Aura showing when not screaming with Calm Spirit on

Options
IsoSTARDUST
IsoSTARDUST Member Posts: 77

I play on PC, my friend was on console.

Was playing a stealth build - Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Self-Preservation, Urban Evasion. Queued up against a Doctor, who used Static Blast. I was hit with the Static Blast, but my character (Cheryl Mason) did not scream due to Calm Spirit; my friend that I was SWFing with stated that my aura still lit up from "screaming" from the Madness tier increase, though.

I have tested Calm Spirit against Doctor, in the past, and was within Static Blast radius when it went off - didn't scream - but my aura didn't light up to the Killer then from "screaming", as, again, my character did not scream due to Calm Spirit. (This was with the same friend mentioned above when he was playing Doctor.) I think this is a recent bug, unless the devs decided for some arbitrary reason to still show you when you resist screaming, in which case, what is even the point of running Calm Spirit?

Is this a bug, or expected behavior? If it's a bug, why was this not happening before when I was getting shocked? If it's expected behavior...why does Calm Spirit even exist?

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

This is intended. If the Doctor is using Aura reading add-ons then yes, your aura will still show. All Calm Spirit does is prevent the noise from screaming, and also prevents you from scaring crows. It also prevents the scream from being hit with an attack.

If you don't level up in madness then you'll still be hidden however

• IsoSTARDUST
    edited April 2021
    Options

I'm not talking about the aura-reading add-ons - I'm talking about the scream aura that pops up when your character screams. That should not be showing up if my character is not screaming, am I wrong?

To clarify, my friend that I was SWFing with said he saw my character scream because of the scream aura, even though my character did not scream because of Calm Spirit.

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369
    Options

Apparently that scream is an "Aura-Flare-up" which is not suppressed

• IsoSTARDUST
    Options

Alrighty, makes sense. Thank you for clarifying!