SWF restriction for game balancing

Options

SWF should be restricted as anyone knows. My idea is that perk slots are reduced depending on their party size as below. I believe sharing information via VC deserve several perks in the game.
Solo: 4 slots, 2PT: 3 slots, 3PT: 2 slots, 4PT: 1 slot

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Great idea.

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Nice. It's simple and effective.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Has been suggested several times already and it would be a beginning to balance SWF.

However, just look how many perks SWF already has built in...... :wink:

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123
    Options

I feel like at this point, they might as well add voice and text chat to the game and rebalance the game based on communication. You can't balance a game where there's no comms or sometimes comms. One or the other will be balanced so you may as well unify the game modes into one and balance that.

Also, I'm failry new to the game (had it for 3 weeks) so I'm wondering, do the devs even read these forums or is it here just to make us feel better? I feel like SWF is the biggest issue and has not been addressed.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

@Stealth
    I'm a month and a week in to this game and I've no idea if the Devs read or respond to our stuff, very occasionally do you even see a (as in a single) mod do so. Thus I'd say that they probably don't, but there is a chance they do. A chance.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Aerys said:
    @Stealth
    I'm a month and a week in to this game and I've no idea if the Devs read or respond to our stuff, very occasionally do you even see a (as in a single) mod do so. Thus I'd say that they probably don't, but there is a chance they do. A chance.

They do read stuff on here but just because they don't respond to it people will say what you did which is they don't read it. It makes you feel better that you didn't get a response by typing that. But if you'd think logically you'd realize that with probably hundreds of threads a day across the entire forum they can't respond to each and every one of them.

If you look at the threads where they don't respond and someone says what you did they all have the same thing in common usually. They're threads that've been answered repeatedly including by the stickied ones at the top of the page.

• Aerys
    Options

@powerbats
    Okay but I've never seen a Dev respond to any thread in this section of the forums, nor is there a sticky that says anything about anything in terms of answering our questions. But again I've only been around a month and a bit so it's not a lot of time to know whether or not they do, and ideally they're busy developing rather than writing out full length responses to us, I do grasp that much.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
    If sharing information Is the REAL issue. Dont handicap swf. Just show all survivors each others perks/items in pregame. Perks are now known and can be adjusted accordingly....

Stripping players of their perks because they want to play with friends is ridiculous. "They may be seal team 6, give them 1 perk a piece", meanwhile the rank 20 new friends are wondering why they cant unlock more than 1 or 2 perks and keep getting stomped. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    If sharing information Is the REAL issue. Dont handicap swf. Just show all survivors each others perks/items in pregame. Perks are now known and can be adjusted accordingly....

Stripping players of their perks because they want to play with friends is ridiculous. "They may be seal team 6, give them 1 perk a piece", meanwhile the rank 20 new friends are wondering why they cant unlock more than 1 or 2 perks and keep getting stomped. 
    That's not really the info people are worried about being shared.

"Killer is by the barn."

"Ruin hex by the killer shack."

That sort of thing is the bigger problem. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Aerys said:
    @powerbats
    Okay but I've never seen a Dev respond to any thread in this section of the forums, nor is there a sticky that says anything about anything in terms of answering our questions. But again I've only been around a month and a bit so it's not a lot of time to know whether or not they do, and ideally they're busy developing rather than writing out full length responses to us, I do grasp that much.

They reply in a suggestion thread and people will either take it out of context, or get jealous that their own threads didn't get replies. Better to be neutral instead of wasting precious time figuring out which threads to reply to. Fact is, very few suggestions are noteworthy in any way.

• Aerys
    Options

@Orion
    As a game dev myself I would have to strongly disagree, even the most inane input can be noteworthy due to it working the brain and allowing you to see your content from another perspective. Sure, a lot of the time it's mostly people whining or calling for changes they want because they think it'd be kewl or neat and not because it'd be balanced, but even those can be useful, if you see a metric ton of people whining about something perhaps there's something to it beyond "Well they're noobs and don't know what they're talking about". The purpose of a game is after all to give the Players an enjoyable experience, and while that may be a bit more tricky in a competitive scene that goal shouldn't change or be set aside.

In the end I can understand why they don't respond to each and every thread, but reading them and taking in criticism is one of the best ways to not create a vision you had that ends up being completely out of touch with your playerbase and so it's super important they create a forum in order to hear them, but giving absolutely no feedback does in some form discourage people from sharing their opinions, feeling like it doesn't matter or it's a waste of time, or that all we're doing is circle jerking one another over things we think will be read but actually don't. (Not saying they actually don't, but again I've only been around a short while and have seen no direct interaction as of yet).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Aerys said:
    @Orion
    As a game dev myself I would have to strongly disagree, even the most inane input can be noteworthy due to it working the brain and allowing you to see your content from another perspective. Sure, a lot of the time it's mostly people whining or calling for changes they want because they think it'd be kewl or neat and not because it'd be balanced, but even those can be useful, if you see a metric ton of people whining about something perhaps there's something to it beyond "Well they're noobs and don't know what they're talking about". The purpose of a game is after all to give the Players an enjoyable experience, and while that may be a bit more tricky in a competitive scene that goal shouldn't change or be set aside.

