Why is everyone being so toxic to people playing Trickster?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Like, I don't get it. Do you prefer playing against Spirit and Freddy 10 games in a row? Do you want killers to keep giving you hatch, to not tunnel and camp, to not only play full meta build top tier killers?

People are trying to play a god awful killer, there is no need for the post game harassments literally EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

I started actually doing full reports with tickets today, something I haven't bothered with in a while, the harassment is so bad.

Comments

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 681

I've had no issues. I've actually gotten consistent 2-4k games with him in purple/red rank lobbies.

However I am tired of the unnecessary hate as people are really going extreme for something that's actually very well made. I'm not saying he's decently good but he's not as horrible as people made him out to be. Thankfully though that toxic hate has calmed down a little.

• [Deleted User]

It's not so much hard just time consuming. Shadowplay helps since you can record after the fact with a button press.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Just close the chat and enjoy the game.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

The issue with Internet: people let their frustration from IRL affecting their actions and their words.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

because this is the type of killer the devs want. so anyone can start to play their game as survivor and win. They want killers that are bully magnets.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

True everyone shows their true colors when they are behind a screen, videos games or social media. Although with this pandemic the human hypocrisy and greed is showing without even trying to hide it.

Humanity as a whole is awful and probably deserves any catastrophe we encounter.. but the bad thing is that nature and diseases don't difference between good and bad people, and usually the good people are the ones that suffer more from every selfish action that another human being does.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I've actually let them down me or sacrifice me after seeing how rough the games with him can be.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

God bless you, your 666 posts don't define you sir.

I don't need pity downs or anything though, I just need survivors to stop harrassing me after every match.

• Because they can and they find it fun. Don't bother reporting, they'll ignore it. This is whats selling the game, annoying other people. Tha's why so many of the archive challenges and things put in the game are geared towards it. Your job is to be a pinata for these toxic swf squads.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Tickets are not needed when you report for (chat) harassment. Just normal reporting will give all the info needed and tickets would actually just cost time reviewing while not being of any help.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited April 2021

Played 3 Trickster games yesterday :

• First game = 0K but survivor where meming around with me when they realized i was really having trouble figuring out how he worked = lot of fun and non toxic afterchat
    • Second game = somehow managed a 4K and the game was really pleasant : no bm or tbag or anything = afterchat was really nice and non toxic
    • Third game = 0K and like the first game it was a really non toxic game and people in afterchat were really respectful

Then all of my other killer games were non toxic and fun despise people bringing OoO and flashlight i just took it chill and didn't care about the outcome of the game.

If you compare it with my experience as a duo survivor the same day = 12 games, got tunneled 6 times... (by tunnel i mean killer didn't care about any other survivors, would drop chase with them when he saw me or completely ignore survivors on gens) And equipping DS didn't change anything. As survivor i don't bring any item or tbag or do anything to be toxic, so for me there was no reason to get tunnel like this. The only "reason" i could see was that i'm playing with the new Elodie cosmetic. But you don't see people get tunneled for playing the new Dwight or Adam or Felix one...

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

That's why you shouldn't listen to survivors whining about "boring killers"; a lot of them just want to bully and get easy wins.

They get like a Billy that's trying to learn and can't contain themselves from smashing the crouch button.

• pennythewise
    pennythewise Member Posts: 48

I think i’m gonna buy him for one of these reasons lol

i find them funny lol but if they gone far then the reporting system on PlayStation can be useful lol

• Mooks

You are going out of your way to make the matches of survivors you never played against as unfun as you can because others were toxic to you? And not even because you like that playstyle?

you know, I get the feeling those people were not toxic because of the killer you played but maybe because of other reasons..

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

It's funny though. You get out of your comfort zone and get bullied.

Yet people wonder why red ranks are lacking killer variety.

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

Yeah same has been happening to me and then when i pull out pyramid or spirit I'm toxic and boring no skill trash.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I don't see them as pity downs myself. I'll get chased for a bit and then get downed on purpose. I feel terrible whenever a new killer gets released because they are either trying to get adept/are working with whatever perks RNG gives them at red ranks (the rank I'm in). I play both roles and totally understand the frustration in not being able to get any hooks when the gens go flying like crazy. That's why I don't mind sacrificing myself or getting downed on purpose if the killer is having a rough game. I want both of us to get points!

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

the feeling of power is what feeds their nonexistent ego. i personally like going against trickster just cuz his power doesnt kill half of the loops like huntress or deathslinger. its also a nice change from sprit and nurse

• SilentHillOnDvD
    SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487

Who wouldn't like playing against him? He's so weak and is just a m1 110% killer.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

yeah I'm trying to play trickster.

he's so weak I'm even getting bullied by green rank survivors.

and then I get harassment in end game chat about survivors saying how bad I am only for me to tell them this is why killers only play nurse or spirit.

and they wouldn't be bullying me if I were playing nurse or spirit.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

I suggest not doing that.

Because BHVR will go "well the stats say he averages 2 kills which is good enough"

so they won't buff him

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Being honest trickster is so bad he's the first killer I genuinely feel bad for going against as survivor given just how awful he is.

I mean I have been in more danger as a survivor against brand new player trying nurses for the first time then against Trickster.

Also I never understood how people can brag about beating the WORST character in a game.

