Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to fix dead hard

Chilli_man2400
Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893
edited January 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

the most simple way to fix this perk is to just remove the invincibility just make the perk a dash forward to avoid a hit no more dashing into the killer to nullify a hit and no more dashing through bear traps just make it a dash forward to avoid hit perk or here’s option 2

OPTION 2. Keep it the same but if you hit someone while they dash into you they get the deep wound status effect but keep it so if they dash into a trap they get caught

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060
    edited January 2021

Not good enough. Also give it an animation lock after use. So it can't just be used to artificially extend a chase with no skill required by dead harding for distance (which has no counter) to a vault or a pallet. Once they dead hard, they can't just throw a pallet or vault something. Problem solved.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Just make it so you can't vault/pallet for a few seconds after a dead hard and it's perfect.

Dead Hard to dodge can be baited and is rewarding to pull off.

Dead Hard for distance is brainless.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Dead hard is fine how it is.

• Chilli_man2400
  • Chilli_man2400

Because I only focused on the part where it just makes you invincible but didn’t focus on how you can just dash then vault that would be a good change to make it so if you dead hard you can’t vault or drop pallets for 1.5 seconds

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Oh #########, I misread your first response as "I don't think that's a good change"

My brain's animorphing into a koala brain, sorry about that.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I just get sick and tired of being exhausted on the ground. The amount of times that Dead Hard goes off but does literally nothing has infuriated me for the past few days.

When I play Killer, I don't mind DH. I know others do, but I don't. Still, a small fix to remove any abuse wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Chilli_man2400

It’s alright btw Dead hard is getting changed in the mid chapter but it’s only going to fix the animation and coding of the perk cause of dedicated servers

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Dead Hard should exhaust you and leave you twitching on the ground even if the killer doesn't swing at you.

lull them into a false sense of security. Yeah.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

This change is bad and would kill the perk. It would have the same effect as dead harding in the open with no pallet or vault it wouldn't have any impact to the killer at all. You might as well as not have dead harded.

I think dead hard is fine as is and experienced players wouldn't have a problem with dead hard but if you really want to change it you should rework the exhaustion status effect all together or leave it and make dead hard a limited number of uses like on a token system.

• Chilli_man2400

They nerfed exhaustion perks they nerfed borrowed time they nerfed DS 3 times and they nerfed Mettle of man

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

How would it kill the perk? Having someone dodge your attack with dead hard can devastating. The servers make it hard to use like that but I see it work all the time, and it can be a gamechanger when it does. All removing Dead Hard for distance does is make sure you actually have to use your brain when you press E.

If removing the part of the perk with no counterplay is going to kill it, then it needs a serious overhaul anyway.

• dspaceman20

Making It so that you cannot throw down pallets or vault anything after using dead hard would make it useless. Imagine your at a loop and you dead hard but can't throw down the pallet, what time will that by you and your team? What impact would it have on the killer? You might as well have not used the perk at all since it would have done nothing.

Dead Hard is also already countered by lunging so it would be more useless in a chase if this change was made. There are other better alternatives other than that terrible suggestion.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

You know what you do when you dead hard and dodge an attack?

You make distance.

Say this action lock lasts 3 or so seconds. You can't just make a quick dash right into a window/pallet right as they're about to get you and be safe because you pressed E and they can't do anything about it. But a missed attack's cooldown is 1.5 seconds, running survivor speed is 4 meters per second, and the dash already covers a good distance, which means a dodged attack is going to buy somewhere around 10 seconds as a base, assuming everyone's just walking in a straight line.

As you might be aware, 10 is more than 3.

You dead hard dodge in a loop? You continue the loop. You can easily run the action lock timer out in a loop with the distance you make dodging. Even better, you could make it to another loop. Risk, reward.

Dead hard to DODGE is countered by baiting it. Dead hard for DISTANCE is countered by nothing. You can't just lunge it.

Is this making sense yet?

• Chilli_man2400

I’m talking about the original BT when it only activated once and it gave the bleed out timer to both the hooked and rescuer survivor

• dspaceman20

There is a problem here. Your first part is with the assumption that the killer swing, the survivors use dead hard and the killer misses an attack. What you have described is using dead hard to dodge which you have already said is countered by baiting. Adding anymore counters would destroy this aspect of the perk making it useless. Furthermore you also have to take bloodlust into account since if the killer has gained bloodlust (which they can get quickly) they can destroy that 10 second time the survivor gained and down you quickly.

