Gen's need to take longer.

I am a killer main but i also play a lot of survivor, and gens get done way too fast. Even as a survivor 3-4 gens are done in 3 minutes even with the killer going to every gen. Gen rushing make a game that would take 10 minutes into a 4 minute game with 0 kils. It's so infuriating as a killer and boring as a survivor. Gens should take twice as long, especially since survivors have perks and toolboxes that make gens go by faster. Ruin doesnt help because its a hex totem, and if it doesnt get popped in 3 seconds people just tap gens and counter it anyway, and dying light only works if you camp the obession and people are altruistic enough to try and save them. It takes 80 seconds too do a gen without tools or perks, gens should take 160 seconds too be completed too make the game not feel so survivor favored.

Comments

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    darktrix said:

So you want to penalize everyone who isn't optimal in doing gens just to get at the elite swf? Go ahead and make the gens take 5 minutes to complete, some killers will still ask for more.

Sounds like a classic survivor main.
    At rank one I literally can't play anyone other than hag or Billy otherwise the game ends before I can hook more than 2 people

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

@MasonHugsCats
    You too? That's pretty much every game of mine now...

• MasonHugsCats
    @Aerys yup Micheal Clown and Pig are my favourites to play but I can only play them on rank reset untill I inevitably get back to rank 1-3
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MasonHugsCats said:
    darktrix said:

So you want to penalize everyone who isn't optimal in doing gens just to get at the elite swf? Go ahead and make the gens take 5 minutes to complete, some killers will still ask for more.

At rank one I literally can't play anyone other than hag or Billy otherwise the game ends before I can hook more than 2 people

I went all the way to rank 1 using Spirit and frequently aced with no gens done or just 1 or 2. It's really all about figuring out what killer works the best for your playstyle. Then maximizing them and picking the optimal perks based not only on your playstyle but what the survivors have etc.

If the game is ending before you can hook 1 or 2 survivors that just means you need to improve your gameplay, where the safe spots are and where they aren't. Who's a good looper and who's not, which gens you want to prioritize defending and which ones can be ignored.

There's so many things to improve on even if you generally do well you can always get better at it.

• Aerys

@MasonHugsCats
    I enjoy playing Wraith, but he's laughed at in rank 1 and 2, and since I play a lot that's where I end up despite not belonging there since I have no skill. I'm lucky if I can kill one person a game. My friend told me to play Doctor with a specific build, which I'm sure is great, but I still can't pull it off at all. It seems to me that the game puts huge emphasis on Killer Addons but then forces you to lose them every game while also making the path to get them filled with crap you don't want to use. So I end up using brown and yellow Addons that don't have enough of an effect and SWF's just stomp my face in lol. If gens were somehow more interactive than the occasional skill check but also took longer I feel like I might have a chance, or if I could easily get Addons that do something, but as is I'm having less and less fun every game as SWF's ruin the game with their toxicity.

• MasonHugsCats
    powerbats said:

@MasonHugsCats said:
    darktrix said:

I went all the way to rank 1 using Spirit and frequently aced with no gens done or just 1 or 2. It's really all about figuring out what killer works the best for your playstyle. Then maximizing them and picking the optimal perks based not only on your playstyle but what the survivors have etc.

If the game is ending before you can hook 1 or 2 survivors that just means you need to improve your gameplay, where the safe spots are and where they aren't. Who's a good looper and who's not, which gens you want to prioritize defending and which ones can be ignored.

There's so many things to improve on even if you generally do well you can always get better at it.

Not at all. Let's take the best tracker and the best loop counter. Doc and Clown. If I play the doctor I can easily find everyone but once I find them I'm infinitly looped for about 1-2 minutes no matter what I try. If I play clown I find it extremely difficult to find survivors unless they willingly show themselves to be chased. Even then those survivors are difficult to kill and a chase can still take a minute without certain rare add-ons.
  • BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

@darktrix said:

All I'm asking for is too make the game fair, and 3 gens getting done by the time 1 chase has ended is not fair. This is not even beginning to talk about how perks and addons make chases even harder. Unless you play nurse you will be lucky to kill 2 people unless the survivor team screws up. Even Billy, one of the best killers in the game, still gets pallet looped till all gens are done.

• powerbats

@BunnyTheHutt said:

@darktrix said:

All I'm asking for is too make the game fair, and 3 gens getting done by the time 1 chase has ended is not fair. This is not even beginning to talk about how perks and addons make chases even harder. Unless you play nurse you will be lucky to kill 2 people unless the survivor team screws up. Even Billy, one of the best killers in the game, still gets pallet looped till all gens are done.

