Please Make the Rift Less Grindy!!!

I've been playing a fair amount over the last few tomes and have noticed the grind still terrible despite hearing that devs intended to clear that up.

It's honestly one of the worst battle passes around, it needs addressing!

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,294

In my opinion, it's the best 'battle pass', since there's no fast tracking upon purchase. This means you can just go as far as you can and then decide if you want to buy it or not. Takes the pressure off, unlike other hard-FOMO style battlepasses.

• Makizmo
    Makizmo Member Posts: 30

That's missing the point slightly I feel. Do you think that reduces the grind?

• Amelio
    Amelio Member Posts: 38

It's not that grindy especially compared to other games but you have to play daily the game and do a lot of mission so I think that if it was slightly faster to getting points it would be good, you already get 1 point per game? if not maybe that's what we need

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

You get like 600 xp. So that's almost a full point. But still, feels grindy.

• Makizmo
    edited March 2021

Roughly 600xp maybe one rift point if you play very well, not even a full point in some matches. And there are nowhere near enough challenges in each section of the tome. Does anyone know what the devs plan to do? They have mentioned it before, I'm sure.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Playing other battle pass system dbd is easily the worst. Not even a contest. Maybe some ea ubisof trash might be more obnoxious but compare legends of runeterra, league, hunt showdown, genshin impact etc. Dbd is absolutley terrible battle pass wise. It takes way to long to accrue points and requires way more time then other passes.

Dbd benefits from being a game you want to spend an hour or two on. Prolonged gameplay makes the game misrable in my experiance. Why the battle pass encourage grinding baffles me. And yes you can fast track this pass in fact its so grindy i did it twice since then i refuse to buy the pass because its grindy obnoxious nonesense.

Its without a doubht one of the worst passes to grind. Prolonged dbd play session are terrible because it increases the chances of encountering awful matchmaking, frustrating setups or just plain terrible map rng (haddonfield).

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

It's grindy as #########. ~600 xp per match, it's about 14-15 matches to get 1 level. It's almost 4 hours to get 1 level without challenges.

• Makizmo

What do people suggest to make it less grindy?

Have the devs said anything on the matter?

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

"Not that grindy"...

Man warframe's battlepass is less grindy...

• LastShoe

All you need to know is known for being extremally grindy as a game, which main focus is around the grind...

• Amelio
    Amelio Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2021

oh that game, yeah I tried it for a month or so but for me it gets boring fast, dbd is not about the grind: the rift is meant to the really invested players that have already played the game a lot and love to play the challenges after completing the achievements of the game, casual players are not meant to complete the rift but it's cool to get free stuff from time to time, I like to do some challenges from time to time but I don't see why you want so bad to the rift to be easier, I mean, it would be cool to get more stuff but it's just some skins it doesn't change the gameplay

• LastShoe

Yea... if its not about the grind then why there is as much grind, if not more, than in warframe. If you want something from the rift you need to grind the heck out of it, while bp grind remains unchanged and no, you often can't really grind both challanges and bp at once.

And if you dont want to grind then you are so far behind with all the perks that it is just insane for competitive game.