How are your games going?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I am just alt tabbed atm, waiting to bleed out because I had the audacity to spin a Pig like 10 times in a row after she tunneled everyone to death one by one- so she got mad and dropped me at the hook and is making me bleed out instead. The usual pig things.

Anyone having better luck than I am tonight?

ยซ1

Comments

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    edited April 2021
    Options

When I'm not getting dodged for being at a high rank but having few hours (I assume people think I'm not worthy of playing with them lol), I'm getting to struggle on first hook and getting slugged by Twins or "competitive" nurse players who like to sweat on pubs. Which are impressively common at this time of the night in SA servers. But I'll take this over killer gameplay atm.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I'm sorry that happened to you. For what it's worth I love your build.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I ran into a couple Ghostfaces earlier that kept tunneling, but thankfully the tunneling in general has gone down a lot recently. It seemed like every other match after the kill-all update, you'd get chased fresh off the hook.

I haven't run into any fun pigs in a while. Usually brown ranks that don't let me pet them or red ranks that wanna speedrun the match.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

I have seen surge of OoO usage after they announced the nerf. Almost every game there's a OoO

I'm gonna drop the game until the live patch comes.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438
    edited April 2021
    Options

Honestly, most of my games have been positive. You have to tell yourself to have a good time and not sweat the stuff you consider to be BS. It also pays to at least know what you're doing in your matches. Take breaks if you need to.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

I've seen a lot of camping/tunneling in the past couple of days. Tunneling, especially, has been pretty off the rails. But, I also think that's partially because I haven't played for about 6 months so I went from rank 2 to rank 17 and low rank killers are pretty campy/tunnely.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

My games, whether as killer or survivor are fine. Thatโ€™s not to say Iโ€™m always winning, but almost all my games feel fair, with just one Pig (hello) wasting traps on downed survivors because sheโ€™s immediately tunnelling anyone she sees with a trap on.

Total douche.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

To be fair, a lot of the tunnels I have seen lately- the current DS would work people are just going "naw it's worthless" and not taking it. Like I just had a game where a Clown reamed the hell out of a David till he died; DS would have worked he just didn't have it.

Yeah man I dunno what it is, I guess because it's because her power makes that kinda thing easier to do; like a Bubba with a face camp.

In a solo group or SWF? That can make a huge difference. Solo it's not too bad unless you are like, a Trapper or something.

Thanks, my goal is usually WGLF stacks when in solo queue. Bond is super helpful (and super depressing sometimes). We'll make it is good for making sure they are safe unhooks too. (Also bonus points, if a person is a bad looper, having them immediately healed again helps a lot)

Yeah, I find even leatherfaces usually don't camp until the end game, and a lot don't even do it then. It's usually just the rare person who has like....nazi crap on their profile and a collection of hate comments they like to hold onto that actually does it and they are just doing it for the attention and to try and upset people. I just say gg to them, annoys them more than anything.

I like pig though when played clean, she can startle you, can be fun in chase, has a neat power that creates a new objective, they can be cute too if they want....problem is most don't really lean into any of the good things.

A Pig can really startle you, this one scared the crap out of me the other day:

• Apollos
    Options

Yeah, I get that a lot too. It's hard to blame them since they're still learning how to play and haven't really learned that it's nice to give everyone a chance to play yet. Same with low rank survivors hiding the entire match because they're too scared to unhook their teammates.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I had a Trickster body block a random teammate in a corner for the entire match including all of EGC. Felt bad for the random, they only had 400 BP so really hadn't done much in game before getting blocked in corner. Hopefully they reported the killer for griefing them and sent down video from their pov.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

I mean you can report as well. It helps if more people do.

Also if they have crows, a screenshot will work since that makes it pretty clear.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I did report, sent down video and screenshots incase the other player didn't know they needed to send down additional player report support ticket. Hopefully what I provided is enough proof for them to do something.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

What addons and perks are you running? Try and force people into mind gameable walls as much as you can that is where most of your hits will come from.

