No SWF You Aren’t That Good

Options

Love how high ranking SWF act like they are so amazing. Tbagging, flashlight clicking etc. Most aren’t good at the game and if you weren’t constantly on comms feeding your team info, which btw is going outside the game to gain an advantage, more than likely your whole team would be dead before you even 3 gen. So sick of SWF. Every SWF I encounter acts so high and mighty like they are godS of the game.

Comments

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

Babes, no.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

Most of the SWF tell me to my face they are SWF and lord it over me.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I never have a good experience with SWF. And what’s worse is they say crap like “you were so bad we didn’t even need to be SWF.” Etc etc

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

It will happen. The problem is that the other 25% will beat you and show you that you can only win bc most of the time survivor are bad.

But it can depend on when you play. Some get easier survivor in the evening, some in the morning.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

yeah but win they finally buff solo q, and it’s definitely coming, then my win rate will be even worse. Killers will have even a harder time

• Dragonshensi
    edited April 2021
    Options

Oh I have threads where I’m not complaining. Those get no responses. People only want to discuss the negative thus that’s what is commented on. What is there to ask advice for? Advice on my last match where it was a 4 man SWF all red ranks and one was a rank 1 streamer? Advice on how if I don’t down a survivor in less than a couple of seconds of the chase I need to give up cause the other three are all working on separate gens? What possible advice besides maybe perk suggestions, could you offer against a team of SWF with thousands of hours into the game? I talked to them after the match. They were obviously very good friends and worked insanely well on comms.

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

Some people get their fun making others miserable. This game is full of that. Don't let them ruin it for you tho, be better than them.

• Dragonshensi
    Options
  • Dragonshensi
    Options

I admit I may spend too much time on chases but it’s a legit waste of time to injure someone, then just leave and try to find someone else, then they immediately get healed. So my time was doubly wasted.

• Dragonshensi
    edited April 2021
    Options

The only one I’m decent at is Wraith. I’ve tried Deathslinger and Demo and while I like them they aren’t very viable for me in high ranks. Sometimes Plague too.

• TicTac
    Options

They didnt buff solo for 5 years. So why do you think it will come soon? I think we get more killer buffs before a potential solo buff.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Because buffing solo q has been making the rounds now more than ever. Youtubers are even talking about it again and most posts are about buffing solo q. I’m just betting it will happen soon.

• TicTac
    Options
  • ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited April 2021
    Options

That is absolutely not the only redeemable factor about Demo's shred. His zoning is some of the best out of any killer, he's not hindered when feathering his shred he can do it whenever he wants with no cooldown. T-L's, shack and long walls are a death sentence. You can abuse the car collision to get completely unexpected free hits. Eating pallets is just one good thing about his shred. And keep in mind he's 115% and has a map-wide teleport ability on a 14 second cooldown on top of ambiguous TR music that is hard to listen for with monitor.

The fact that people think this killer is weak, even going as far to say he's the weakest, blows my mind.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

Most SWF teams aren't a death squad and they're overly altruistic, I literally 3-4k most of my games but Im also a slugger when I play killer, the problem is people take what happens in game personal and the reality is they aren't caring that you're a person they're just trying to get some laughs in whether they escape or die on hook, the ones that get me are the ones that wanna talk alot on the endgame after a hatch escape like they were a good survivor for finding the hatch or bringing a key, the keys don't bother me but if you bring one and have to use it with half your team dead and barely anything done you've lost any credibility to smack talk

• Skaty
    Skaty Member Posts: 66
    Options

I'm here to talk about small pp energy xD

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

It's a psy-op. Basically, they are just trying to tilt you so you don't think clearly and make mistakes as a result.

Designated chasers/runner/loopers/huge-nerds do the same thing. Get your attention, mess with your feelers, and try to force you into drawn-out engagements to burn the timer.

In that regard, it's just another mind-game, but it's intended to coax out mistakes rather than bad guesses. Personally, I try to laugh it off and play as normal. Doesn't ALWAYS work, but works most of the time. If the SWF is THAT GOOD, I'll lose. Oh well.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,479
    Options

I'm all for this post game, as it would open up a few eyballs and remove all doubt. Pre-game no way those teams would never get a lobby, but after heck yeah!

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

That don't have to be a SWF to be ######### they just have to be arrogant. If I'm ever accused of being in a swf I'll admit it but 99% of the time it's just my wife and I and some killers thought we were a 4k. You get to a high enough rank as survivor a majority of the time your teammates (who aren't on comms) know what to do without communication the only slight disadvantage would be not knowing that the killer is camping. Otherwise most good survivors will focus on gens if they're not in contact with the killer. If they see someone going for a hooked survivor they'll turn around and go back to work on a gen.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    edited April 2021
    Options

Red ranks doesnt mean they are good SWF, most of that groups are just carried people Who can't hold a Chase more than 20-30 secs. Maybe 15-20% of SWF are Death Squads and IMO they play at night, betwen 3 AM to 8 AM London Hour is the hard time to play, when I face most of this Squads full of toxic players (Russians the most) .