For your second part you say "continue the loop" however that is easier said then done since different maps have different loops length and different jungle gym length meaning that it you won't be able to continue the loop, making dead hard useless.

For your 3rd part you say dead harding for distance has no counter because you can't lunge it. However from my long time of playing it and observing it from other players( from both killers and survivors side) lunge can most definitely counter the distance. There has been many time in which I and other players have dead harded to a pallet or a window but still have been hit and downed because the killer was able to time his lunge perfectly in order to negate the "overpowering" dead hard for distance. You can lunge it if you time it correctly, which experience killers can.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Yes. I assume that when you use dead hard, you do it to dodge the attack. Whether or not it hits is where the skill component of the perk comes in. The killer CAN predict it just like a survivor CAN predict that and wait for the swing. It not always working having a counter that plays on the prediction and skill of both killer and survivor isn't a problem, it makes it fun and fair. It's a risk the survivor takes for a potentially great reward. This seems to be the part you're not getting.

And yes, in some situations it's harder to continue the loop than others. But with the sheer time a dead hard dodge buys you, unless there's literally no pallet or window and you're just looping around a couple trees you're gonna have a hard time finding me loops that you actually can't make it to the pallet/window of, even with bloodlust. Even if it's only another 10 seconds, it's STILL another 10 seconds. Which makes it worth it.

And.. no, you're not getting it. If they close enough to hit someone dead harding for distance, they just plain did it way too late. Like, right on top of them way too late. If someone does it properly, IE when they're far too far away to lunge at, you can't counter it. You couldn't lunge it before the dash, you sure can't after. If they didn't dead hard for the distance, you would have gotten them when they tried to vault the window. That's free uncounterable chase time because E.

Am I getting through yet?

• dspaceman20

Firstly your skill point you are trying to push seems literally impossible. Please tell me how exactly the survivors is supposed to predict the swing when the killer is literally on your back? Logically speaking the closer you are to the person the less time it takes for the swing to connect. Human reaction time is not fast enough in order for the survivor to predict when the killer is if they are close. Sure it's risk vs reward but thr risk is so impossible that it makes the reward not worth it or possible to achieve, making the perk useless. What your suggesting is like jumping an impossible bridge. The risk is that you could fall and die but the rewards is that if you make it you can get to where your going in time. While completely ignoring that the bridge is too wide to cross.

Secondly the situation your describing is dead hard for dodging which you said has a counter.

Thirdly if the person was not in lunge distance of the survivors would have made it to the pallet anyways with or without dead hard. The fact that they used dead hard id irrelevant. Your not getting the fact that there is already skill involved in using and countering dead hard for distance, that skil being that you have to accurately judge the distance of your lunge in order to get a successful hit regardless of if they dead harded for distance. That is skillful.

And stop saying "am j getting through yet" its rude.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

M m m m m m m m m m m .

Nope, I tap out. You win DbD, dude.

• dspaceman20

I'm sorry if I'm being rude that made you want to stop converting. I'm into discussions and I thought we were having one, you made a claim, I made a counter claim , you made a counter counter claim and so on and so forth. I just wasn't convinced by your claim.

Look I don't want to give off the impression that I'm a survivor main who want to bully the killer and make survivor easier and killer impossible to play. I want balance for both sides to make it fair and if a perk desperately needs to be changed to make killer more bearable then I will agree with that. Better killer experience is better for survivors as well. I want as much people to play the game and have fun and intense matches.

So won't you please come back uwuuuu?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Give it the exact same restriction the Killer version has: You get 1 charge per finished generator. Heck, give it the same distance the killer one gets to balance things out.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746

Late answer but i found it interesting that dead hard is countered by just doing a lung edue to the shittiest desync problems ive probably ever seen in a game! I hope they fix it soon so stop crying about how "broken" it is when lithe, balanced landing or SB is better

• countering dead hard for distance is already in the game, its called blood lust

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

The only change that dead hard needs it is to stop letting you exausted on ground lol