Perks I suggest corrupt, pop, monitor and abuse, and agitation. He has the slowest move speed in the entire game when carrying a survivor because of what I imagine is a bug, so agitation really helps a lot as the game was not designed hook placement wise with that slow of carry speed in mind.

For addons I suggest heart shoes, thumbdrive, soda, and death throes iri album addon if you can swing it. Edge of revival can be okay too if need be. Obviously, never use main event addons like...ever.....

If you catch someone in a bad spot, using shoes with soda can allow you to get 2 health states out of them if they can't get to cover in time; or if they mess up and vault/use a pallet in the middle of being hit.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

@OP I always find it amusing that killers take personal offense to being outplayed by a good survivor, to the point where they shake their head or excessively slug you as if to say they are better than you for catching you after all that time

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

With the exception of a certain Deathslinger tunneling everyone, my games have been going fine recently.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

50% of throwing teammates and me being the only one the killer wants, 50% of my teammates not being morons and the killer not being a total scumbag

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Farming the Multi Tasker achievement with agitation and mad grit and having some good laughs.

Sorry to hear about your current predicament, but your forum sistas and bros are here to carry you through the good and the hard times.

• mintchapstick
    Options

Hahah, right? In one match I watched someone sit at the top of the coal tower hiding in a corner for the entire match. I was seriously confused, like... ######### are you trying to accomplish.

Another match I swapped places with a Meg on a hook in ECG & she was freed and ran off, the killer chased her and was on the other side of the map--a Yui was doing a totem at my feet, literally at my feet, while I was on hook (first hook). When she was finished she walked away and ran out and left the match & left me on hook. A Feng had to leave the exit gates on the other side of the map and run all the way over to unhook me.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

My fellow Pigs ######### are you doing? Kill and move on is not that hard. Same for you survivors. Survive and move on. So disappointed there are so many arseholes using Pig. That's what bubba is for leave Pig out of this Please.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Zzz.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I somehow like forgot how to loop so they've been going just splendid. Mix that with the camping, tunneling, and slugging and we have a winner. I literally don't even know how I've play three times as many survivor matches as killer when I'm usually all over playing killer.

• BuffySummers
    BuffySummers Member Posts: 23
    Options

For the most part Iโ€™ve been having fun games. Most of my frustrations come from my fellow teammates hook farming each other and searching through chests in the basement whilst somebody goes to phase 2 on their first hook. Ya know, the usual solo Q festivities? ๐Ÿคช

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Last night as a survivor was terrible.

First match we had an AFK and the Wraith(who used Streamers) just went super hard. 1 gen don, by me.

Next match was a tunneling Huntress. I got 4k BP in that game.

Third was a pig who tunneled by sitting on hills and watching the hook. If you had a trap on you were never getting it off. Didn't help that the Feng and Claude never touched a gen. 2 gens done total, one by me and the other my fiance.

Fourth was a Spirit with BBQ, Thana, Sloppy and Devour Hope. It was hell and I died before I could find the Devour Totem. I did 2 gens though. Of the 3 that were done. Lol

We quit after that because it was frustrating. ):

• BuffySummers
    BuffySummers Member Posts: 23
    Options

Whenever I have a night like this, I normally take a break and play another game for a while lol. Luckily, Iโ€™ve been having pretty fun matches as of late. But I doubt thatโ€™ll last for long... ๐Ÿฅฒ

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    edited April 2021
    Options

Pretty crappy,,,we are still losing a pip and de-ranking because some butthead DC's while in the lobby and just before the game,,,that was fun. Still having players DC and suicide on the hook for no damn good reason. Had one killer tunnel and camp which I am sure he will be on here later talking about how he never does that, or it never happens only as a last resort LOL. And to top it all off, every damn killer is pulling out Freddy because they know he is getting nerfed soon, so like I said crappy!

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264
    edited April 2021
    Options

How are my games 'going'?

