Killers behavior has been absolutely disgusting lately

All I’m seeing lately from killers is face camping and hard tunneling along with them trying to hold the game hostage and anytime any survivor escapes they start sending messages to every survivor on the team telling them to kill themselves, that they suck, and that they are horrible human beings. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to play this game anymore since the killer mains can’t seem to act like anything but 12 year old children that think they deserve everything in the world. It’s even more depressing that this isn’t just happening at the los ranks but at red ranks too as I am a rank 1 survivor and still see this behavior from rank 1 killers constantly.

Comments

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

So you're saying that behavior is okay? I know survivors tend to be more toxic than killers but that doesn't excuse someone's toxic behavior over a game like DBD which is a mess right now.

• The_Floof
    The_Floof Member Posts: 69

Honestly I been playing both sides today. I been getting more toxic survivors with friends and randoms than jerk killers. Do not get me wrong, I have had the jerk killers as well. However the survivors have been more so today. However, I treat the people with kind. If someone wants to tunnel me out, sorry team but I am done with the match. If survivors want to butt dance and other toxic things. I will be happy to slug the entire team and let you all bleed out.

I play with giving the same respect the others give me. I like hooking everyone three times if I can but if I am unable to do so. Well I will play how the game goes, but I try to avoid camping and tunneling. <.< unless the survivors three gen themselves I am gonna hook that person in the middle and make it less easy since I am close to losing.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

It's probably the new chapter. I think it brings out all the sweats and toxics. Ever notice that the same thing happens at the beginning of rank reset? On the killer end, I've had many, many premades with nothing but rank 1s and meta builds, sometimes with a favorable map offering for good measure because they want that extra advantage. Though in my experience, it's not so much toxic as much as sweat. Last rank reset was legitimately toxic. Give it a week.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Honestly.. I usually hover around rank 3-4 on both sides lately, and it's not because I'm good.. I'm better at killer than survivor, but you end up pipping more than depipping if you play often enough.. I just want to have a good time, I see no reason to bully either the survivors I'm trying to kill or the killer trying to catch me.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,367

All these high-rank killers tunneling harder than ever before. Had two games already today out of four against rank 7 and 3 killers who would go out of their way to immediately tunnel a person straight off the hook, even with me getting between them and taking protection hits. Still hard tunneled the survivor. I'm not even mad, I am just disappointed at this point.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Guys, this is Frosty. This person has one of these posts on a daily basis, just check their history.

They live on this forum just to whine and complain about how they are getting challenged in a game they are clearly not enjoying themselves in.

Don't be mad at this person - pity them for not having the good sense to move on and find something else to have fun in.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442
    edited April 2021

Let's break this down:

All I’m seeing lately from killers is face camping and hard tunneling

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Don't be a scrub, educate yourself:

trying to hold the game hostage

With the exception of body blocking survivors, which is extremely hard to do, this is not possible. My guess is you think a killer 3-genning is holding the game hostage.

anytime any survivor escapes they start sending messages to every survivor on the team telling them to kill themselves, that they suck, and that they are horrible human beings.

This is bad, but its not a "killer" thing. Mute and report the person and move on with life.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,295

That is a very long tirade from someone who missed the fact that they were taking protection hits, meaning the killer didn't just 'go for the wounded one', they were going for the previously hooked one.

Anyway, I've seen a bit more tunnelling here and there but it hasn't been unmanageable. There's been a good bit more camping though, which has been more frustrating.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

That's a very short answer for someone that not only dont seem to be able to read simple posts but still think he can call out others on the very same thing.

Yes, I didn't missed the fact that he was talking about protection hit, and what I said perfectly apply to that situation.

Just because you were "the previously hooked" doesn't MAGICALLY mean you aren't "the wounded one" and should be ignore, (that was litterally half the point of my post, how the hell did you missed that?) and just because someone is trying REALLY hard to bodyblock your to get a hit from you doesn't mean that NOT doing what they want is bad. It's actually the EXACT opposite, since, yaknow, you are not here to do what they want.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I did get a toxic message from a Killer earlier who body-blocked me during EGC. I just killed them with kindness and told them “ggwp <3”. They never respond and they can’t really continue the toxicity when you show that you’re unbothered by it.

• Unicorn

I was actually enjoying you two’s debate until now. At this point you’re just throwing jabs with no substance :/ why?

• Unicorn

”Welp, though luck love, doing stuff you survivor dont like is litterally the job of the killer and whining aobut it just show that you don't understand the point of the game.”

You Survivors? I literally said nothing and now you’re at me? What makes you think I’m a Survivor Main and why do you assume I’m whining? A Killers job is to kill, period.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482
    edited April 2021

Just report them for the messages but there isn't much about anything else, nothing except the holding the game hostage "which is not likely to not actually ever be the case" everything is playing by the games rules but not everyone are that kind so don't lump everyone together based on a few individuals

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Yeah, just had a blight with noed face camp the first person they finally got on hook and managed to get a 4K out of it because we kinda threw just trying to undo it.

They then just like, killed 3 and followed the third around shaking their head making sure they bled out over the course of the next couple of minutes.

No reason, we all play very clean, no t-bagging or clicky spam or anything remotely toxic. Killers are just being phenomenal jerks lately.

Survivors too; like they are being extra toxic to Trickster players and it's like dude they are basically playing at a massive disadvantage for the sake of variety, cut that out.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

the same goes for survivors too. when playing both sides I see it all. No Survivors don't get a free pass. the killers are being crazy too. I'm thinking it's because of the new chapter maybe it will calm down.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

I don't play with the new killer until I have better perks.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I wish more people realized that escaping the hook isn't easy if the killer comes right back and targets you again. Unless they're running Make Your Choice--which few do nowadays--they can tunnel you to death quite easily. Stay out of range just long enough for Borrowed Time to whiff, and bam. E-Z Tunnel Oven to your first kill. It's how most killers have to play at red ranks, and it's a big problem with the game balance in general. If you kill a survivor before more than 2 gens are done the game tends to be a breeze at that point, but it's a scummy way to play.

It's part of why I hate Hillbilly so much. Dude gets auto 1-hits from the game start, and he can just saw back and forth to the hook if he somehow misses his BBQ follow-up hook.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Ranks mean nothing in this game. Why people always bring in ranks is beyond me

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Another thread dividing killers and survivors into warring parties.

How original.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

How can a killer possibly camp and tunnel 4 survivors at once? And within all of 2 minutes.

You either have absolutely no idea of what tunneling & camping are, or this is completely made up....

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 220

My favorite part about survivor is watching the worst survivor on the team who survived by the whole team putting efforts into keeping them alive, will then t-bag at the exit gate and BM. Like, sweetie, you couldn't even run the killer... First off, don't BM. Second, you weren't even good enough to BM to begin with.

As a survivor main, I always try to be the nice guy at the end of matches and tend to not BM or anything unless the killer is blatantly tunneling me unprovoked or they're playing like a jerk.

I will occasionally sit at the exit gate if the killer is around to let them get extra hits and BPs, but if they aren't swinging or just standing there, I'll leave since they're not interested.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Umm no this particular game he hooked and camped then sat there when others tried to get the rescue and downed two other players. So yes it does happen. This is expressly why I run Kindred to see if he is camping so I can just continue on my gen.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

This is actually very true and those who say it doesnrt are prob the ones doing it. It is so much more prevalent in the past few weeks it is crazy insane. On a goodnight I win maybe 2/3 matches playing solo and the ones I lose hard are from killers hard tunneling from the get up.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

It's not unfair only for selfish killers. But there are a lot