The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bring back old freddy

dollidahlia
dollidahlia Member Posts: 343
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

New Freddy is good don’t get me wrong but it’s so boring to play as and against. The concept of not being seen was the best concept on dbd. He needed tweaks but the new Freddy is just so boring.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434

Let me guess, a fellow Old Freddy main?

What happened with Freddy was extremely sad and unfair for those who mained him. We want our old killer back. We deserve it.

#GiveUsBackOldFreddy

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Ah, yes. Trying to get my friends into the game and them quitting because of an invisible killer that they couldn't escape being in 90% of matches.

Absolutely brilliant idea to bring it back.

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

He was the worst killer tho? Really says something about your friends elo. Yellow ranks?

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I miss him, but his slow down while you were asleep could be so broken some games. I also hate to sound like a "swf bad" person, but he was the worst killer play as when against a swf. Most matches either lasted way too long regardless of the outcome or insanely short. His old version is the only killer I've ever hated playing against, but he was fun to play as.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

The coding for old freddy doesn't exist anymore, they'd have to completely recreate him. Which I doubt they'll put time and resources into.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I love old freddy, such a waste of a truly unique killer

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Dream transition mind games go brrrrrrr

#bringbackoldFreddy

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

As much as i loved plying old Freddy, i also remember how long it took for survivors to be in Dream World without any addons and they could just wake each other up faster that you could put them in sleep meaning you could never get a hit.

Yes "new" Freddy is less fun in term of gameplay but it's up to you to find a fun build to play on him. I know i found mine :

• Devour Hope + Make Your Choice + Haunted Grounds + BBQ ( no addons or up to yellow rarity )
  • CountInzwilt
    CountInzwilt Member Posts: 30

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Oh sorry, wrong thread.

No but seriously. I play DbD since release so I really think I am able to say this: the old Freddy was way way way too weak, his power was so dumb and encouraged the survivors to disrespect the killer. I was so happy when they reworked him, cause this rework changed everything to the better. So please just stop it guys. The old Freddy is dead and he'll never return.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

ermm actually he was considered in general to be a joke....so not sure where you got the DC's on sight from

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

I loved his concept but he was just too weak. His power fit him well but the design didn’t fit did. The only way to play him was to tunnel

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I mean it makes sense, since this Freddy is based on the remake Freddy and in the movie they had mini sleeps so they ended up seeing him even when they were awake. so falling asleep and stuff makes more sense than dragging survivors into the dream but it was fun though. I only played Freddy for a bit when he was released and played Freddy more after his rework.

But i don't think they would bring back old Freddy, they will probably just keep nurfing him because people like to complain about him a lot.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Yes, literally new players. How do you convince them to play when the killer that they almost always see is completely invisible? Once you were in the dream, Freddie could see you at all times you were outside of his terror radius.

He was only weak against survivors that knew that you could just loop him endlessly and escape the dream, but would a survivor with 30 minutes to an hour know how to do that?

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Hell yes! I miss my boy!

#GiveUsBackOldFreddy