The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Behaviour, make them pay for what they...!

did to mama?

People of the Fog,

I greet you all!

I just came across this Idea and I cant wait to share it with you.
Maybe even a Mod or the Devs will read it and implement it.

Now that we have the Cash Shop filled with Customes (Remember, you can only wear one Outfit at once!) we should go the next step!
Add new Services!

Add some of the Offerings in a Pack of I dont know 5, 25, 50, 100 and sell them.
Like: Buy 5 Map Offerings of Heddonfield for 0,99$ (25 for 3,99$, 50 for 7,99$, 100 for 14,99$).
Or like: Buy 5 Streamers for 3,99$ (Due to Balance and to avoid P2W!!!! this should cost more than 0,99$).

I bought all the Cosmetics so far that I need for my Main Surv/Killer + Off Surv/Killer. I might buy some if I really like a piece, but over all my Money is sinking in this game. I want to invest more and this could be a nice way to keep the Moneystream on :)

What you guys thinking?

Comments

• Mathen
    Mathen Member Posts: 40

Thank you for your feedback.

I do not want them to stop with the cosmetics either, but adding the Offering Map Package is a one time only thing. They dont have to put in that much work.

You can even buy a ,,Random Map Offering" which will always be burned prio1 to avoid getting the same Map everytime :)

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

No reason to make the game Pay to Win. It's a bad thing to have associated with your game. "Oh how is Dead by Daylight?" ... "It's a ######### pay to win game." Boom right there another consumer lost. And they didn't even realize that the "p2w" is map offerings.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The games not even remotely close to pay to win. Even with these changes the best it would effect is you got to play your stronger map a lot, that's not a big deal.

• Mathen

I dont see it a pay2win either.
    Winning isnt only getting the right map (For killer maybe more than for survivors)
    At the end you need to do 5 gens and the killer cant chase everyone at once.

I know that having the Haddonfield for the rest of my life as my map would be amazing and something I would pay for^^

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Can’t wait to buy 1,000,000 bloodpoints for $49.99
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I mean you also mentioned being able to buy blood point offerings as well. Which is certainly p2w. Anything that you can purchase to get ahead of other players is pretty much the definition of P2W.

But even the map offering isn't good. If you pay a few hours of killer/survivor a night. You'll run into the same players over and over again. Being able to spot a user and be like, oh this is that nurse player, send him to this map. Especially when you want to buy Haddonfield offerings. Pretty sure I'm not the only one on that thinks that map sucks for killers.

• Mathen

@GrannyonAcid said:
    I mean you also mentioned being able to buy blood point offerings as well. Which is certainly p2w. Anything that you can purchase to get ahead of other players is pretty much the definition of P2W.

But even the map offering isn't good. If you pay a few hours of killer/survivor a night. You'll run into the same players over and over again. Being able to spot a user and be like, oh this is that nurse player, send him to this map. Especially when you want to buy Haddonfield offerings. Pretty sure I'm not the only one on that thinks that map sucks for killers.

Haddonfield can be a mess and a living nightmare for a killer.
    I play mainly SWF and I am considered ,,The Tank" in my SWF Group.
    Which means I try to get the Killers attention and show him around the map, while my Friends to the gens.
    Since day one I wonder why this works in like 99% of the times xD

Once you juked a killer he really wants to get your butt obviously and is running behind you in the same house (Lauries House with the open Basement Window <3) for ages and years xD

I would love to buy Haddonfield Offerings!

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Found Mathieu Cotes forum account testing the waters for pay2win mechanics...

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

How bout this, devs slow down on cosmetics, patch more bugs in game, and not do this at all cost to avoid the actual reason of this, buying streamers can lead to bloodpoints, bloodpoints to more bp offerings, bp to powerful perks

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mathen said:
    did to mama?

People of the Fog,

I greet you all!

I just came across this Idea and I cant wait to share it with you.
    Maybe even a Mod or the Devs will read it and implement it.

Now that we have the Cash Shop filled with Customes (Remember, you can only wear one Outfit at once!) we should go the next step!
    Add new Services!

Add some of the Offerings in a Pack of I dont know 5, 25, 50, 100 and sell them.
    Like: Buy 5 Map Offerings of Heddonfield for 0,99$ (25 for 3,99$, 50 for 7,99$, 100 for 14,99$).
    Or like: Buy 5 Streamers for 3,99$ (Due to Balance and to avoid P2W!!!! this should cost more than 0,99$).

