The Shape: Problem? Or not?

... opinions? ...

..., GoobyNugget.

Comments

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Nope. I adore Michael ! 💗

Playing against him is hilarious especially in an indoor map and you don't know where he is 😂

• Murph
    Murph Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2021

Debatable as second worst (to trickster) or worst killer IMO. He has a gimped start with horrible mobility and 0 chase potential during the MOST IMPORTANT part of the game when all 4 survivors are at work, and having to stalk his way out to even become a powerless m1 killer hurts.

Once in tier 2 he has 0 powers at all except a small terror radius and has to give up even more time to stalk for tier three. With all that buildup, tier 3 has got to be super strong right? Nope. It's a minute of instadowns, and in that minute against good survivors Myers will never get a hit since they will play safe and shift W miles away since he is just a m1 killer at the end of the day. Oh, and if you play well and suck all the stalk from someone? ######### you, survivors have a max stalk limit. Also, common perks like spine chill hurt his only possible potential of preparing t3 and ambushing survivors.

0 pressure. Negative mobility. Tall and very noticeable. M1 power. Slow start. This guy desperately needs some buffs ASAP. Ghostface and Oni are simply better at what Myers tries to do (gf's stealth and infinite stalking, oni's 'power up' mode, oni gaining strength from survivors..) Myers has just about nothing going for him. Why do people play him, again?

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

He could really do with updating as he's pretty weak.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Yeah he's a problem. He needs to be reworked a bit. Some of his add ons are just unfair while others are useless. His power takes too long to activate.

I love his concept and him as a character but he needs to be stronger base kit no doubt about it.

I think the real problem is that he's a weird cross between stealth and snowball killer and doesn't particularly excel at either unless you pop off and survivors make fatal mistakes (Which are both valid).

I'd love to see Michael get some love and reworking to make him better. The unfair add ons I mentioned I honestly don't have a problem with as I find the tombstones pretty iconic to Myers but I just feel like BHVR might change them because of how polarizing they are. I just want most of his other bad add ons to be improved.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
  • dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Next do maps!!!

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502
    edited April 2021

He himself is weak but his addons are strong as ######### to equalize it. So their really needs to be a middle ground with him i love him as a character but just in red hes #########. (Never thought id say that to michael myers)

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

I won't be against a rework or buffs.

My personal hopes for:

Either infinite evil cap on survivors OR evil slowly restores on each survivor

Memento mori basekit (similar to PHeads memento, maybe it'll allow to kill survivors on death hook who you have stalked for a certain time)

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Wrong, worst is Trickster.

At least with Myers you get downs.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited April 2021

I main Michael and for me, the only thing I would change is fix his stalk bar bug, because that doesn’t help matters when you think you are getting a 99% stalk but goes back down to 94% when you stop.

I think power-wise he is one of the few killers whose power feels rewarding because of how much of a punch it packs but without being brain dead like other killers (Freddy,Spirit). I like that he has to work to get there and it creates an intense dynamic between survivors and him when he does.

I would probably change some of his add ons, to me more up to par and maybe even some of his meme-ey add ons could get a small buff too.

Otherwise I think he is a good place.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Pretty much agreed, he's sleeper bottom tier (outside of Trickster, probably). Say what you want about Clown, at least he has a chase power.

The problem is if the survivors have the slightest skill at looping or simply rotating their camera whilst on a gen you're in big, BIG trouble with MM.

But Almo/stats said he's fine because lolhighkillrate. The only times I lost to MM in solo nowadays is like the most recent match I played where 2 teammates rushed a hook against a EW3 Micheal.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    edited April 2021

The only problem is because most of his power is having a little radius terror and nothing else. I consider that I should have special abilities at each level depending on how much evil within that ability consumes.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Don't insult my boi like that,

He's a oldie but a goldie.

...Still does his job better than Mask face.

Oh sorry. Face Ghost,

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Ghostface is better in almost every way tbh.

I love playing Myers too but he isn’t strong

• Verconissp

I dunno bout that houstan...

People severely doubt michael,

He can expose everyone at once.

GF can only expose one at a time,

Michael already has a low terror radius.

GF can get his power broken out of very easily..

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28

You guys are using him to stalk? Lol.

My scratched mirror empowers my inner beauty.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,159

Most of the time when I'm playing killer I'm just going in as Myers and staying in tier 1 all match. I like being spooky.

• gibblywibblywoo

On paper he's better but the second you go against any survivor worth their salt, all you'll have is the 99% stalk down.

No one is staying near him when he's EW3. They'll hold W and loop you until it runs out and you're back to a Trapless Trapper.

GF can click M2 and get a free hit on most LOS breaker loops, also. Micheal is at the mercy of the survivors looping skills.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Adore as in his character persona or balance wise? We are talking about how we feel about him balance-wise (strong, weak, outdated, etc...).

• Phasmamain

Ghostface has no range falloff on stalk

GF doesn’t have a slow start

GF can crouch at loops for mindgames

GF can stop BT with his stealth

Ghostface can 99 multiple people at once

Ghostface can abuse his reveal mechanic to get easy exposes mid chase

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

The issue with Myers is that he's a regular 115% Killer with no power if the survivors don't heal and just work on gens. At least with Ghostface, you can still use his night shroud to sneak up and ambush survivors.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

GhostFace can also activate stealth whenever he wants, if its done charging, of course

• Verconissp

Michael has the lowest terror radius compared to GF with none,

Michael has a Huge snowball every Tier 3

Michael Has a vault / lunge increase in Tier 3

Michael can hugely benefit from slug builds

Michael can instantly take a person out a match

Michael can stalk through survivors to stop bodyblocking (GF can do this too. but mikey was first)

Michael is the fastest vaulter compared to GF (Wraith is faster)

and still plenty more..