I mean people solely use dan in Street fighter AS AN INSULT TO THEIR OPPONENT because he's meant to the objective worst character.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Gotta be honest,

It's a bit annoying to get BM'd by survivors that you usually easily 4k

πŸ‘πŸ‘„πŸ‘

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I only played about 6 games against him but everyone on PC was just talking about how trash the actual killer is, not the player. Including the killer players themselves.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

Well you would be wrong. Clean games, I never said anything to them in chat, literally just played Trickster and often lossed handily. Nothing more. The worst offense was camping after the gates were open if I had someone, other than that no tunnel, no camp, and a weak build.

But yeah, if you keep bullying, being toxic, insulting, harassing, threatening people, yeah that is what happens, you suck all the good nature out of them.

For me I get over it relatively quick, but others you might just have another killer who doesn't play by your rulebook anymore ever. It only does for me for like a game or two.

• [Deleted User]

For real though, yeah lol.

One person said they hoped I would die of cancer, because I got one kill due to blood warden, not even noed just blood warden. The level of toxicity has been mind boggling.

When a killer's weakness is just holding W you know there is something wrong.

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

That's what happened to me I hate the fact they wished my parents dead.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188

The unnerving part has come from reading a couple of topics of discussion where people state they find him okay to play, only to be berated by others saying they're wrong or demanding video, as well as calling them liars.

I mean, that's completely unbelievable how some people are! I don't often see people demanding proof people get consistent 4ks and such. It's saddening proof that it's not about whether you are a killer or survivor whoch makes you toxic, but moreso how much of a dick that person is.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 425

I tried giving him a chance but honestly I think I'm just going to drop playing him until he gets some buffs down the road. I can't even muster up the energy to level him up either. Most of my games are just frustrating. Frustrating to use his power, frustrating chases and a lot of frustrating people to go up against. People constantly sabotaging hooks in my face, body blocking, flashlight clicking, teabagging and the occassional ggez and whatever other insults they come up with post game. Normally I wouldn't mind these things but the entire Trickster experience has just built up to be a giant miserable pile of pain since release. I gotta drop playing as him, for the sake of my own sanity. I might be a masochist but there's such a thing of pain without benfit, Trickster is just pain and nothing else.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

So far, I either get people that understand he's rough to play, or people that somehow think he's OP and insult me for playing a broken killer. I just laugh it off cuz they got beat by Dan Hibiki.

• Mooks

Maybe those survivors faced face camping bubbas that are toxic in end game chat before being matched against you...

I am playing survivor as well, and I guarantee you I am not bullying, toxic , insulting etc. But actually many killers do that to me. Doesn’t mean I have to get to their level though.

• pyramid_man
    pyramid_man Member Posts: 1

I have no issues playing the new killer. I use him to apply as much pressure i can in a match. And if ik imma get caught up in a really annoying chase then I'll just bounce around looking for other survivors. But i do want his speed to be 115%

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 247

It’s natural for humans to take advantage of and gang up on someone weaker. Same thing happens when you play hag.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

For some reason I just become a complete toxic ######### whenever I play survivor and trickster and baby nurses are the only killers i am good enough to bully. Yeah I normally try not to be toxic but something about survivor just makes me an #########. Another reason why I should stick to being a killer main I guess.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Its easy to bully him because as a survivor, YOU KNOW you can EASILY beat him. That's why. In a game where its YOU vs. THEM, a weakness is still a weakness. Does the killer treat you nicely if they're starting to lose and no one is dead? No, they'll tunnel you out of the game because that's the best way to win. Same with Survivors. You give them an easy target and they'll ######### on them. Welcome to DBD :D

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Maybe because they are used to see facecamper Trickster players like me, and they are fed up with it :D

Becayse really, no other way of playing him.

• tomtomrc89
    tomtomrc89 Member Posts: 6

This isn't a post regarding Trickster, but toxic behaviour in general - admittedly I have never seen much of it, but did today to its full effect.

To provide context, I am a Rank 4 survivor - I'm not the greatest, but I like to think I am fairly good at this game and know how it works fairly well. Played a game with my mate today and two other random survivors. None of us escaped, we got 4 gens done. I had a bang average game I would say - did a gen, rescued someone, resulted in a safety pip. But the level of abuse I got afterwards was insane. Somehow the team 'losing' was all my fault (it wasn't, IMO - and I'm the first to hold my hands up when I have a bad game), I was insulted for my supposed sh*t performance and being R4 (IMO Rank isn't all that important, but when its coming from two players who were Ranks 9 and 11...), insults thrown at me because I didn't find the hatch and the killer knew where I was, and one vaguely racist insult (despite them not knowing my ethnicity).

It was just one of those games, I performed bang average and we didn't perform well as a team - you move on. But the level of insults is insane. Why attack a fellow player, and why take it to such extremes. Pardon my language, but its f*cking pathetic. Its a computer game at the end of the day!

I've got a thick skin, but such behaviour is so pathetic. I just wish there was a way to report toxic behaviour as it really can spoil a good game.

That said - my thanks and appreciation to all of you out there who make this game a pleasurable experience.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

that's why I feel survivors started the whole toxic thing first I mean it toxic on both side but as someone who plays both side I use to give hatch farm as killer sometime have fun and as survivor I had killer do this for me.

now tho killers are alot more sweaty and toxic even if someone dc when there 5 gen still will still hook everyone if he can not give hatch

me playing killer I stilll give hatch farm sometimes but most of the time I play to win if I can

in other words killers have had it.