Just look for the weak spot, and if they Bring One OOO just ignore him, maybe is a bait but maybe that survivor is a good looper, let him alives watching his mates diying. Tunnel the weak spot and Camp him, they weakness is the altruism so abuse It

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Take a break

• FruityCocktail
    FruityCocktail Member Posts: 34
    Options

SWF aren't this big ol boogie man everyone likes to claim.

Most SWF get too altruistic or cocky and those two are ALWAYS their downfall and leads to mega salt in the post game chat.

• KillersCantCatchMe01
    KillersCantCatchMe01 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Funny you say that because killers are EXACTLY the same way. Especially when they work with the survivors in chat as well...Btw that's going outside the game to gain an advantage...🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Be happy they are not really good. If everyone would play like Zubatlel, killers would just abandon the game, because every game would be feeling like hell.

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

I agree he's not the weakest killer in the game. He has a lot of great qualities. His perks are meh and other than rat liver and tail, his add-ons suck. I think he's underrated and rarely mastered or used by the community though.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Or reveal just how broken and overused SWF is? I would rather know if I got actually outplayed or if it was just people on comms cheating.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256
    Options

It is "overused" because most players are survivors and just want to play with their friends? and SWF is not cheating. It is supported by the devs and they even have an official discord where people...you know, play together? SWF can't get nerfed and people shouldn't be punished because they want to play with their friends. Most Squads aren't even that good and most of the time you can't even tell if they're a 4-man or not. I don't think we need the extra information, just play the lobby as every other one. I got scared to face people with other 1500+ hours but as it turns out, they just play like every other survivor most of the time. Just play the game.

• Vetrathene
    Options

My complaint isn't because people want to play together. In any other game it wouldn't bother me, because those games are designed for teams to share information together. This game is not. And while I don't want people to not play together, I want some recompense for it as the solo player. Even people playing casual will let things slip if they are on comms. Information like if the killer is chasing them, if they are not, and various other little things that add up but aren't purposeful. If the devs would make it so the killer would get something to help mitigate this problem, I would be all for it. But SWF was added in a rush while they where being reveiw bombed, and they've never really taken the time to make Killer players have something to counteract it, even after all of these years.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Why do peole think a 2 man doesn't cause problems?

That is still two people who what gens need done, what the killer is doing and where traps/ totems are when one is distracted.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256
    Options

And what exactly do you have in mind when you talk about recompensation? in my opinion everything would lead to be a punishment for SWF's and we can't to that. I understand your frustration but this would be unfair. We can't nerf SWF, we can't buff all killers to be on the level of an SWF because solo survivors would be screwed over. Not every SWF can utilize all of this information and if people are bad at the game in general, they are still bad on comms. I know it's easier to rank up on comms but that doesn't justify punishing people who want toplay with their friends. You said you don't want people to not play together but your "recompensation" would lead to it.

• Vetrathene
    Options

I agree its a tough thing, and I honestly am not sure what to do about, mostly just the desire to do something about it. And right now SWF is a punishment to killers. And poor solo queue survivors are caught in the middle I agree. At the very least let the killers know who was in SWF after the game so you have a better gauge of how you did vs what might have been because of the abuse of communication outside the game. And maybe some extra shards for playing against SWF groups based upon the size of the group in question.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

I see more killers talking about how "strong" and "OP" all SWF squads are.

Meanwhile, when I play against them, they're so altruistic, that they just get themselves snowballed like there's no tomorrow.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    edited April 2021
    Options

I mean if you hate SWF so much then just play Infectious Nurse, they won't stand a chance.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

If you think demo is strong, you don’t use him against good survivors. He is one of the worst in the game.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

SWF are the reason why we can't play a weak killer in rank 1. You are forced to play top tier killers and even so its a pain.

It funny then when you come to the forums and read threads about people getting tired of seeing the same killers over and over. Its entirely their fault and devs fault to not balance swf at all.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Name another killer that has a loop ending power, a teleport on a 14s cooldown and mild stealth that isn't Freddy. There's no way Demo is bad, and I have used him against good survivors and I usually win and do fine. Bronx wins almost every Demo game he plays, there's not much survivors can do when demo has all of his portals set up in good areas, his map pressure is too good for them to keep up. If you're trying to play him and loop like a standard M1 killer you're already using him wrong, same with if your portals are getting constantly cleansed.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, while i agree that swf and solo mode should be seperated, thats something every player has. Right now, 80% + of killers i encounter tunnel like there is no tomorrow, and then they act like they won through playing better, while in reallity, they abused their 1v1 advantage to gain an advantage. That is legit, but surly no sign of skill.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Most streamers win 99% of matches because survivors are bad at the game. It doesn’t matter who the streamer uses.