What perk do you think needs a change the most?

2»

Comments

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

Hex: Ruin. It either gets cleansed early and the killer plays with 3 perks or it goes unfound and passively wins the game for them. Usually no in between outside of 4 man SWFs. It also single handedly got Hex: Undying nerfed hard for other non-token hex perks, which don't stack up anywhere near Ruin.

Dead Hard having its i-frames removed but keeping the distance or maybe gaining a tiny bit to compensate would be a really nice change as well but I don't think it will ever happen.

• screamdreamsx
    screamdreamsx Member Posts: 213

For survivor, Distortion. With the new OoO changes, the aspect of Distortion that allowed you to figure out what perk a killer is running is diminished. And having your aura hidden 3 times over the course of a trial with perks that may offer repeated aura revealing such as bbq, nurses, and killer add-ons such as plague’s and oni’s is no real triumph. I think Distortion should have a rework to show your aura somewhere you are not, for example something like:

”when your aura would be revealed to the killer, Distortion activates and created a replica of your aura 5/15/30m from your location. Your aura is not shown to the killer”

and perhaps it should be a choose to activate/consume a token kinda perk. So “when active, the next time your aura would be revealed....”

• screamdreamsx

Rancor is pretty meh, in my opinion. The obsession aka the survivor afflicted by Rancor will be aware that the killer has Rancor throughout the trial due to the aura reading (unless you’re unfortunate enough to be running Dark Sense). That means at the end of the game, that survivor knows they have to be extra-cautious against being killed. If you have SWF they can help to shield you, if you’re solo you will just have to be more off-the-radar and let others get the gate etc.

And, if you’ve made it to the end of the game when exit gates are powered — which is only when all 5 gens are done — then it’s likely you’ve had a successful game anyways, and dying there isn’t the worst and wouldn’t be a pip loss.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Dying because you get hit once during the whole match isn't a win imo. Specially since the most points you get as survivor is with escaping.

• screamdreamsx

For killer:

Some perks definitely could do with some buff to make them somewhat desirable. There are many killer gen based perks that would likely never get chosen over the meta gen perks like pop, tinkerer, and ruin. It would be nice to see more variety, with (I’d argue more fun) gen-based perks like Dragons Grip, Gearhead, Overcharge etc.

I’m not sure what buffs or changes these kind of perks would need to make them more desirable, but it’s a shame how many gen perks exist that have somewhat of an interesting mechanic/gimmick but they’re just not good enough to be consistently used.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Hex blood favor without a doubt

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited April 2021

For a killer meta perk, NOED.

For a survivor meta perk, Dead Hard.

For a killer perk in general, Hangman's Trick. No clue why they nerfed this one tbh, the old one would have been more fun with the current sabotage feature. But eh, it needs a rework to be more useful.

For a survivor perk, easily No Mither. No explanation needed.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I’m going to go controversial but say Spine Chill. I love using it but it is a bit op against stealth killers. I think it should t proc if a killer is undetectable.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

all exhaustion perks (excluding head on and smash hit) and all slowdown perks should get changed. neither are really fun to go against or require much thought

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I'll give one each for survivor and killer. There's definitely more than one each needing fixing of course.

Survivor: Prove Thyself. How in the world is it ok for a perk to speed up generator repair this much just for a perk slot? I understand it's only bringing the speed to what would be normal for one person, but the whole point of decreased efficiency is to give killer a chance to defend/damage generators. This perk was insanely overbuffed.

Killer: Hex: No One Escapes Death. Because nothing says I'm a great killer like getting four killers all after five generators are repaired, thanks to a free speed boost and instant downs. Finding and destroying five totems shouldn't be the only counter to this perk. It should have to be earned to a degree based on hooks, chasing survivors, just something besides congratulations for having at least one dull totem remaining on the map.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

yeah you got some good ideas there. We could really use a mass perk buff patch

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

100% there are so many perks that don't ever get used because they're pretty much useless and don't add anything to gameplay.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Camaraderie. Change the distance requirement to 32-40 meters. At 16, the teammate might as well hook bomb anyway.

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

iron will is a much better perk for survivors than stridor is for killers. not to mention the survivors can take in 16 different perks while the killer can have 4. I as a killer cant be wasting a perk slot for something like that especially with most killers being HEAVILY perk reliant.

• Exerlin

I'd just get rid of the distance requirement entirely. Just make you last longer on a hook

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Insidious is a perk that literally can only be used for camping. So, maybe do something about that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

It should have some sort of requirement. On top of what I've said, I think Camaraderie should just work the other way around. Instead of the person who has it on getting a hook timer delay, his teammates get it when he enters their range. It would make it way more useful.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Because having a counter that no one is going to use doesn't fix the problem.

Plus, the killer only has four perk slots, and generally at least one needs to have slowdown, another needs whatever perk works well on this particular killer (IE I'm All Ears on PH, Distressing on Doc, or Bamboozle on Bubba), and most killers run BBQ for the BP.