Not well!

I would say at the moment the overwhelming majority of games are frustrating as survivor. I am playing on because of the minority that are actually fun, but there are a lot more unfun games lately unfortunately and I'm not too sure why. This is Solo Q of course.

I'm not a try-hard sweaty survivor, I just want to play the game as intended and I am careful about where I run in chases (so as not to lead the killer to an unfinished gen, healing survivors, away from someone else who is currently hooked etc), I don't unhook people in front of the killer's face unless they are literally about to die and then I will aim to take the hit for them, I heal whenever possible, I work on generators as much as I can when I see the killer is occupied, I try to improve my looping and try not to waste pallets etc etc - it's not even about skill as I don't think I'm particularly skilled, I just try and behave responsibly and cooperatively.

Unfortunately that seems to be a minority mentality, and I don't know why. I don't understand why people choose to play a team game that is reliant on teamwork if they don't act like it. Play something else.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Iโ€™m finally getting to red ranks despite the weird de sync / lag I seem to have where the killer can run at me from half the map away and hit me 5 seconds later through sprint burst lol.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    Options

My games are great. Decided to put the game down and move onto the OW archives event. Cheers and good luck out there.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited April 2021
    Options

It's been going like usual: Survivors bringing Flashlights without using them once, Hex: Devour Hope being of good use once every 3 Trials, no one bothering to avoid Barbecue & Chili, snowballing with ease thanks to Make Your Choice, Survivors not looking at my "The Ghost" - Soot Add-on after the Trial and wondering why i deleted my Terror Radius using cheats, stuff like that.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I played 12 hours yesterday as a survivor - had a lot of fun. Only had one killer who truly tunneled/camped. So - games are going well.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

First day of rank reset always seems to be a miserable experience, filled with people on both sides in ultra-sweaty mode. Will be playing survivor tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Five killer games this morning, first three were as Pyramid Head, who I rarely play, but I wanted to get some work in with him for practice. First match saw the gens done so fast, I barely had time to get my bearings. Fun start to the day. The 2nd match, my power flickered (a bad storm was rolling through all morning) -- my TV reset, but my PS5 and internet somehow didn't -- I was stuck for almost a minute in a game looking at a black screen. I somehow pulled out a 3K after the last 3 survivors were heading for an open gate, all injured. Hit a ranged attack to down one in the door just before they could crawl out, and a Jake who'd been BM'ing all match tried to bodyblock and got downed as well (when I looked back at the whole match recording, while I was stuck still waiting for my TV to come back on, it turns out he was teabagging from atop some farm equipment, so that was some karmic justice to a typical DBD poor sport). Third PH match saw two people DC immediately after being downed/hooked, so I ended up letting the last two survivors farm.

Last two matches were a Wraith round where two people brought BPS and I had some survivor pudding -- ended up with over 100,000 BP in the match, and literally was carrrying downed survivors to the exit gates at the end. I was so happy to have a fun match, the safety pip was fine with me. Last match as Doctor saw more teabagging, clicky-clicky fun -- match was going okay enough until the storm knocked my power out and ended my game prematurely. That was definitely a sign to call it quits until later on.

So 1 out of 5 matches I actually had "fun" in (killing the teabagging Jake was more satisfaction -- the match itself was pure aggravation). Seems about right, the more I think about it, lol.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

No his carry speed is wrong right now that isn't my stating a theory, that was a fact.

His carry speed is lower than every other killers. It's been pulled from the actual data of the game files themselves:

• Apollos
    Options

I played for a bit just now and got a fun Pig again. My last match had a Claudette suicide really early into the match and it ended with an incredibly angry Trickster in the chat. I think he was upset that I hid and bled out and he couldn't find me lmao

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

That's how I got hooked the first time, yes. Literally body shielding another survivor who was being tunneled and aggressively trying to pull aggro.