I bought all the Cosmetics so far that I need for my Main Surv/Killer + Off Surv/Killer. I might buy some if I really like a piece, but over all my Money is sinking in this game. I want to invest more and this could be a nice way to keep the Moneystream on :)

What you guys thinking?

No pay to win, no thanks :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mathen said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

Haddonfield can be a mess and a living nightmare for a killer.
    I play mainly SWF and I am considered ,,The Tank" in my SWF Group.
    Which means I try to get the Killers attention and show him around the map, while my Friends to the gens.
    Since day one I wonder why this works in like 99% of the times xD

Once you juked a killer he really wants to get your butt obviously and is running behind you in the same house (Lauries House with the open Basement Window <3) for ages and years xD

I would love to buy Haddonfield Offerings!

Yeah some killers still havent realized that they are not playing the power role (at least not with most killers)

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Peanits said:
    alivebydeadight said:

How bout this, devs slow down on cosmetics, patch more bugs in game, and not do this at all cost to avoid the actual reason of this, buying streamers can lead to bloodpoints, bloodpoints to more bp offerings, bp to powerful perks

Artists are not programmers. You probably don't want somebody who's got no idea how to fix bugs fixing bugs. They'd probably make it a lot worse.

Is there currently a difference?
    shots fired
    All joking aside I wish more people understood that different people at a company have different jobs.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I wouldn't want map offerings to be purchasable but streamers don't sound that bad in theory since you need to play matches and do well to get any benefit and you are benefiting other players but it might throw the bloodpoint "economy" (if you'd call it that) off since there would be more very rare/ultra rare addons being used which could become a balance problem in the long run.

• alivebydeadight

@Peanits said:
    alivebydeadight said:

Artists are not programmers. You probably don't want somebody who's got no idea how to fix bugs fixing bugs. They'd probably make it a lot worse.

For example, they slow down on releasing the cosmetics, so they have the time to think and read their bugs quicker

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@alivebydeadight said:

@Peanits said:

For example, they slow down on releasing the cosmetics, so they have the time to think and read their bugs quicker

Artists don't fix bugs. What you're saying is equivalent to grocery stores being shut down to help farmers grow their food.

• alivebydeadight

@Orion said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Peanits said:

Artists don't fix bugs. What you're saying is equivalent to grocery stores being shut down to help farmers grow their food.

falling down stairs what I mean is while patching bugs, check the cosmetics for bugs as well, remember the clown cosmetic that was bugged?, I know that artist are not bloody programmers (some are but not all) but the problem is that sometimes we see developers (not being rude) possibly immediately put the cosmetic in, Russian bear huntress is still bugged with her shirt and necklace, where the necklace has a mini stroke when moving around, this is still annoying when your in a chase with a survivor and just see that pop up out of thin air, if your trying to snipe someone with a hatchet and see that, it can trick you for it being a survivor falling off of things

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Peanits said:

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

How bout this, devs slow down on cosmetics, patch more bugs in game. 

While, I am all for bug fixing, but then mixing two completely unrelated things makes your argument weak and then nobody takes you or your point seriously. There's always a correct and a positive way to go by it. 
  • Mathen

So have we come any further with this topic? When will I be able to spend more money in this game and buy me some nice Haddonfield Offerings :)?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Welp, that's it for this discussion.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@not_Queen said:
    Hello @Mathen !

Allowing players to buy gameplay progression with money isn't something we are planning to do.

Thank you!

Make sure you stay on that path. Tie up the programmers' hands if they get any funny ideas. ;)

• Mathen
    edited November 2018

@not_Queen said:
    Hello @Mathen !

Allowing players to buy gameplay progression with money isn't something we are planning to do.

Thank you!

Thank you for your replay @not_Queen .

Do you plan any new ways for Player to spend money on?
    See the thing is, I love this game and I would gladely spend money on it.
    But I do not need Cosmetics for chars I dont play and I can only wear one costume outfit at a time. So I am really limited in my ways to spend money and support you.

Map offerings would be such a nice way and it might not have that big impact on the balance.

===============

Other Idea could be:
    Buy a ,,Ban this Killer" Offering or ,,Buy this Perk" Offering.
    If used the specific perk or killer can not be used in the trial and will be replaced by an other random killer or perk.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Orion Don't worry, I got you!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I don't think BHVR will ever got his route, which I'm thankful for.