen you boys have done gods work

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

Sluzy is right, this nerf is unfair! It should deactivate once you get unhooked! period!

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

You mean totally butchered into something for killers? That's all it will be, you will be able to dance around the perk with no worry. It is not a decisive strike at all, not when it needs the killers permission.

• Sluzzy

That's all a bunch of excuses to coverup the easy mode killers are enjoying. The stats are very revealing of how much easier killers can win.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited March 2021

Normally, I don't respond to your threads, as they are usually pretty illogical and misguided. However, you've managed to get me interested.

How do you explain the lack of tracking of important variables in those stats?

If Survivors suicide on first hook, the Killer gets less points. If every Survivor suicides because its a Freddy, doesn't that unjustly inflate his Kill Rate?

How do you explain the stats not taking into account people throwing the match?

How do you explain the stats not taking into account the differing ranks? A Red Rank games (for Killer) only requires the Killer to be in Red Ranks, and we all know how bad the Matchmaker is.

How do you differentiate between Killers running sweaty builds and those not?

How do you explain the stats not taking into account map RNG? Coal Tower with only T-L walls is WAY different than Coal Tower with only Jungle Gyms.

How do you explain the stats not taking hatch escapes into account? Those matches likely would've been 4K's without a Key, but with them they can be 2+ escapes. Surely, that isn't fair.

How do you explain the system not differentiating between a 4K at 5 gens and a 4K with NOED+BW?

So, @Sluzzy, how do you explain those things?

These are legitimate oversights in the system and vastly impact the stats. In my opinion, you cannot use these stats unless those variables are accounted for, since they could be massively skewing the stats.

• Sluzzy

The individual tracking is mostly moot because the large picture really matters the most. A kill is a kill so the killer still wins if he beat them with NOED or slugged everyone with Infectious Freight. The RNG of the maps, to me is still an average. So let's think of Coal Tower in your example. 501 times it has L walls and 499 times it has the jungle gyms, killer winrate is 80% so it doesn't matter about the map RNG because he is still winning most of the time.

If people are throwing against Freddy because it is that unfun or they feel no hope, then that is even a bigger alarm. Games should be fun. Having a feeling of a chance to win is really necessary.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No, it really isn't moot.

Are you saying that a game where a SWF team kicks the Killer's butt the entire match but falls victim to NOED is the same as a team that gets dominated and finishes zero gens?

Additionally, pairing Red Ranked Killers against Purple or Green Ranked Survivors is going to inflate the Kill Rate.

People suiciding on hook will also inflate the Kill Rate. There are plenty of things in the game that are "unfun." You don't want to open that can of worms because while you might take Iri Head from Killers, Survivors have WAY more to lose in that line of thinking.

And shouldn't those RNG maps be tracked? If you play Killer and get Coal Tower with all T-L's and you get a 4K, was it because you were better or because the Survivors had nothing to work with? Same in reverse too.

The Kill Rate stats are completely useless. Almost everyone agrees on this. Why can't you see what we see?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Because that would be logical and then it wouldn fit their narrative anymore.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

And you still dodge the nurse question. xD

Not going to answer anything your "mathematics" can't explain if it doesn't fit your narrative.

• YourNightmare
    edited March 2021

What about nurse ? haven't seen the question but i guess you say the kill rate is low.

It's the same for huntress and gunslinger.

Console players are part of the stats, and console players are composing the vast majority of the playerbase.

All killers that require to aim in order to get kills will have a bad kill rate. I'm pretty sure that if you remove the console players from the stats, nurse, huntress and gunslinger's kill rate will go up.

But nurse will still be lower than the potential she had you know why ? Because killer mains (like all of you crying here) are trash and don't wanna invest time in learning the game's mechanics.

Nurse's skill gap is huge and she is one of the strongest killer when mastered. If you are average with her you will do terrible.

At low skill, nurse is bad, at high skill, nurse is impossible to counter. On consoles, the joystick input is not accurate enough to be efficient with aiming killers.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • YourNightmare
    edited March 2021

Everytime you use an argument you take an exemple that is a specific situation. Don't you understand that stats don't care about specific situations ?

• For the exemple you have taken, how many times do you think this happens on 100 000 trials ? I mean how many times a SWF will kick the killer's ass and then fail and give a 3k/4k to the killer on 100 000 trials ?

Ye it will happen 1 to 5% of the times, it's negligible...

• Every RNG aspects that can affect positively or negatively each side is a draw, so it doesn't affect stats.

Exemple : take 2 guys with a gun, they are doing a dual. Now let's apply RNG - Guy n° 1 have 50% chance to have a loaded gun and 50% chance of having an empty gun. Same for Guy n° 2. Now do 100000 duals between them. How many times the Guy n° will kill the Guy n°2 ? 50% of the time... RNG doesn't affect anything here. You can add 10 more guys you will get the same results.

• And it's not because almost everyone agrees on things that it makes it true... Do you remember at school ? In your calssroom, let's say you were 30, and in those 30 students, how many guys were always right while all others made the same mistake on an exercise ? Ye jsut 2 guys were right.
    Post edited by Mandy on
  • Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

Unfairly nerfed I disagree had a game where someone got of hook fully healed and started fixing a gen so I downed them as

A: couldent find anyone els

B: they were fully healed and back on a gen so clearly they are game to get taken out I still got d's which cost me the game.

And explain why huntress needs a nerf please

• SAégis
    SAégis Member Posts: 99

dont play it then now you either have to get tunneled or force the killer to tunnel you and its already the most effective way to use the perk so its not that much of a nerf

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited March 2021

Be careful stats say Nurse and Blight are some of the worse killers in the game.

Post edited by WishIcouldmain on
  • Zixology

Ah yes. Because it's my team of randoms' fault if the killer ignores them and tunnels me. Of course.

• AsherFrost

Yes, because they made it easy to ignore them. It's a 4v1 game, why shouldn't your teammates play for the team? When I'm playing Survivor I'll run right up on a tunneling killer and force them to acknowledge me. I'll pop gens, drop pallets and do my best to blind them if I have a flashlight. I do that so my teammates live and we win. If that means getting hooked by a pissed off killer who camps me the rest of the game, so be it. If the team wins, we all win.

I'm sorry if the people you got stuck with aren't team players, that's as frustrating here as it is when on OW and nobody wants to stay with the payload, but it's not the other team's duty to cover for your team refusing to play as a team, in any game.

• CaptainLevi
    CaptainLevi Member Posts: 8

Buff DS, Survivors are the majority anyway Killers don't matter, NERF ALL KILLERS i should be able to start the game with the exit gates ready and have Myers as my maid serving COOKIES

• Zixology

Are you serious?

How tf is it the survivors' fault if the killer ignores the 3 others and focuses on just one for the whole game? How are survivors supposed to change the killer player's free will?

• AsherFrost

By making it a losing strategy for the killer. Same as literally every other multiplayer game out there, from overwatch, to team fortress to rocket league. Or I suppose you can just whine about how unfair it is that the killer decides who they want to chase.

If tunneling always worked, every killer would do it and have a 100% killrate. It doesn't because smart Survivors can counter it. I gave you a few ideas how already, you can either take that under advisement or not, doesn't matter to me either way, unless of course we meet in game and I get to see whether you learned or not for myself.