Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Im not playing agaisnt nurse. Sorry.

2»

Comments

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

The one thing I like about her is the fact she can blink into the basement.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

I got 4.500 hours in DBD more or less. About 30-50 must be as Nurse. I'm far from "main". My point is, if you know how to play and the basics of the game well / maps, she really is nothing too difficult to master. People really exaggerate how much skill it takes. They make it sound like she's like getting a Master's Degree

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175
    edited April 2021

Well there's 2 sides of this that people are split on, at least from what I've seen on these forums.

One side of argument thinks you should care about other's enjoyment of the game, engage the killer/don't gen rush, don't DC cause it ruins it for the others, killers shouldn't camp or tunnel, etc.

The other side of the argument is that this is a Multiplayer game and you do what you need to do/be selfish and not worry about others. Whether that means slugging, camping, tunneling because as they put it 'you are the killer and your objective is to kill', the same can be said about survivors because their objective is to escape and that means getting those gens done as fast as possible.

Play how you want, but its funny when you see a thread of people saying you should care about others and make it enjoyable for everyone involved and then there are threads that go the complete opposite direction, basically giving a middle finger to everyone with that mindset lol.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

as much as i hate it, sometimes you dont really have a choice (unless you dont mind a double depip+5 min- 6 hour penalties)

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I'm the opposite: I'd rather face Nurse than any other killer on the roster. I find the matches the most fun, and even if it's a good Nurse at least the chases are usually entertaining. I don't have to worry about pallets being up or not, slower base movement speed, mind games in full force, etc.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

That might be your opinion. I absolutely disagree and while she’s certainly more difficult than most killers, that doesn’t inherently make her difficult. Because most killers are dumb easy.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Remember when she could blink on top of the shack?

Good times. 😁

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

I think you should just stop playing the game. Either you're burned out or you think you should win every game. Either way you're ruining the game for 4 other players so do them a favour and uninstall

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

Mad cuz bad

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125

The nurse is my favorite killer. It's fun to guess where she is going to blink.

When she gasps, get ready to pick an unexpected direction. Turn around and run back to her. Then switch it up when she starts to expect that. Run towards pallets and windows then veer off to bait blinks. Use her fatigue time wisely and get into a position to make her guess again. If she's using you for target practice she's wasting a ton of time! There is nothing more satisfying than frustrating a nurse into just walking you down. Every killer will down you eventually but you can make Sally work hard for it.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

First game last night after a 5 min wait

Player 1 D/C after about 20 seconds. I heard Nurse blink twice. They didn't fancy it.

2 man swf (double D/C) about 20 seconds later

So 1 v 1 against a nurse then ...... good practice for both of us ..... nah, nurse DC'd too.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

If I can stay healthy, I can usually stay out of the Nurse's reach after the first hit by just "holding W." That nerf with the Blink cooldown made it a lot more difficult for her to catch up. Then I use Empathy to watch every other teammate try to do fancy moves around loops and stuff, the things they do against normal killers, and they go down in seconds.

Now, if no one heals me, then I'm usually screwed the next time Nurse finds me, she always manages to get that first hit. Holding w until she drops chase and goes after someone else and getting healed before I get back on a gen, those two things can really help keep me alive. When she's about to Blink on top of your ass, try to be unpredictable, don't do the same stuff each time because any halfway decent Nurse will remember what you do so they can predict your next move.

Nurse is interesting, she really requires survivors to play in a different way from their usual. DbD's gameplay is soooo repetitive, I like that she changes things up. And if the Nurse is really good and we survivors have no chance, well, the match won't last long anyway, so what's it matter.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

I love playing against Nurse, even if I die.

I went against two red rank Nurses in a row recently and both times everyone escaped. (Playing solo btw. I don't want anyone to assume I was playing with friends and somehow had an advantage).

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

Literally just run towards the nurse when she raises her arm to blink....and keep an eye on if she raises it again when she leaves her blink. It doesn't work all the time of course but I had a match yesterday where that was a successful tactic/counter to a decent nurse for a good 2 minutes. Don't abandon your teammates.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

My problem with Nurse is that I can't outloop her, even for a reasonable amount of time. Of course I'm not supposed to loop a killer for 5 gens, but I can't seem to loop a decent Nurse for half a gen on my best day. So what can I do? Hope that she misblinks by doubling back and being inconsistent with my movement, or hiding which I detest. She doesn't have any REAL counters, unlike every other killer in the game.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Your problem is, you are trying to loop a Nurse. You want as much distance and objects between you and the Nurse at all times. Looping an object gives away your position and the distance between you and the Nurse is very close. Short blinks are harder to dodge because it takes less time to charge and travel. Long blinks takes time to charge and you can see where she is traveling.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You literally just listed counters and then said you just don't like one of them.

