NOED NEEDS A NERF YOU BABY KILLERS!!!! BHVR!!!!

Options

Comments

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369
    Options

“For 3 gens straight” is what I read. That’s not the entire game. In the reds, that’s the first 90 seconds. BTW not blaming on the op at all, it’s just that is that simple to prevent NOED you don’t get to complain about it. Blame the teammates then, not the killer and not the devs.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

Because the point of NOED to one-shot Survivors in the end game. It is working as intended.

The point of Decisive Strike was to stop tunneling, but it was being used as a form of immunity for 60 seconds, so it was reworked to be a proper anti-tunneling perk.

NOED requires no change because it is doing exactly what it was meant to.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

Then maybe they shouldn't blame the perk but their teammates. But most survivor simply blame the opposition like killers but the latter don't have teammates to put the blame on and survivor started to just look at most problem like they would be playing killer and don't look at their teammates anymore. And I know that random teammates in soloQ are a mixed bag with the current rank based matchmaking.

• Just_Alex
    Just_Alex Member Posts: 57
    Options

I don't see the issue here. If you can't take those 14 seconds to cleanse a totem, maybe you deserve to get downed by noed in endgame. I don't complain about Noed because I know that it's my fault for not doing secondary objectives.

When I'm playing solo I try to avoid chases so I can hunt totems. When I play duo, my friend always brings Detective's Hunch so we can find and cleanse them fast enough between gens.

If you're having trouble finding them you should bring Small Game, Detective's or a Map. I doubt that you have 4k hours because I never heard someone complain about Noed with at least 1k hours (unless they were one of those super entitled Survivor mains).

Also, DS was a free shield and a cheap excuse for bad Survivors. The "nerf" was deserved after the abuse, since it's an anti-tunnel perk and not a "free gens all day" card. Besides all this, the devs stated at some point that Noed is fine as is, iirc.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Starting the game lit would just kill the perk. But you could instead just expose people who didnt cleanse a dull totem during the game.

So everyone is responsible for their own demise. However, it might kill inner strength.

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

If you need to equip noed consistently to achieve kills, you are a bad killer, im afraid.

Survivors that are good as individuals are barely falling for noed.

You might secure your 1k, for sure, but if you get more than a 2k, it is because they fed you. Not because you were good.

Any further discussion about noed is way beyond pointless.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

All these people with "do bones", but if they read the thread they'd know OP was looping for 3 gens, how are they supposed to do bones while looping?

• Marigoria
    Options

People expect you to rush gens as a "counter" to facecamping, but then you do, get hit with noed and they say "do bones".

You can't win with some people.

• vindictive
    vindictive Member Posts: 21
    Options

There is a simple solution for NOED: Cleanse the freaking totems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Ranchor, Noed, and bloodwarden, no way out, remember me should all be base kit smh

• MidnightOnyx
    MidnightOnyx Member Posts: 24
    Options

May I show you the perk adrenaline that does the same thing (give a free boost when gens are done) for survivors but weaker? NOED is a second chance perk just like most survivor perks. So before you rework the one (I think?) Killer second chance perk that is decently good you should rework all the survivor second chance perks because they give too much power just for existing.

• Inky43
    Inky43 Member Posts: 3
    Options

So Noed will be forever in my Heart! I catch a Hacker and killed him after the Gens got done in 5 Seconds

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

NOED is fine. Survivors just need a totem counter, even if they lock it behind the small game perk.

people can’t magically know if someone else has done some bones (unless they are cheating) and that means people can only do the bones they come across. Anything else and you might be chasing ghosts.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

There's been plenty of killer perk nerfs lol, infact it actually took a few years for them to nerf your prized possession in the first place. Get real.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

NOED is mostly fine. We need two things. One is a totem counter, and two is for the exposed effect to be shown as soon as NOED becomes active rather than finding out after you've been downed by it. The fact that it's a hex perk and doesn't activate until endgame means it needs to be a strong perk.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited April 2021
    Options

Easier said than done, Hex Perks need the survivor to do one bone to deactivate it. NOED on the other hand, requires 5 bones to be deactivated. In solo queue, survivors cannot keep track of which bones have and haven't been done, so either survivors waste time finding bones that have already been done (giving the killer ample time to win) or survivors are forced to trigger NOED in the endgame to avoid wasting time. It's a lose lose situation unless it's a SWF who can keep track of bones. You can use perks to avoid NOED, but why waste a perk slot for a perk the killer could potentially not be using. Killers don't need perks to handle DS, so I expect the same for NOED.

I have nothing against NOED, but it should function differently, I have an idea on how to change it, but I don't want to make this comment into a persudo thread. 😅

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,997
    Options

Someone with 2k hours and mains both sides, just do bones and it literally cannot spawn, try detectives hunch out and maybe you won’t get downed by a semi-useful perk

• Fenn
    Fenn Member Posts: 33
    Options

Just cleans totems.. It's really not that hard.

• Marigoria
    Options

Tell me how would they cleanse totems while in a chase for 3 gens, like they claim they were

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

A good survivor would never complain about NOED. And it should be basekit for killers because then totems needs cleansing also, that makes games a bit longer and more interesting.

As survivor I'm getting bored with all the bad players complaining about this and that. You are not ment to win every game, and if you die the other three might escape and the team won anyway.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,386
    Options

Never take noed its mostly useless since most survivors in red fear it and get the totems done along side gens. The only problem i have with noed is im a solo player and i cleanse 4 totems with DH and I get hit with noed and just die on hook by facecamp. Sorry i couldn't get all 5 game! But idk how thatd honestly ever feel fair so meh.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

I just want to say that if you think NOED is so OP, play killers matches yourself using this perk.

