Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What Keeps You Composed When Playing DBD?

Title. I'm curious too see how some people don't break they're keyboard/controller in half over what this game sometimes throws at them. So what keeps you composed when the game goes south? Whether it's an annoying glitch that costed you a chase, or another player trying to get under your skin?

Personally I tend to just laugh any BS up. And try and see a positive or at the least a logical explanation as to why said BS happened.

You never know, maybe your answer could help a fellow player if they begin to get tilted at the game.

Comments

• Killerdonut80
    Killerdonut80 Member Posts: 87

As a solo survivor, I go in expecting one or two of my team mates to be useless and so expect the loss, I’m pleasantily surprised when that’s not the case. Still it doesn’t matter, as a survivor I go in wanting to help the team and this getting as many points as possible to pip.

As killer, it’s a more relaxed experience, I play all killers, and my focus here is to make the game fun for others too like a horror movie. I’m usually content with one kill, but even if it doesn’t happen, I don’t feel bad.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I have a short temper, so I've almost broken things out of anger when I play DBD. Because some people are just playing like total s**t heads, and the amount of Toxicness and disrespect is ridiculous. Nowadays, I just don't have the energy to care anymore. Sure, I get really annoyed. But I can't change how people play, so why bother? Why should I care? The next game might be fun, even tho I'm at red rank.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I don't really get angry much to be honest, so it's not a problem for me.

• A_Creative_Name
    A_Creative_Name Member Posts: 23

I just ######### meme. I don’t play competitive and whenever i get toxic swf squads i try to meme even more to counter their toxicity.

• ThanosPAWG
    ThanosPAWG Member Posts: 412

I just don't feed into it. If there vaulting repeatedly or clicking flashlights I tend to leave them alone and make the game boring than go out of my way to kill them and rarely respond when people send toxic messages.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Personally, I calm myself down by reminding myself that this game is broken due to bugs and is just generally unfair at times. It’s a simple thing but accepting that the games broken kind of helps to remind me that there’s no point in being upset. This game will always be riddled with bugs, this game will always be unfair at times. It’s an asymmetrical game so balance is literally impossible. Reminding myself that sometimes, things just aren’t my fault, can help relieve the frustration. It doesn’t always work. Sometimes I still get really upset if I’m robbed of a hit because of Blight’s broken Collison or the stupid hatch bug (Which they still didn’t fix, even though they said they did in the patch notes for the newest chapter). Reminding myself the games broken still helps most of the time though. For others, this could simply exasperate the frustration so this definitely wouldn’t work for everyone.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

There is a point where you just stop caring.

Streaming helped me too to stay calm. If you are being watched you dont want to be the one raging.

And closing endgamechat of course. Best thing I did.

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

I think because I’m a naturally chilled out guy in real life, it takes a lot for me to get annoyed at video games. I just always keep the thought in my head that I can enter another match. Last night I got face camped / hard tunnelled by a Spirit at 5 generators and I’m still not sure why. But I just laughed. I find stuff like that funny because I assume it’s supposed to upset me? But it really doesn’t. I just listen to music on my phone and let my team rush the generators.

I also got sent to Midwich in the same night against 2 people using OoO who would just sit and teabag. Again, I assume they wanted to rattle me, but I just ignored them for the most part and I got a 4K in the end as they both neglected to do generators and I ended up downing them both with Devour Hope. 😇

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

Chicken Wings.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

As survivor, I don't take it seriously. I'm a solo survivor most of the time, there's no chance for me. So, why try? I've tried before. A lot. It doesn't work unless everyone does, and even then the killer has to be a little spudlike.

However, things are different for Killer. What really helps is knowing that most of my opponents are genuinely worse than me. And I'm not even that good. Seriously, I have a moment in nearly every trial where someone tries to actually loop me, and they always get hit immediately. However, because holding W and predropping is a thing, and because most my opponents are SWF (which is a good thing, I don't like beating on solo's every trial), they immediately stop even pretending to loop and just play extremely safe. Even their pathing is terrible - if they were decent, they could actually keep me at some of the tiles just because they aren't mindgameable. But they don't.

Sometimes I get good survivors, and they're usually extremely unpleasant.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I'm so use to it now that I just shrug and say well that's dbd lol.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

Knowing the game is complete BS, often unfair, unbalanced, poorly matched and full of bugs and so many issues and RNG that a lot of things are just beyond your actual capabilities.

You can be the best player in the world, but if you go into solo queue you could lose to a baby killer.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Because I know it’s just a game and it has no effect on me in real life.

Sometimes I feel my face getting hot and I can feel myself getting frustrated but it’s always at instances where I get cucked over like pallet desync or phantom hits. But I never get upset over someone just playing better than me. It’s bound to happen. I know I won’t win every match.

I mean when I play a killer like Pig with no slowdown and get The Game/Ormond and good survivors, I know I have little to no chance so it’s just a “darn” moment.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I've never been past "mildly annoyed" at this game personally and it takes a lot for me to get there, if I'm not having fun I just play something else instead.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Taking a break and cursing the game for not having a proper balance usually calm me a bit 😅

But wow there are so many wrong things in this game.. specially while playing killer you notice it and not only weaker ones. You really get tired of people runing second chance perks everytime and lets not even talk about swf. I wish there was a bit more balance.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

I rarely get truly angry, it’s just a game. If I’m to the point I might get mad, I might grumble something and just stop playing the game. When I tilt just walk away and start exercising or cleaning my house help me cool off, because I’m doing something productive.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I just say oh well.

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236

I drink coffee while I play. When I know I screwed up I'm fine with it. When a bug occurs, I'm mildly angry. But 1 sip of coffee and all the pain of the world goes away. At some point I need to switch do decaf.

• Mysteriouschild
    Mysteriouschild Member Posts: 19

I play killer and survivor about the same amount of times. As survivor, I get trash team mates and a good killer. When I play killer I get red rank survivor with friends that moonwalk every other second. I always think of it as this: the next match could be better. The more I play the better I get, and so these swf's will not be as difficult as I get more and more experienced in the game. Another thing I think is that DBD is just a game that doesn't need to be taken seriously, its a game, just for fun. After many L's, it feels really good to dominate a survivor team.

These are the things I normally think, hopefully it helps some people out.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

I'm pretty chill by nature and i tend to laugh at everything rather than getting mad. Also lots of alcohol, which turns me into an even more wholesome person, i sometimes hate that xD

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021

I fully expect my teammates to not be useful so that i don't get as frustrated. I still help my team as much as I can but it helps me a lot to expect nothing to go well for me lol

Now as killer....I just get frustrated most games. For example last night I was myers, stopped survivor at 5 gens, shut hatch, last survivor had a key so me shutting didn't matter. Unless the game balance changes I doubt my feelings on killer will change a lot. I do enjoy it the most when bs like this isn't a thing

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Some years ago i tilted a couple of times but now not to flex for anything, but i never lose a game

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Demo keeps me together.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If I get bullied I switch to my Nurse

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I stopped taking this game seriously. It's still frustrating sometimes but I move on play something else if it gets to that point.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

hearing that beautiful laugh from lil hermy anytime I do anything at all. It calms my nerves and allows me to keep my cool and get consistent 3-4 kill games with no gen defense or regression.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,755

BLACKPINK, very very loud, destroy my eardrums, scream to the words and make my parents concerned for my mental health.

Oh, and being in a call with my friend Turbo. That helps too.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

The fact that I've been playing for years.