Stridor isn't even worth the perk slot.

• Riif0
    Riif0 Member Posts: 57

BBQ... so tired to see all killers play that perk...

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited April 2021

Nah, BBQ is good. It discourages killers from camping and tunneling by giving them auras of other survivors and double bloodpoints. It keeps the game sane.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

I think killer perks should never buff survivors, what's the point of me bringing a perk and that giving 2 more chests to the survivor team?

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Dead hard is in desperate need for some sort of nerf. Also noed still rewards players for nothing so I think it can be balanced better.

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82

Dead hard and iron will

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

I want lightweight to be good, too ;-;

As for Spine Chill, it can be annoying as hell when survivors get a head start to stealth (some just need your terror radius to start hiding), but I don't think it warrants a nerf. I think the issue is the combination of perks that makes stealthing annoying to go against (like Iron Will not giving breathing noises sometimes - is that still a thing? I'm not sure). These survs just waste their time being immersed sometimes, too. Or you can just moonwalk to the gen at a certain distance so Spine Chill doesn't proc.

And I don't think moving Spine Chill to be unlockable through a survivor does anything. People will probably get them eventually. I don't think BHVR would ever take away Spine Chill from people who already have it now either.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited April 2021

The second chance perks in the game are way out of control and need to be brought down. Zero skill, zero cost, zero downsides, all with game swinging effects.

• Exerlin

The 2 extra chests wouldn't be too bad if some chests were decoys or something! You open the chest and there's nothing in there, boooo

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Monstrous shrine and the 3 teachables from Huntress.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

That fact that they had to remove the condition to decrease item rarity from the perk, which likely broke regular chest rarity, makes you wonder why this perk was made when Franklins is already a valid and better anti-item perk.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

Wish Quentin's perks had some sort of rework.

I think Pharmacy is pretty decent and good enough to not really need a change, but if they did do something with it, I think maybe have it make no noises with chests at all? It's honestly not a big deal, but it's just dumb to have a perk as harmless as that still make noises. Another alternative could be like having it be a token. I can get 1 emergency medkit if I choose to do so. Maybe if you're next to a chest and want to use that token, you search with M2 instead of M1. Just quality of life, I guess?

Wake Up should let me see where everyone is while I'm opening the exit gate. Maybe it also gives a mini haste for 10 seconds after touching a gate, so I could potentially get ready to bodyblock someone coming to the gate, or to flee if I'm getting interrupted. I've heard some say maybe it can mask progress on the lights or even mask noises, but I wouldn't mind just the other buffs, since these could be used for Technician or something.

Vigil. Idk lol. Maybe up the values, but don't have it stack like the Open Handed rework.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

I'd like Slippery Meat to be rehashed. Change it from hook escape attempts to reducing the time it takes to escape the killer whilst being carried.

• screamdreamsx
    edited April 2021

the most points you get a survivor is escaping is incorrect. Surviving grants 5000 BP you can get 3 x 8000 BP for each of the other categories such as altruism and objective. You can easily pip and still die, if you’ve actually done something that trial. Dying right at the end isn’t the worst, and it’s a bit of a wasted perk slot to try to get one kill at the end of the game when it’s not even a guarantee.

also if the first time you’re hit is at the end of the trial.. then idk what kinda games you’re having.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Personally I'd change it to have a much higher chance of escape but you have a mend meter after escaping that's a fast meter as well.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

If Solidarity had a 100% conversion rate I'd probably include it in my main build.

• Hagravating
    Hagravating Member Posts: 25

I have never seen anybody use Furtive Chase except for adept or as a way to make the obsession change regularly instead of being used as a "stealth" perk, so considering it doesn't even seem to fulfill it's main purpose I'd go with that one.

• DrJohn
    DrJohn Member Posts: 223

Dead hard. I-frames are ridiculous for a game like this, unless it's for being unhooked, and when it's used for distance it's uncounterable. Also wouldn't mind seeing noed getting a change, but I rarely ever run into it now.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Dead Hard. An obnoxious perk that gives survivors free reign to make mistakes or take another loop and avoid being punished.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No.

It used to do that. It meant the killer got zero use out of it even if it activated because survivors would go full stealth and hex search mode.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because a killer SHOULD be able to track injured sounds. Thus it’s supposed to Instil some urgency in getting healed ASAP.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

A few months ago i would have said ds.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 746

True; but you cannot lie to yourself! Survivor overall, have quite bit advantage then the killer, if experienced and effectively play the game without mistake! It just as worse, as SWF; because of the ability to communicate with each other; Solos on the other hand do not have that communication luxury, plus the possibility that matchmaking is crap and you got bad Survivors!

I am not blaming swf; I am implying that they have more advantage then solos; and they need to be tone down; while solos get some buffs!

If I were to make any changes, I would have taken Otz's advice, and make it so that SWF cannot used map offerings at all, while solo players can!