Brand New Part REWORK

Options

A BNP needs to be less costly - very rare and 7000 BP is bit much considering how much you nerfed it. At the very least, if you're going to charge 7000 BP, lighten up on the insane skill checks and/or allow wrenches to widen the skill check zones.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Either buff it or lower the cost.
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Personally I'd make it so those objects give a tremendous buff to repairing/healing but increase charge consumption by 100%, basically only being usable with something that increases charges by a large amount as well. The idea of instant healing/repairing is nice and all but it's sad that it wastes the item altogether. Maybe that's just me though and my wanting to hoard all sorts of nice looking things.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

After they adressed the genrush issue, sure BNP can be buffed a bit

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@Master said:
    After they adressed the genrush issue, sure BNP can be buffed a bit

yes first freddy rework then genrush nerf than hatch? maybe

• Slaymore
    Slaymore Member Posts: 495
    Options

@Whispers23 said:
    No. They need to slowdown the gen rush and not make it easier.

Killer has plenty of perks for that - I have no issues playing killer with being gen rushed. Heard of Hex Ruin? Thana? You might have to drop one of your crutch perks (Nurse's or BBQ) but there is a way.

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Slaymore said:

@Whispers23 said:

Killer has plenty of perks for that - I have no issues playing killer with being gen rushed. Heard of Hex Ruin? Thana? You might have to drop one of your crutch perks (Nurse's or BBQ) but there is a way.

If you weren't playing killer at rank 1 (and I'm assuming that as it seems you play killer more casually than survivor) you don't know the issues of gen rushing. Right now if two people use the brand new part and the team aren't complete imbeciles they should have the gate open before 1-2 people have been hooked
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

@Slaymore said:

@Whispers23 said:

You said ruin? Maybe you are playing another game because ruin can be destroyed in seconds most of the time. And why the hell you want to force one side to choose a perk all the time just to temporarily fix something broken?

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I play both sides my dude. Grow up!

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

I agree the attacks aren't necessary, but I play both sides as well and know that Survivor Gen rushing is indeed a problem and BNP's don't help the issue in the slightest, and while the perks you mentioned to slow things down sometimes, given a good group and the heavy rng of ruin they can pose little to no problem at all. It all depends on how long it takes to chase a Survivor too, which varies form Killer to Killer, some have it pretty rough (like Freddy) while others don't (like Nurse). If your chase takes long the other three people can easily repair 2 to 3 Gens while you hook even a single person, and as a single person you can't patrol all Gens either to stop them while also chasing, so Survivors with perks and toolboxes for their repair speed are able to easily Gen Rush most Killers.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    I feel that the BNP was nerfed too much, but definately needed to be roped in from its original version. Currently, it's not satisfying to use or worth the bp cost, and I will generally pick a brown mist offering over the BNP in my web :/ I don't have any good ideas on how to adjust it, but I definately don't enjoy using it. I hope they will consider taking another look at it after gen rushing is tended to.
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    Brand New Part is not worthy to be an ultra rare add-on, since it does not give any exceptional help to the survivor equipping it.

I suggest a rework to make it as useful as an ultra rare add-on is supposed to be, without restoring the instant repair. Brand New Part triggers five tremendous skill checks (like Overcharge), one every two seconds: a success grants 20% repair progression, while a failure causes an explosion. Toolbox and New Part are lost at the end of the installation or if you interrupt the action or fail a skill check.