After a couple you'll realize how situational and low tier this perk is.

Annoying? Could be, but it's not impactful.

The literal only reason I've ever run this perk has been to do end-game builds, or to punish gen rush.

The latter is a reasonable way of using the perk: if you are afraid of gen rush, NOED can punish it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Laughs in Detective's Hunch.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Laughs in Detective's Hunch.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    Options

Giving a leg up for killers that are less than top tier?

every killer can be top tier with the right player

and every killer can be useless in the hands of a bad player.

noed encourages killers to not get better at the game.

just like the former version of DS did.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Not a realistic solution, you would never get value out of it.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,507
    Options

I really don't have an issue with NOED, it's a perk that can be removed from the game before the killer gets any use out of it, it also means that the killer is down a perk throughout the entirety of the match. It's not a perk that I use because I prefer to use perks that will help me during the main portion of the game, specifically information perks or chase perks but I certainly don't begrudge anyone for using it...and I don't think the perk is in too bad a place right now with the fact that it already received heavy nerfs from it's initial release.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

It’s initial release?

lt initially only lasted 2 minutes before it deactivated.

and you needed tier 3 to make it a one shot.

with no EGC survivors would hide for 2 minutes before activating the doors, rendering it absolutely useless.

lt has been far from nerfed in any way.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,507
    Options

nope NOED was active from the moment the last gens were completed without any timer on initial release of the game. It was constantly paired with Bitter Murmur at the time, so the killer saw where everyone was at the end of the match. And whilst you are correct that T3 was needed to make it one shot, there were a lot less perks in the game so most players had NOED T3 very early on. It also used to decrease cooldown attacks whether those hits were a success or missed.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

It's a shame that the 3 other mates failed to do the bones. And it's frustrating, yes yes.

But If I die to Noed so be it. I'm more mad at my random mates if they feed the killer a 4k while they are trying to rescue me.

I don't mind a little rework for Noed. I want it to be a useful endgameperk while not being a cheap way to get an 4k.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,366
    Options

Ah yes 3 gens, the entire match no time to do totems. Also OP is not the only survivor in the match, apparently no one else could do bones. Its the teams fault as a whole, not just OP.

I can break 2-3 totems every game solo and NoED still procs. Do I blame the killer for running NoED? No, I blame my potato team for not doing 2 totems between the 3 of them.

Most of the totem spots are right next to gens or in predictable spots, its not hard to take 2 seconds to check if it's there when you pass by. Not to mention the tools you have to help you find them via perks and maps.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

I think NOED should be removed but it isnt all that OP just annoying.

• Meg_Main
    Meg_Main Member Posts: 28
    Options

"me with over 4000h" yet here you are complaining about noed.

if it weren't for your insolent "there is no unhooking/bones, there is only m1 on gen" this wouldn't happen. Something else, just leave. I guarantee you that the killer you were facing at green ranks didn't care you escaped. So many people cry about NOED when it is easily avoidable if you just gtfo!

• Marigoria
    Options

People with a lot of hours in this game cant complain about it?

I guess you have to have under 10 hours to complain now I guess... but they you say you have under 10 hours, and people say you don't have enough. Which one is it?

• Marigoria
    Options

So what youre saying is that it is a solo Q problem, like a lot of issues in this game are.

Also no, not all totems are obvious. Try to find them on saloon or midwich.

• MrPenguin
    edited April 2021
    Options

No its not a solo problem its a lazy survivor problem. If all the survivors would just learn and check the spots when they pass by its no big deal. You don't need communication to check the spots.

Also I specifically said most totems. Please read before you try and make a counterpoint. You know what I did? I ran small game to learn the totem spots, and then took it off once I did. Some maps I understand, but the majority of the maps are pretty easy. You having problems use one of the totem finding tools.

• Marigoria
    Options

No, it's a solo problem. It's like saying if you lose against a swf because gens were fast is because you were lazy to patrol gens.

Calling people "lazy" isnt a valid argument, specially when it comes to solo q.

• MrPenguin
    Options

How is checking a totem spot comparable to gen speeds going too fast? What?

What does solo q have to do with checking these spots? If I can break 2-3 totems on my own with no communication, what's stopping my teammates?

• Marigoria
    Options

I could break 4 totems in solo Q and no one else breaking the last one, while i'm busy with everything else in that time (gens + saves + chases).

How is that ME being lazy? It is a my team mates being "lazy". So yes, it is a problem in solo Q.

• MrPenguin
    edited April 2021
    Options

Team based game, thems the breaks. While you weren't lazy, 3/4 of you team was, therefore your team overall was lazy and you all suffered for it.

Maybe if survivors would stop blaming the killer and actually do the totems and blame each other for them not getting done, more survivors would actually do it.

Still not a solo q problem in any way.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,997
    Options

They don’t need to, they have teammates

also if it was a 3 gen chase, that means they had free time between the first 2 gens to go totem busting

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options
  • Marigoria
    Options

"they have team mates" is only a valid complaint in SWF.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Do bones and no am not a killer main i am a survivor main

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2021
    Options

NOED is nowhere near OP.

It's only activate after the gates are powered, which means killers have to fight through the entire match with 3 perks.

Not only that, if totems are all destroyed or the hex totem gets destroyed, then you lose your clutch.

Even if you are able to hook someone with NOED and others survivors struggle to find the totem, they could give up and just leave.

It's a hight risk / high return perk, nowhere near OP.

That's why you rarely see red rank killers with NOED.