• danielmaster87

They're not counters. If you're stealthing, you might as well not be in the match, because you're not being productive and you're not running the killer. And sure, I can be tricky with my movement, but after fooling a Nurse once with that because she was testing for my skill level, there's no guarantee she falls for it again. She'll just use her precise mouse movements to react perfectly, and be given a generous hit by the game as usual.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Nurse really isn't that bad. Looping Nurse is more fun than any other killer, mostly because I'm a rank 5 survivor and all the nurses I get are kind of "questionable," but juking out a nurse and losing them is the most exhilarating experience in the game.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited April 2021

Yeah, but you're not supposed to be able to juke any killer forever, and Nurse is one of those killers you'll never juke for super long if they're good. Most Nurse's are average at best, which makes them all slightly dealt with for a bit if you just break LoS and maintain distance.

You can still juke a Nurse far easier than you can juke a Huntress/Deathslinger, and at least a Nurse takes a bit more effort than most to get her hits. Most people just make excuses and are terrible at putting these things into practice, so they just scream OP.

• danielmaster87

I did say I shouldn't be able to juke her forever. She ignores walls and structures. But you've got it backwards. It is way easier to juke Deathslinger and Huntress than it is to juke a Nurse blink. Those ranged killers need line of sight. The Nurse can blink through whatever is blocking her line of sight, see you, and then blink a second time for a confirmed hit.

• danielmaster87

Hahahaha! Whatever dude. "Good Nurse players are easy to dodge." Do you even play survivor?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It seems you think "stealth" is about doing nothing, forever. You couldn't be more wrong. Besides, if, as you claim, Nurse can't be looped, then why does it matter if you're having her chase you or not?

• danielmaster87

It's not doing nothing forever, but this scenario happens: I hear Nurse coming, I hide, she looks around, leaves, I get back on the gen. But then she fakes leaving and I'm out in the open, and get chased anyway. Or I manage to hide every time, and now me and 1 other survivor are the only ones alive and I haven't even been hooked yet, so now we lose.

It does matter if she does chase you. While hiding is more likely to keep you alive longer, it doesn't waste as much of her time as running from her. There's no looping her, simply running and hoping she downs you in 30 seconds instead of 20. Those few precious seconds give the other survivors time to gen rush, that is if they're not busy healing. If by some chance everyone else is on a gen while she gets her quick chases on you, y'all might be able to have 1 or 2 people escape that match.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Every time I go against a Nurse I’ll stealth most of the trial and she’ll never find me, and I will die in the end because my three teammates will play bold and cocky without even attempting to hide, and try to loop her like they’d do with a Billy.

If you REALLY have a problem against the Nurse start running stealth perks and try not to get in a chase in the first place. Funny thing about her is if she doesn’t find you with her blink she then has to look around with her slow movement speed. If she doesn’t find you she will go away because she’ll feel there’s no time to waste.

Iron Will, Q&Q, Distortion, hell even Urban can be quite useful against a Nurse. You need to realize good Nurse players are used to focus on chase potential, not on finding people. IF you get in chase with her, I feel other comments have already covered everything.

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60

I mean that's what I do if I see a lobby full of cross plays or a. Ttv survivor

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

and clearly you don't care about other survivors.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

Most Survivors prefer it to play against a Nurse, because she requires a lot more skill then playing a perkless Survivor.

There is so many counter play potential, which most good survivors or even survivors from rank 10-5 know pretty well.

If you play it right = you win

if you let the nurse snowball = you lose

Its a s simple as that. Nurse used to be too strong, but she isnt anymore. Its the players that are very good, not the Nurse. The Nurse just provides a good amount of Utility to great Players, so they can do their stuff they need to do in order to have a chance against good survivors/swf.

Even the nerfed spirit is stronger then the Nurse.

• danielmaster87

I do exactly that and it doesn't matter, so those godlike Nurses you speak of are not rare at all. There's more good Nurses than bad ones, even though people pretend it's the other way around.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

But Spirit huh?

Oh yea I forgot. Nurse has certain points where you can see what she's doing and react to her. Unlike Spirit where it doesnt matter what you do. Gonna like the gambling addictets.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189

That's not a counter a good nurse will just go into fatigue and then you get hit anyway

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189

Nurse imo is fun to play against. Even a good nurse I have a lot of fun with but that's because I have a lot of experience with her. You have to be unpredictable and make her read you. With most killers it's on the survivor to read the killer and if the survivor reads correctly they survive. Nurse is the only killer where she is in control. The nurse needs to read you in order to get hits unless you're in the open. That's why blocking LOS and being unpredictable is so crucial against her. I never have a bad game against a nurse imo she's fun and it's a refreshing gameplay switch because you have to change how you play completely.