My entire build is altruism for gods sake lol, the WGLF stacks didn't just happen themselves.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 307
    Options

Over the last year I introduced my friend to dbd and I'd say she's a good survivor and capable. Over the last few weeks we've been playing dbd less and less. Especially this week I have found teammates horrible! Running killers to your gen, not going for saves, ratting you out for no reason. For a while I thought that the mmr was actually improving our matches but that seems short lived.

Also I would like to add that me and my friend are team players who get saves and do gens we don't chill urban evasioning around the map so I don't know why we are getting useless teams.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 307
    Options

Best thing to do or hop on another game for a day or two.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

My survivor matches have been horrible.

The first game I had was a invisi-camping Wraith who tunneled everyone off the hook.

Second match I get useless teammates who sat on gens instead of helping downed/hooked teammates. That was a quick game, to say the least.

Third match I had a AFK Bill on my team and a Yui that was working with the killer.

Needless to say, I quit out of frustration.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options

I feel ya.

I switched to killer on the PTB, I still get survivors who play it die hard serious mode and use flashlight macros. They stay at every pallet to t-bag and flashlight stun every time just cause.

I dunno why but everyone is being a giant ######### on the PTB today I've never seen it this bad before. Killer and survivor alike.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

I've been working on Multi-Tasker as well. I've come to the conclusion that Pig might be the best killer for this achievement. Along with having the built-in slowdown and distraction of reverse bear traps, she has one very distinct advantage: Snoot Boops. Find two survivors willing to boop you and you can get several achievement points in one match.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

That's a pretty good one ๐Ÿคฃ

That aside, I just got it with Wraith. I figured survivors would be more willing to take hits against a somewhat weak killer and it worked out.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    Options

I think this game has finally wore me down. Out of 10 game played tonight 4 of them had camping red rank killers. The rest were okay but man are these killers trying too hard,,,is it the rank reset? I dont know, I have only been playing a few months and man after that reset I am lucky if I win 2 games a night. I was a red rank survivor now purple trying to get a good game where survivors dont DC or suicide on the hook after getting downed one time. I am just done with the frustration. Devs are NOT going to do anything about it, thank God Resident Evil is coming out soon, you can have this game!!!!

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686
    Options

What character were you using? I mean, yeah if they're gonna leave you to bleed out and you had unbreakable on they'd soon regret that decision. Had that a few times today and managed to escape down the hatch. The salty message from them today have been hilarious! "Dude if I'm the last one standing and you're allowing me to bleed out, make sure you lock the hatch first " ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Mine has been reasonably okay, up until some try hard trickster in the lab map decided to body block the stairs so I couldn't escape and continously throw knives at me. Then thinks that's clearly fair and I should of "got good" as temping as it was to DC, that's one of things that piss me off players doing, so instead just committed suicide on the hook. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Screw that type of game play man... not about that im afraid.

• SammiieK1991
    Options

Now that's out of order game play to be honest. What's more important? Tram mates and all escaping together or fixing a sodding totem gaining 50bps ๐Ÿ˜‚ literally by your feets and sods off takes the piss.

• mintchapstick
    Options

Right?! It was so weird because like... the killer was NO WHERE near us. She probably could have easily unhooked me & healed me, because after I got unhooked by the Feng (just before going into second hook stage), I was still able to stop and heal myself and casually stroll to the exit gates without running into the killer at all.

• SammiieK1991
    Options

Absolutely no brains from others today ๐Ÿ˜‚ like I've just been tunnelled and out Meg comes out of nowhere and crouches infront of me basically wanting me to heal her.... sorry love, have you not seen this wack job behind me? Almost as if the killers gonna think "yeah alright, il stop the chase whilst Meg gets healed" ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™ˆ seriously man. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207
    Options

Matches in PTB have been very chill. Some players (like myself) just wanted to see the farm and how the new perks work. The killers didn't kill anyone too soon, fellow survivors didn't rush gens and everybody were more interested in Thompson's house than objectives.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

Same thing happened to but I had mettle of man on my side and got to the trap door