See my response above and they're also ppl playing Doctor/Hag/Clown/Trapper/Myers/Pig etc at rank 1 and doing well with them. Perhaps certain killers you won't do well with and again adapting not only what you play but how you play and your map knowledge etc is equally important.

• Aerys

@powerbats
    I didn't ask to be rank 1, simply playing the game enough led me to be and now I can't play Wraith if I want to actually kill anyone. Heck I can't kill anyone most of the time anyhow without resorting to camping or tunneling, both of which I find gross to do. I may as well quit the game is what you're saying, because I don't want to play characters I don't like just because they're meta. That's one heckuva argument against balancing a broken game; Just play the ones that are broken in the other direction!

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I would be okay with adding something like you repair slower after a minute of the match starting if you haven't achieved the reunited score until then. It would go away after the score had been achieved at least once.

• powerbats

@Aerys realistically it's all about learning things in the end whether you want to hit rank one or just do better at the lower ranks. Well played Wraiths can wreak havoc at rank 1 and above, the same is true for other killers experience and knowledge are key.

• Aerys

@powerbats
    Which SWF's are you facing? I get demolished and then spat on and insulted when I play Wraith at rank 1, and to be clear I only got the game a month ago from a friend so I definitely do not belong at rank 1, I simply play enough to have obtained enough pip things and got there solely due to that, so while yes I agree there is a learning curve that must be done, one I've not fully accomplished, I still get my face kicked in almost every game. If I could drop several ranks and just play with people I can actually touch I would gladly do so, but I'm not going to dodge games like other people do and waste my and others time.

• powerbats

@Aerys Well if you're camping at rank 1 you'll get a lot of salt and most swf are generally pretty cool although there's the toxic minority out there. If you're playing at rank reset it's brutal the 1st few days because all the higher skilled players are blasting through.

As far as getting destroyed at rank 1 that can and does happen and as you admitted experience will go a long way towards helping you. Once you get enough of it under your belt swf groups for the most part aren't that bad and you can use their altruism against them.

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

Increasing the time would make the game boring. They need to add a second objective.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Increasing the generator repair timer would be really boring. I'd say make an extra objective like carrying fuel or special tools that make you slower and skillcheck get get more rapid and smaller nearing the end of a generator would make it more tense and fun.

• Ray_Penber
    Ray_Penber Member Posts: 94
    Just picked the game up a week ago so I am still a noob. Even still, gen rushing is so annoying. What I think should happen is that the entity should help the killer more than he does. Seriously, you have to hook each player 3 times and if they are gen rushing and looping that's not likely to happen. I think the more gens you complete the harder it should be. I mean it's the killers territory and survivors are able to walk all over the killer then tbag them as they escape. So when a gen is completed it should take longer to repair the next or if they are currently being worked on set them back a bit (with the entity's help of course). Maybe put dud or decoy gens in that either don't work or blow up after being completed to help slow the game. If the gens get copleted without anyone being hooked it should be brought down to being hooked twice unil the survivor dies. Just some ideas. The survivors get medkits, flashlights, chest, pallets and windows for looping. Killers should get the entity to help more.
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@powerbats said:

>

@Aerys

I think he has a good point.

As leatherface, I was stuck at rank 2-4 for a while, so this cycle I tried using all the crutches I could to help where I was failing, locating survivors. How bad? Rarely, 3-4 gens could pop before finding someone, normally 1-2.

Anyways, my plan was to use ruin to delay, and the crow perk + whispers + BBQ to track. Ruin showed me that I shouldn't spend too much time on one thing, like, don't camp the hex totem too long, abandon survs that try to loop around that big ass tree in the corn fields, etc.. The crow perk showed me that, as I approached, survivors run farther to hide than I thought, and whispers showed me that survivors often hide, then hang out, circling trees.

I refused to use these perks for so long because I thought they were no good, but they were good in helping me figure out where I was going wrong. Now, I can find survivors without these perks, and I'm not hit as hard by gen rushing unless it's a 4-man SWF.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@darktrix said:

Maybe those survivor who cant hold M1 need to git gud then?

You cant balance a game around plebs

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@powerbats said:

@MasonHugsCats said:
    darktrix said:

Its not a secret that the rank system is a joke.
    The fact that you 4k with no gens done or only 1/2 already proves that

• powerbats

@Master said:

Its not a secret that the rank system is a joke.
    The fact that you 4k with no gens done or only 1/2 already proves that

It's not a secret that you're just bad at at killer.
    The fact that you can't 4k against good survivors proves this.