Killers Need a Perk for Hook Swarming

Options

Can’t tell you have many SWF I’ve encountered that swarm you the minute you down one of their friends. Constantly trying to pull them off right in front of you. Grab animations 9/10 don’t work and purposefully cause the Killer to hit them instead. Just leaving them to unhook and get away. There needs to be a perk that if the killer is around the hook and a survivor is right up on the hook and pulling them off, they can get insta-downed. Grabs down work, just freezes you in place. It will stop this toxic behavior of hook swarming.

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited April 2021
    Options

Why not just use starstruck?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited April 2021
    Options

Those are called unsafe unhooks. Most of the time if you know what you are doing as a killer you will wait out BT and down them once again. Meanwhile you can leave them on the floor to chase the farmer AND force somebody else off a gen because they now have to make a choice to go help or commit to that gen. Not only is that nice pressure but it saved you from having to leave the hook and into a no survivor on sight zone while 2 gens pops on the side you didn’t go to.

Swarming isn’t exactly a bad thing for a killer. Unless you just forehead everything.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

You’re crying when survivors are giving you free hits? Jheeze you seriously need to get semi decent before trying to suggest changes for the game

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

It’s to replace the grab animation cause it doesn’t work. If they try to unhook in the middle of it then it insta-down. That is basically what the grab is.

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

Haha and here I love hook swarming. When survivors do that, all bets are off. I hit everything that moves. Including the unhooked survivor! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

• Dragonshensi
    Options

If it’s a half decent team no matter who you hit they have a second chance to get away or get the hook survivor. A lot of them have BT etc. it’s not fun at all.

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112
    Options

Starstruck?

Blood Echo?

Star Echo?

Bloodstruck?

Also, I think "need" is a strong word for this issue.

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

Wait till you go up against a sweaty swf bully squad that are snipers with flashlights, gen rush and bait you into locker stun chases. Then you will understand what is fun and isn't fun.

Enjoy and embrace the idiots that hook swarm

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

How does it make it easy for the killer? Most killers can not deal with all survivors at once. How would you stop an unhook while 2 survivors are blocking you unless you're leatherface. Do you have any idea how this game works? Or tell me you're gonna down 3 healthy survivors and 1 on BT in 10 seconds.

Toxic trash

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hook swarming is an advantage to the killer already, #########?? xD

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    edited April 2021
    Options

Honestly they need to just fix grabbing in general. The same way people complain about pallets not stunning atm is how grabs need to be treated. If i get a grab it shouldn't be taken away because of latency, they need to be consistent. The biggest scenario where this becomes apparent is survivors continuously attempting the unhook action and canceling to force the regular hit versus the grab. If survivors had to commit to the unhook and weren't able to spam the action killers could capitalize on bad unhooks more effectively.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Hookswarming is in your benifit. They are giving you free pressure.

Hook them in dead zones and just hit the unhooker. Avoid hitting the bt and boom free hook.

Besides the perk you want already exists and is called starstruck. They won't hookbomb if every survivor that attemps it is exposed

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

theres a reason everyone complains about facecamping Boobs

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

1 person on hook. 2 body blocking and 1 person getting the unhook. None of them are on gens and they are giving you loads of free pressure and free hits.

If you don’t think this makes the game easy for a killer then I’ve got some bad news for you.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

isnt that kind of what Starstruck already does?

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Easy.

Renewed Agony:

After hooking a survivor, Renewed Agony activates for 10/15/20 seconds or when the hooked survivor escapes. Any survivor that is within 8 meters radius of the hooked survivor is exposed, this effect lingers for 30 seconds when the afflicted survivor either leaves the hook radius or Renewed Agony deactivates.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

So...Make Your Choice...but remove the distance requirement for the killer...and it can be applied to multiple survivors? I'm sure that'll be fun.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Hook swarming only harms them. They're giving you free pressure on multiple people and immediately removing hook time.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Have you ever tried M1'ing the saviour again? I would count that as two hits so the saviour would be downed, sounds hard to do but with enough practice I'm sure you can hit a stationary survivor locked in an animation twice.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Not when it takes longer to do the “clean the weapon motion.” Guess what you would call it, then it takes to unhook the survivor

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

Make survivors exposed during animations that can be interrupted.

Identity V did it, and it would be a perfect bandaid solution for grabs, and we know how much BHVR loves those.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

So you want a perk that helps you facecamp better?.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

This.

Starstruck keeps people away from the hook while you're putting a survivor there, and as this poster put it so well, it works to YOUR benefit. All these survivors at the hook means free hits, free injures (or additional downs/hooks), and no one working on the objective.

Also, STBFL is your friend. Enough stacks, and that's going to keep people hook bombing from even getting the person unhooked before going down themselves.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited April 2021
    Options

Main issue I think hook swarming has is that the grab animation system is broken right now

Even with that a good killer should always be able to get a down and possibly a bonus injure off a hook swarm which is an amazing outcome. It is sorta like the 5 second stun of DS where it doesn't seem like much but its actually so good that a good player should probably win off the exchange and buffing it would just be too crushing a benefit. Instead of a free 40+ second chase, it ks a 0 second hook where you got free pressure on at least 2 survivors, and you probably can convert into another down before a rescue.

Think about it: You got a completely uninjured survivor to down in zero time, another survivor is injured and nearby and can't rescue, and now a third needs to come rescue and probably won't make it before you down the other. That is at best 1 survivor on gens with 3 downs for the price of one. Its huge, that is 1/4th your hooks done.

Now there is a real problem with unhook diving and the hook system in that its very binary: You either are in position to get a double hit on the unhooker or you get jack all. This is bad both because its frustrating for the killer AND encourages hard camping rather than more nuanced play because your only rewarded for anticipating the unhook if you are ridiculously close. THAT should be fixed, but I don't think killers necessarily need more 'close range' defensive strength that would benefit them in a 'hook bombing' scenario.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201
    Options
  • Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Hex: Booba

Your killer gains a chainsaw and turns into a man with a dad bod and a spoopy face

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited April 2021
    Options

starstruck sort of counters it cause most hook swarms happenes when they are close to you

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,450
    Options

Since OP just attacked and insulted people who shared a different opinion, I decided to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.