Please please please don't go through with the twins nerf

Options
IlliterateGenocide
IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

With the nerf you completely ruin any snowball potential my little Gremlins have, why are you needing a killer that needs buffs, sure the buffs you gave them are good, but the nerf allmost makes the buffs not worth it at all! #savethetwins

More specifically that you Get Punished for doing good with victors ounces makes no sense at all, a cooldown sure, but to extend that cooldown to a gross length is unecessary

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

The jump delay is wayyy too long

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259
    Options

Camping is the only thing going for them, they're still one of the weakest killers.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

The Twins are poorly designed as their only thing they are good at is the sole thing survivors hate, that being camping.

I'd like to see the developers give a basic AI to the twins. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to keep the survivor busy to where they can't perform actions to progress the game.

You can change the AI between: Passive and Aggressive. Passive would keep the AI to stay exactly put where as aggressive will seek out survivors in their sight or was in their sight within the last 5 seconds. If they don't have a survivor, the AI will wonder around until they see a survivor in their line of sight.

When switching, the moment you input a moment control — the AI deactivates and gives you control.

That way, they can hunt down two survivors at once.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

They sure need something, as like Bubba, it seems only the most toxic players choose the Twins. And I, for one, am tired of the slug- and camp-fest that comes with a Twins match.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

No there perfect design wise for power, just needs see buffs, like mabye a boiled over affect for survivors having victor, and no ai with there power just no

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173
    Options

Which is a shame. I just started to use them a lot (no I don't use Victor to camp). And I think they're solid. Lots of interesting pressure you can pull of. I think do think that to make them work they are a tad technically difficult. I worry that this change will delete them from the game.

• NMCKE
    Options

Just yes.

If you want a killer's power to remain exclusively for camping, then I don't think you understand why the twins are so weak. They are weak because they aren't good at anything else besides camping. Once they don't have a survivor on a hook, they are up to the survivor's mercy.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

I've been a twins main since they came out, you must only be using them to camp and not trying other things

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Whether or not the nerf goes through won't change much. They're horribly weak to lockers and basic teamwork, but more than fast enough that a 5-second stun doesn't really do anything.

It also addressed nothing about facecamping. Yay.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Zozzy

Thing is the thing you are complaining about is not what is being addressed. People will still park Victor at the hook.

Developers are nerfing the one thing that makes this killer fun to play as Victor by extending the cool down. That is not a solution to the problem, nobody asked for a cool down on Victor’s pounce.

I am in agreement people should not be able to just park Victor by the hook. I play the twins and I never just park Victor to camp so changing this wouldn’t affect me.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

I never see Twins anymore in my games

Feel like the devs just want them completely gone

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Hopefully it's just something temporary before they give them more of a rework that makes them more appealing to play as + against. And not just a "let's hope people just forget this killer exists"

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Yeah parking victor at hook is losing you alot of gen pressure, so I use them at a cutoff or to knock multiple people down, bubba can insta hit multiple people down and that's not a problem apparently (not saying it's a problem using it as an example) but twins knocking down allready injured survivors needs a long cool down for playing correctly just makes no Damm sense

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Victor is annoying to play against and overpowered. thank god he gets nerfed.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

To fix the Twins issues they should

1. make it so when you play as Victor you can teleport Charlotte to his exact location to not promote slugging
    2. if Victor is idle 8 meters from the hook he dies instantly this is made to prevent camping.
  • legacycolt
    Options

you must be joking thinking that the twins are balanced... another forum killer...

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

I think you have to be farther than 8 meters from the hook allready,I feel like if anything it should be them switching places completely (don't know how that would work tbh)

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I'd like to see the developers give a basic AI to the twins. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to keep the survivor busy to where they can't perform actions to progress the game.

I HEAVILY doubt that the devs are able to pull of something like this

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

M8 if you think twins, one of the weakest killers is op you either have only faced 1 or 2 of them or just are just a little entitled

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Honestly I would hate to have ai on twins, seeing how I love there power currently (even if it's weak) , ai in mobile from what I've seen is so baddd

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

Since the Devs think using Victor offensively is worth punishing the Killer, I’ll just use him to camp. I mean, he had two purposes and you nerfed one so...

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Nooo, please don't camp with are little Gremlins!!!! No wonder we get a bad rep

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yep.

I would like to see a rework for the Twins honestly.

What i was hoping for them was a dynamic kind of gameplay between Charlotte and Victor,which just isn't the case.

You spend the majority of the match as Victor and pretty much only use Charlotte to hook survivors.