In the end I can understand why they don't respond to each and every thread, but reading them and taking in criticism is one of the best ways to not create a vision you had that ends up being completely out of touch with your playerbase and so it's super important they create a forum in order to hear them, but giving absolutely no feedback does in some form discourage people from sharing their opinions, feeling like it doesn't matter or it's a waste of time, or that all we're doing is circle jerking one another over things we think will be read but actually don't. (Not saying they actually don't, but again I've only been around a short while and have seen no direct interaction as of yet).

They do read them. I'm saying that very few suggestions are noteworthy in the sense that they don't warrant a response.

• Aerys
    Options

@Orion
    Oh, okay that's fine then, but like I said I've yet to see any suggestions that are noteworthy to them so if that's what it takes to get a response out of em.

• powerbats
    Options

@Aerys said:
    @Orion
    Oh, okay that's fine then, but like I said I've yet to see any suggestions that are noteworthy to them so if that's what it takes to get a response out of em.

Most of the threads are nerf the other side buff my side types of things and the rest break down into suggestions way to impractical. The majority of the threads that don't merit a response get answered by the community.

The ones that deserve a response get a response.

• Stealth
    edited November 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Aerys said:
    @Stealth

They do read stuff on here but just because they don't respond to it people will say what you did which is they don't read it. It makes you feel better that you didn't get a response by typing that. But if you'd think logically you'd realize that with probably hundreds of threads a day across the entire forum they can't respond to each and every one of them.

If you look at the threads where they don't respond and someone says what you did they all have the same thing in common usually. They're threads that've been answered repeatedly including by the stickied ones at the top of the page.

Which is why I asked, to see if there's anyone who's even seen a response. Given that SWF is a long-time issue, you'd think they'd respond to a similar topic that someone here can confirm seeing a response to. If you think logically, there's no way one person can sift through all the threads but together, we've seen a lot and can share what the devs had said on the issue to save each other research time.

• powerbats
    Options

@Stealth said:

@powerbats said:

@Aerys said:
    @Stealth

Which is why I asked, to see if there's anyone who's even seen a response. Given that SWF is a long-time issue, you'd think they'd respond to a similar topic that someone here can confirm seeing a response to. If you think logically, there's no way one person can sift through all the threads but together, we've seen a lot and can share what the devs had said on the issue to save each other research time.

But they have responded to these types of threads and quite often, it just gets ignored by the vocal minority here on both sides when they do. I might do is what I and some others used to do on the LOL forums which is keep a database of faq/threads and the devs responses handy.

• Aerys
    Options

I guess what Stealth and I are asking is; Is there a thread with an example of them responding? It sucks that they get ignored though, there's a thing that's called respect that people seem to have lost these days :T

• Master
    Options

@Carpemortum said:

Survivors dont want ingame voice comms because then the game would need to be balanced aroudn that and they would have to get rid of their SWF advantage

• powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

Survivors dont want ingame voice comms because then the game would need to be balanced aroudn that and they would have to get rid of their SWF advantage

Ah yes the lies again from you, survivors don't want that because they don't want to listen to screaming 12 year olds. Perhaps if you actually got better and stopped intentionally deranking for easier games swf wouldn't cause you problems.

• Master
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

Ah yes the lies again from you, survivors don't want that because they don't want to listen to screaming 12 year olds. Perhaps if you actually got better and stopped intentionally deranking for easier games swf wouldn't cause you problems.

If you dont want to listen to 12 year old screaming kids, then there is the mute button :wink:

• powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

If you dont want to listen to 12 year old screaming kids, then there is the mute button :wink:

Straw Man's don't negate my point that your lie got exposed.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    edited November 2018
    Options

SWF solution:
    Hide addons/perks the killer until the trial is end.
    Increase the repair time in proportion to the players on swf.
    example: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% if the killer playing against 4 players on premade they must repair 100%, (6 gens)

• powerbats
    Options

@pandorayr said:
    SWF solution:
    example: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% if the killer playing against 4 players on premade must do 100%, (6 gens)

1. They already plan on doing this soon hopefully by time next patch hits.

2. No and they've already said it won't happen because holding M! (PC) is already boring enough as it is. What they're planning on doing is giving Bond as a base stat for solo Q or something similar to bring them up to SWF levels.

Once they do that all killers can be buffed to that level, except Nurse 😜and then it's an even playing field. They also want to add the 2ndary objective to make the gens go either parts or gas cans being collected.

• Stealth
    Options

@powerbats said:

@pandorayr said:
    SWF solution:
    example: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% if the killer playing against 4 players on premade must do 100%, (6 gens)

1. They already plan on doing this soon hopefully by time next patch hits.

2. No and they've already said it won't happen because holding M! (PC) is already boring enough as it is. What they're planning on doing is giving Bond as a base stat for solo Q or something similar to bring them up to SWF levels.

Once they do that all killers can be buffed to that level, except Nurse 😜and then it's an even playing field. They also want to add the 2ndary objective to make the gens go either parts or gas cans being collected.

I think that would be a good idea; adding another obj to make things take longer and give killers more time. In SWF, gens get popped too quick and having to collect something before repairing will make things less monotonous and increase repair time w/o having to just holding M1 longer.