The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why the last survivor always struggles?

2»

Comments

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

BP of course, but here's another point of view:

Many killers give hatch if the last survivor doesn't wiggle. Therefore, not wiggling is easily associated with "...don't kill me please" and not all players want to give off those vibes. Especially if the killer played in a very unpleasant way, it wouldn't be a surprise if they carried you to the hatch and slammed it shut.

To me, wiggling is a norm. NOT wiggling means more or less that the survivor hopes that the killer is kind and lets them go.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    edited April 2021

It's not a temper tantrum. I want blood points. Especially because they're in the survival category, which for my usual load out is the hardest to get points. I never understand why killers just slug. You get more chase and brutality points, why not just keep going?

EDIT: my bad. I see what you're saying, I thought you were OP saying the survivor was throwing the temper tantrum.

• Pogiforce
    Pogiforce Member Posts: 8

Dude, I may have been in that match with you. That or one exactly like it. Perma EW3 Michael, tombstone piece, he was VERY determined to mori everyone. I was the first one dead, but I spectated. Saw him mori the others one by one until it got to the last survivor. The survivor made him do locker grabs, he'd drop/pickup until the auto escape, that player ran to the corner of the map and hopped into a locker again. Because if the Michael is going to run something that's THAT unfair, why would you just give it to him?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127

Well, if the Mikey is going for the achievement, they have no choice but to run that combo because that's the way the devs designed it, the achievement requires those two add-ons. Better to give him the achievement so he doesn't have to play that way again.

I felt kinda bad once when I realized I probably cost a Mikey who was going for that achievement their last kill. :( It's a real pain in the ass achievement to get: survivors will DC just to deny it.

• Pogiforce
    Pogiforce Member Posts: 8

True, and I understand that, but at that point the Devs shoudn't have made an achievement that actively encourages players to play a build that is legitimate unfun for 80% of the lobby. At the time too I also wasn't aware such an achievement existed, I was just upset that the Michael was doing that. Besides, you know there are michaels who do it because it's an easy win, and having nothing to do with hunting achievements. Some achievements are just going to be hard. I still haven't gotten Adept David...

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,127

That add-on combo is only an easy win if the survivors screw around. Otherwise, it makes Mikey a more worse-off set-up killer than Trapper. It takes soooo long to get up to EW3 that it's quite possible for the survivors to finish gens first.

Survivor adepts are usually rather easy to get, because they don't necessarily require trying. Perseverance is enough: if you play as that survivor enough times it'll happen at some point. I got adept David on my first attempt because the killer was just.. not good. All four survivors escaping through the hatch, now that one is ridiculous.