DC penalty fix suggestion

aylawell
aylawell Member Posts: 119
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

is it possible to modify whatever process is applying these matchmaking penalties to recognize if the player is clicking the confirm disconnect prompt? I'm sorry to be another downer as I love this game but quite frankly its infuriating suffering these consequences for just trying to play legit.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I think the issue would be if they did that then everyone who wanted to dc would just restart there WiFi router to dc and get away with it.

• aylawell

then lie to us and say it doesn't work that way xd

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

this suggestion was a great one but can we not focus on yours and focus on switch? whenever my battery dies i get a penalty for that...

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,419

If they made it so it only penalized you for actually clicking the button, then how do you stop people from quitting the game by just pulling the plug on their router instead? Every single multiplayer game punishes people who DC. Honestly i think DBD needs to be harsher. DotA and LoL will legit ban you for days if do it more than a handful of times and it can lead to permabans if you are a habitual leaver.

Maybe even add a leaver/toxic island, where you only queue up with other people who are leavers/DCers until you win X number of games.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Whether you leave the match because you hit the button, pulled the cord out, ignored the low battery warning on your switch or lost internet, the result is the same for the other 5 people in the match. Why should the penalty be different? If your internet is bad enough that you keep getting disconnected, fix it before you play. Charge your switch. Don't do things that screw over 5 other people just trying to enjoy a fun match. Take responsibility.

• aylawell

My problem isn't with the penalties intention, my problem is wanting to play the game and being unfairly punished for it because somebody else's something went wrong. Here I am doing a gen and oops, killer left the match for whatever reason, looks like I deserve this matchmaking ban for 15 minutes.. defend that if you can defenders, but its not right.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

You don’t get a penalty if someone else disconnects lol

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

That, if it happened, would be a bug, and should be reported as such. Somehow I kinda doubt it did, considering your op.

• aylawell

in the instances it happened, the matches ended for everyone.. on the tally screen all survivors got points but the killer got zero.. I also kept my item and it counted as an escape.. but I get a penalty. Which led me to mssge the other random survivors to find that they also received the penalty.. which led me to post here hoping to find if others have experienced this, cause it sucks. Still love dbd though regardless.