Sell itens

Options
slipttees
slipttees Member Posts: 846
edited November 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have more more itens with surviver and killer, maybe can sell in the bloodweb! ;-)

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I was thinking the same. I have so many stuff that I don't use.

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Options
    The idea of the blood web is you get what your given. Having a selling function would take away the whole idea of a random ghostly entity that has no agenda.
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

@MasonHugsCats
    Yes and no, I do agree that the Bloodweb should stay the same in that it's randomly generated with whatever you get, but at the current point in time I find it rather hard to build up characters without using up my good addons and then being rather boned, having to invest more in a Killer who's already complete just so I can get addons that I can then use to make more BP to try building up a character before I then have to put more BP into my Killer again, ya know? It creates an endless loop of grossness that from a Game Design point of view isn't good because it causes a tax on the player and their willingness to farm and progress.

There could be a lore reason why characters would "sell" things they don't want too, which could be simply that they're offering those Addons, Items, Offerings (kind of ironic if you're using offerings in this offering thing) in return for a chance at a better or different one. For instance you could offer the Entity two brown addons for a random brown addon back, or three brown addons for a random yellow addon. Apply that to the rest of the tiers and you have a system wherein I wouldn't have to hold a zillion brown addons I don't want to use because they're too weak to justify using/I'll lose the game cause of them, instead I could put them to use and create random higher tier addons to use.

And that's just one system them could use to make it work, there are tons of system out there.

• MasonHugsCats
    Options
    It still takes away from the idea of the blood web and I doubt it will ever be implemented. In any way it would ruin balance. If I could offer 3 brown items to get a yellow then three yellow to get a green the killer would be extremely op. And that's not considering the fact getting super rares and normal rares would be much easier breaking balance.
  • Aerys
    Options

@MasonHugsCats
    At the moment the balance is heavily in the favour of Survivors, if I go against them with anything less than two greens I know for a fact I won't get 4k. Perhaps that's not the case with Nurse or Hillbilly but it's certainly the case with the dudes I play as. Plus, it would in the end cost more BP to scrap 3 browns for a yellow than an actual ultra rare costs on the blood web (3 browns = 9k, 1 ultra rare = 7k) so it's still extremely expensive in terms of cost. 3 very rares for an ultra rare would be 18k for a 7k item.

• MasonHugsCats
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @Aerys
    It still doesn't seem right. It just removes the randomness of the game, aswell as this your not considering how this saves you alot of money with them add-ons you don't use. I'm a rank 1 killer main so I know how important add one are, but right now I have along the lines of 100-150 brown add one and 30-40 yellow on clown. That's about 30 free green add-ons, that is extremely op. That would guarantee me 3k for 20 games depending on what I get as most clown items above yellow are amazing. If this was implemented it would be broken. And if we start talking about offerings things get really messed up as getting white wards would be much easier so you'd be able to use your super rare add-ons more.
  • Aerys
    Options

@MasonHugsCats
    Yes but I believe in players being rewarded for their time, if you have that many addons of that quality you should be able to convert them into something actually useful. It would be fair.

That said it isn't as though what I said is the literal word of god, it can be balanced better, I simply said 3 for one tier up cause it seemed like a fair number off the top of my head. Maybe; 10 brown = 1 yellow, 5 yellow = 1 green, 3 green = 1 purple, 2 purple = 1 red/pink whatever that colour is.

• MasonHugsCats
    Options
    @Aerys
    it's just to weird for me. I dont understand how you trade with the Entity it doesn't seem right. The only thing I'd say you should be able to trade is old event items.
  • Aerys
    edited November 2018
    Options

@MasonHugsCats
    I'm not saying you're trading with it, simply burning a number of items in offering to it as it bequeaths to you a new one in return for your offering. It's totally something the Entity would do as well in order to offer more hope to its Survivors, as the Entity feeds off their hope just as much as it feeds off the Killer's murderous feelings too.

• slipttees
    edited November 2018
    Options

My initial idea trading items for bloodpoints in the bloodweb. Item 3.000 points, trading for 1000 points for example!! Entity is not generous! lol

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    While I would love the idea it wouldnt happen. Addons are like a no return policy. You could buy a green item for 5000 use it 10 games until you have a purple item then sell the green item to use the points later.
    It makes more sense to have a player trading set up. Often I give the items I dont want to my friends in exchange for ones they dont want. We decide what's fair. However we can only do 1 trade per game and even then both of us may not live most of the time. A trading system could clear out our items and give us what we actually want through trading with players. No bloodpoints involved as that is earned through games.
  • slipttees
    Options

@milo77727 said:
    While I would love the idea it wouldnt happen. Addons are like a no return policy. You could buy a green item for 5000 use it 10 games until you have a purple item then sell the green item to use the points later.
    It makes more sense to have a player trading set up. Often I give the items I dont want to my friends in exchange for ones they dont want. We decide what's fair. However we can only do 1 trade per game and even then both of us may not live most of the time. A trading system could clear out our items and give us what we actually want through trading with players. No bloodpoints involved as that is earned through games.

Good idea! ;-)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,680
    Options

Selling items would break the game. Prestiging characters would be a joke. I think a much better and healthier solution is to allow players to pay a bloodpoint cost to convert add ons to add ons of their choice with the same rarity.

For example, all players would be able to convert add ons to add ons of their choice at 100% of the bloodpoint cost. Players who've reached prestige 1 could convert at 75% of the cost and players who've reached prestige 3 could convert at 50% cost. So if a no prestige Hillbilly wanted to convert a chainsaw file into a spark plug it would cost 3000 bloodpoints. Prestige 1 Hillbilly could make the same conversion for 2250 bloodpoints and a prestige 3 Hillbilly could make the conversion for 1500 bloodpoints.

This would solve many problems that the game has. It gives the game an additional bloodpoint sink. It gives players who've reached rank 3 with all their perks a reasonable way to stock up on add ons they actually use. It gives motivation to prestige up without making it mandatory.

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114
    Options

this doesnt belong in balance feedback

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@DukeJukem said:
    this doesnt belong in balance feedback

Of course it does. This would change the balance heavyly, because everyone would only play with top add ons.
    Any "not so good" add on would be sold and converted to more high end stuff.