They should take some power from Victor and give it to Charlotte.That would be much more interesting.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Yeah give Charlotte something like even just the ability to recall victor when she wants (with a cooldown of course) or to idk go into a rave when victor gets crushed and gets a speed boost until he revives or something like that

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

That's not true, as a Twins main who doesn't camp slugging is way more effective than camping.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

Even slugging I don't do much unless there's survivors right there

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

We have a rep for slugging/camping because it’s the best use of the Killer Power. I focused on slugging build but since Victor is getting nerfed, I make a camping build.

Im not going to go out of my way to incorrectly use my Killer Power just to appease the reputation Twin players share. It was created for a reason and it only the Devs can fix the train wreck they created, not the community.

People have already suggested hundred of ideas to level out the Twins into being something more then a Slug Heavy and Camp Heavy Killer. They chose to just punish the Slugging side, so I’ll camp.

If they were to punish both, then I would stop playing Twins, and if they were to change or create better Twin mechanics that reward playing more “fair”. Then I would do that.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@legacycolt

Let me ask you a legitimate question...

Why do you think Victor is OP? Because it is certainly not Victor’s pounce. I can tell you that.

You can avoid it just as you would Demogorgon’s shred.

• legacycolt
    Options

Ok, victor shouldn’t be able to walk around that fast then.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

The whole nerf is the reason I haven't been playing them much at all anymore and removed them from my mains list. Ridiculous they take an already weaker killer and make them even weaker. What they needed was a buff, not a freaking nerf at the very least. I'll probably pick them up again when they sort out the Twins' priorities.

Yeah they're masters at camping, slugging, so what? Better players know how to handle them. I for one never really needed to camp or slug much but 🤷 I swear people give more attention and love to an insidious basement Bubba but want twins nerfed to the ground. Go figure.

• legacycolt
    Options

This is the second time you’re assuming I’m a troll. Idk why it’s so hard for you to imagine people have different opinions than you, Twins Main.

• NMCKE
    edited April 2021
    Options

I find it almost insulting that you would assume I don't try anything else because you disagree with me. Let's not, thank you.

It's true, the twins are pretty good at camping and lack heavily in other aspects. I played the twins and seen many videos of experienced players trying them out, with me having a lot of knowledge about the game, it doesn't take long to put two and two together to figure out what's the problem.

Everyone knows they are weak and have to usually resort to camping at some point. Unless you get a lot of injures by a good chain of events, you're not going to be able to keep up with decent survivors. If you manage to snowball with Victor, the game is extremely unfun and you'll likely lose because usually this means you hooked everyone once (that's a big no-no in the emblem system). Either way, camping or slugging everyone is extremely painful for the survivors to play and is extremely MORE painful for the twins to pull off. Don't get me wrong, they aren't always like this, you can have normal games if you try extremely hard, but you will have to resort to some form of camping and slugging once you get a group of survivors who know how to face the twins well.

This is my reasoning on why we should just rework them completely or just add something that makes their kit that solves the problems they suffer from because neither side likes the state they stand in.

• NMCKE
    Options

They did in DBDM and that's a small team when they created it. I'm pretty sure the developers will make it happen if it became a priority. 😁

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

twins certainly need changes, but not nerfs to what they currently have.

what they tried was absolutely the wrong way of doing things and imo should definitely not go through.

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    Options

I play the twins a lot and don't really camp or slug and do quite well. I use the insidious to hide Charlotte then attack the survivors so victor jumps facing Charlotte. They tend to run the other way and as Charlotte wakes up the tend to be running at me so I just down them hang up the person and plan the next strike. from the notes it looked like they where just punishing victor missing pounces which is valid. If there are other changes mentioned I dont know of them.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

The devs have been deadset on ruining the Twins since before they released. I don't know why, but this nerf is evidence that that's what they're doing.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260
    Options

#savethetwins

• Lliart
    Lliart Member Posts: 193
    Options

Seriously. This.

I am at a loss as to how making the killer player tank a five second stun for getting a successful down would promote healthy gameplay on either end. It feels as if this change is being made to remove the burden of learning from certain survivor players and is allowing The Twins to be bullied further than they already have.

It is extremely discouraging to see that such a change was thought of and harkens back to the patch where they gave the Nurse two stuns for getting a blink hit, as well as making flashlight and pallet saves MUCH easier than they were supposed to be. Granted, this is quite a bit of hyperbole considering how drastic the above change is compared to the Twins change, it still evokes that same tone-deaf style of balance that said patch showed. It is removing the burden of learning and making an easy to play against killer even easier to play against.