Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Small Game Perk Improvement Idea

Sunbreaker7
Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Small Game is the almost perfect counter perk for Hex builds. With it, you can kiss goodbye to Undying + ruin combo or any other annoying Hex build in that matter. It is honestly a pretty underrated perk considering people are always complaining about Hex builds. However, what I find strange about this perk is that it lets you find Hex totems nearby without actually letting you find them...

Depending on the map, the mere sound alarm notifying of a nearby totem in the direction where you face is not always enough to tell whether the totem is actually there. Sometimes because of the map, the totem may be below or above you. Sometimes the hex totem is so damn well hidden to a near-impossible level to find it despite the perk, which kinda makes the perk feel useless at times when you literally can not find the totem despite the notification alarm going off again and again.

When it comes to spotting trapper's bear traps, the same thing applies. More often than not, I find myself still stepping on the bear trap because of the cone detection that spreads the possibility of the bear trap's location like a shotgun fire in long distance. Again, in these situations, the perk feels useless at times.

What I suggest is allowing the player to actually see the aura of the spotted hex totem or bear trap. Also, while we are at it, I wonder why the devs allowed us to see Trapper's bear traps but not Hag's Phantom traps, wouldn't that make sense to allow us to see them too? Same thing for Freddy's blood puddles and Demogorgon's portals. It feels kinda strange allowing us to utilize the perk against just one Killer. What did the Trapper ever do to you, haha. No, but seriously, I would rather disable the bear trap detection for the perk if it is not made equal across all trap-based killers.

Post edited by Miraak on

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Totems are already way too easy to find without perks honestly

• Sunbreaker7

Never in my life of playing this game for 4 years have I seen anyone using Detective's hunch. Also, triggered much? Take a chill pill dude.

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45

Small Game already received a rework in the PTB. It now only detects totems, but a token is gained each time one is cleansed (regardless of who cleanses it).

• Sunbreaker7

Well, the way you express yourself sure did come out as someone who was pulling his hair out just for reading someone suggesting something, that's all.

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2021

-It only detects totems (so it no longer detects Trapper's, Hag's or Freddy's traps)

-A token is gained for each totem cleansed (regardless of who cleanses it).

---Each token decreases the detection cone by 5 degrees.

• Sunbreaker7

wow, that sounds like a horrible change. Each time the perk gains tokens it just becomes harder and harder to spot more totems because the radius is not consistent and the totem may be further and further away from you from what you are used to.

• IWasLeft2Die

Tbh, i love the change mostly. It's nice having a perk that gives more info that people have been requesting and makes small game even more different than detectives hunch which is nice. I am bummed to lose trap detection but that only effects a couple killers anyways

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

I'm against your opinion,there's the challenge of finding the totem and that what makes fun while using small game, otherwise it would just be the same as a map, which is quite boring in my opinion.

• IWasLeft2Die

Small game does feel like it needs a new name though honestly lol. Small game still sounds like it refers to traps mostly

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited May 2021

Small Game is getting nerfed harder than it's getting buffed. How pathetic.

You're spot on: it should simply reveal the aura of the totem/trap, rather than this silly, usually meaningless ping. And they should revert the nerf of not showing traps. As if Hag wasn't already the most unfun killer with the least counter-play.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • OldSilentHill
    OldSilentHill Member Posts: 87

Small Game is even better now. It has a totem counter!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
  • swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

id say the perk just needs to increase totem cleansing speeds to 100%. i know this sounds broken but are you really going to expect people to spend 10 years on totems?

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

Depending on the map, the mere sound alarm notifying of a nearby totem in the direction where you face is not always enough to tell whether the totem is actually there. Sometimes because of the map, the totem may be below or above you. Sometimes the hex totem is so damn well hidden to a near-impossible level to find it despite the perk, which kinda makes the perk feel useless at times when you literally can not find the totem despite the notification alarm going off again and again.

When alarm plays somewhere in front of you, stop moving, spin 180, wait for perk CD to come back up (10s). When start slowly turning back into direction of perk activation, as soon as it activates you have really narrow cone of where totem is. Its not a problem at all if you think while using the perk.

Do dont even need the first notification and 10s wait time, if you pay attention to where your camera is pointing and you move it left and right like a sonar while running. You actually gotta need at least minimum of skill to use it effectively, but oh well, cant have everything for free.