• Verconissp

You can also loop GF's Exposure..

Cept like i said. Mikey does his job alot better than GF.

• gibblywibblywoo

Ghostface can stalk someone in 2 seconds without being able to be revealed with a corner peek, can 99% multiple people for insta downs. Can Shroud to remove his red stain at loops and doesn't move at 110 with no lunge for the first minute of the match.

He's better in every way, which sucks as I mained micheal when I first started. Survivors got better and he just isn't usable against anyone with a brain now.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Honestly, Myers is very underrated. He is however rather map dependant. If he's not on a map with a reasonable amount of LoS blockers he's going to struggle because he won't be able to properly take advantage of Tier 1 being permanently Undetectable or Tier 2's half size terror radius.

• Verconissp

Michael moves at 105% at t1.

Perhaps you're just not playin' michael right my guy..

I have no issues getting downs and timing my t2-t3 right,

Gf doesn't compare up to Michael imho

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

He definitely isn't the worst killer in the game, there are multiple killers worse. His T1 needs to get abolished though, it's just an unneeded hindrance. Change the scratched mirror addons to still emulate the build, but get T1 outta here.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Favourite killers to play against. Sadly a rare opponent.

• Phasmamain

He has a smaller terror radius but only has complete stealth when he is handicapped in t1

He can’t snowball when he has little in the form of anti loop and can barely catch up to survivors holding W

Vaulting speed is nice but underwhelming and lunge is okay but it isn’t enough against decent survivors especially since his TR is normal now

Really? Infectious is okay but survivors will just B line holding W and it isn’t worth chasing them at that point

Tombstone piece is arguably OP I’ll agree but tbf I’m talking about no addons since they change his playstyle a lot

GF can do that too

Again fast vault is nice but not very useful in most cases

• Verconissp
    edited April 2021

GF also doesn't have Anti-loop...

On small maps. he can easily just as snowball as ever,

You'd be surprised with all the deadzones

No addons? 60 seconds of exposed on everyone vs like 45 seconds of expose on one single person,

Which can also reset the meter if he also whacks that said survivor w/o exposing them Fully,

Mikey still wins in this situation,

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Pretty much a D Tier killer, basically fighting it out with Trapper as to who can take top spot on D Tier. At least he's better than Trickster

• Phasmamain

Ghostface has stealth/undetectable on demand

He has similar amounts to Myers. Crouching at loops and red stain removal are both decent but neither can antiloop at all

Dead zones help Ghostface equally so long as you’re either exposing them or keeping them injured

Yes and Ghostface can 99 multiple people for later on and can’t actually run out of stalking power

But Myers activates once and is forced to use the whole thing while Ghostface can stalk 3 people to 99 and pick each of them off

If they are 99 don’t reset the meter

This Isn’t even going into Ghostface other form of snowballing that being the hit and run strategy which is something Myers can’t do due to his fairly lackluster stealth ability

Not to mention Myers has a hellish start with t1 which good survivors will abuse and have multiple gens done before you even get T2

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

at least I can 4k with him unlike trickster who i get 1k to 0k every match.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

the only thing I would change is fix his stalk bar bug

Ugh that's an annoying one.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Problem. Garbage killer, crazy af add-ons to make up for it.

• SammiieK1991

Character wise.

I agree with the balance of perks! They're not too bad of perks just need to be quicker quicker activate. He's not a bad killer at all, I'd say the worst ones for me will be trapper and the trickster! Least with Michael you get that one hit bang in. And trickster takes 30 knives to down someone. 😂🤣

• SammiieK1991

Always a pleasure to play against him, turning my cam round to face behind me whilst i fix a gen and there he is to he found crouching behind me 😂 it's an instant thought of "yup I'm screwed" 🤣

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

The only problem is that he is the King and he’s not as strong as he should be.

• I think people underrate Myers. I used to do it myself, on paper he has nothing in his kit that helps him on the level that other kills have. However in practice, especially with M&A and infectious fright, its surprising how little survivors notice him coming. Slugging in tier 3 can buy him huge amounts of pressure, he can defend hooks, and he can avoid a number of dead hards unlike other m1 killers. He's not amazing but he's definitely not as bad as people think. He just takes some getting used to and the confidence to slug a lot.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462
    edited April 2021

My only problem with Myers is slow game start with T1. It is kinda sometimes cool because you could grab a survivor of gen, but I don't remember when that happened last time.

Killer without addons is too weak.

Killer with addons -- is OP. I like his OP addons, so I would rather not strive to update the killer, remembering the last Billy rework with useless new addons... meh

• gibblywibblywoo

Been playing him for 4 years. I know what he is and isn't capable of. He's extremely outdated at this point, you only win if the survivors let you.

• Verconissp

I've been playin him since he came out.. it's still not that hard to even try and win with michael nowadays in pub games my friend..

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

"He's at the mercy of the loop"

Yeah.....so is every other M1 killer in the game....and I haven't seen any issue since infinites are gone.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Honestly if they were to update Michael in anyway without nerfing the ######### out of his kit. They'd remove the speed debuff.

• gibblywibblywoo

True. But whilst some killers can only be beaten by the absolute top tier of survivors in the hands of a good killer (nurse, spirit) any half decent team can absolutely cream a micheal player if they have a decent grasp of looping. At that point all Micheal has going for him is a 99% stalk, which once triggered has to be built again.

He's like Legion, his success is entirely dependant on the survivors misplays. I can play as him and easily win against solo, but I can point out every situation where they gave me the win.