why ban for leaving when i'm already dead?

see title. Why does the game ban me for leaving when I'm already killed? I'm already frustrated the killer decided to face camp me, why do i have to sit through the death animation too?

Comments

• mesothelioma
    mesothelioma Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021

because seconds add up and life is finite. a better question might be, why doesn't the game check to see if you're already dead before issuing a ban for leaving?

• mesothelioma
    edited April 2021

i dont even see why you're posting. I have a SUGGESTION which is what this forum is for. your negativity isn't needed. It's a valid quality of life concern which could be done with a hotfix. It's not a major thing. They use unreal engine they're not making games in 1985 anymore.

and yords, yeah, and it makes no sense to get a dc penalty after you're dead. If i want to ALT-F4 near the end of the mori animation because i'm pissed at game for a weird pallet drop hits, getting facecamped, or generally goof'd up myself and got caught, but want to re-open the game 5-10 minutes later, i shouldn't be looking at the tail end of a 15 minute ban.

another point being:

editing the DC ban system to not flag players who are already dead would benefit queue times, as players could be queuing for a game when instead they're waiting to queue

• OhKneeChan
    OhKneeChan Member Posts: 9

eh maybe I did come off a little strong, I'm sorry.

I've just seen people complain about very small minute things a lot and it irks me the wrong way. you make an okay argument, I'm just not one to DC like ever so I guess I didn't see the value in it.

• mesothelioma

feel free to check out my other suggestion thread. at least they fixed getting stuck on the rocks in the starter maps a long time ago.

The only thing they really need to fix that's game-breaking IMO is wonky pallets

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,381

As far as the game is concerned, you haven't died yet. Just wait out the animation.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

This would also make hatch open immediately after sacrificing the second-to-last survivor, incentivizing killers to slug for 4K more often because they have way worse odds of finding hatch.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,218

Spend 8 seconds watching a death animation. In exchange, you get bloodpoints, and no penalty. Time wasted = 8 seconds.

OR

Forcibly disconnect from the network for force you out of the game, just to avoid 8 seconds of animation. In exchange, you lose any and all rewards from the last few minutes of gameplay making it a complete waste, and get a 5 minute (or more) penalty. Time wasted = minimum 8 minutes, more likely 10-15 minutes, potentially 30+ or into whole hours with stacking penalties.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Don't DC.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Imagine complaining about having to wait a few seconds to dc and have to wait 5 mins lol. Stop being salty and just take it on the chin and wait and move onto the next match. You can't be that overflowing with self importance that you think you shouldn't have to wait a few seconds lmao.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

The system cannot tell whether you're dying on the hook or in the middle of the animation - it can only tell that you're disconnecting from the match. And I don't see any reason to change this.

The animation takes a few seconds and pretty sure that people would then start to abuse the system with an attempt to depip etc. So I definitely don't see anything changing on the DC penalty system any time soon.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Because you need to sit there and contemplate your mistakes before moving onto the next match.. or punching the wall.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If you don't want to wait a 15 minute ban, then don't DC and wait about 8 seconds. There is literally no point in making the DC system not count a DC if you are dying. Just wait a few seconds.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

It could just check when the death animation begins, and not when it ends.

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2021

AFAIK, it doesn't check for the animation at all. A flag gets set when the animation ends that tells the game you're dead. Changing that flag to become set as soon as you get last-hooked would cause the hatch to spawn/open instantly, basically forcing killers to slug in order to secure the final kill (unless they got lucky and the survivor was very close). I believe it might also cause weird interactions with some perks? unsure.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited April 2021

You have a 10 minute queue i think you can wait 2 seconds of an animation

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Really you should not have a ban, at all, ever. So there is that. You are a paying customer and should be able to come and go as you please, especially since you are gonna have to wait for 10-15 min just to play again anyway.

• Kadajacs
    Kadajacs Member Posts: 43

What no one here is mentioning is that by dc you are also robbing the killer of the sacrifice that they have clearly earned. This negatively affects their ranking. This is why you are punished. If everyone was allowed to freely deny the sacrifice without consequence it would become a very unfun experience for killer. What would be the point in playing if you just get robbed of any wins cos people are too impatient to wait 5 seconds.

• Kadajacs
    Kadajacs Member Posts: 43

What no one here is mentioning is that by dc you are also robbing the killer of the sacrifice that they have clearly earned. This negatively affects their ranking. This is why you are punished. If everyone was allowed to freely deny the sacrifice without consequence it would become a very unfun experience for killer. What would be the point in playing if you just get robbed of any wins cos people are too impatient to wait 5 seconds.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

It'd be nice if there was a "skip animation" option for the dying survivor. Still play it in game but let the survivor load into the end game screen instead of sitting there watching an animation.

• wildtrapjake
    wildtrapjake Member Posts: 68

If seconds add up and life is finite, you shouldn't play dbd.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

because the death animation doesn’t do anything to you in real life? just sit through it and take ur L, loser. stop disconnecting just because you died.

• ILikeBonez
    ILikeBonez Member Posts: 82

Because you're technically not 'dead' until that animation finishes. You seriously don't show up actually 'dead' to anyone else until it is fully finished.

That being said - the death animation is WAY too slow, especially when you're waiting for the Hatch to open upon a death. It needs to be cut in half or more.