Have yall notice an increase in tunneling lately after the decisive nerf ?

2»

Comments

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

this is the reason why dev shouldnt really listen to community. yet most people believe that if dev listen to community would result in fair game,

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

this is a good point. I never want to tunnel or go into a match to tunnel and I for the most part usually have a obsession perk so the obsession ain't a clear giveaway to me as I love STBL, and PWYF. Now I like tinkerer because of the effect it has in chase if I'm not in chase I will use it to pressure a gen but most of time it's a far gen so I use it to get a down faster but this perk tells me if the team has intentions of ending the game in 3 minutes. If I go do my rotation, find 1 survivor on a gen I will chase for short time to see if quick down can happen (20 seconds) best case down, worst case clear a pallet or 2. Now in that time frame tinkerer procs at 3 other locations thats when my whole game switches and tunneling and slugging instantly become part of my strategy. Weakest survivor gone quick to make up time, slug when I can if I see a second survivor. It's not meant to be part of my game but I also want points myself.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I've noticed an increase in hook-camping. Last Saturday the game was borderline unplayable for me as a solo survivor because just about every single Killer was camping the hook or basement, and tunneling the hooked survivor even with Borrowed Time. I'd be throwing myself in front of them to change to me as a target just so those poor players could have some semblance of a game, but nope. It was ridiculous. You'd think a red rank Freddy would be able to play in a less scummy way, but why put an effort into it when you can do easy mode?

I mention the Freddy because after everyone else was dead, and I was the last, he decided to hijack me and carry me around the map, dropping me, picking me back up etc. I didn't struggle and went to get a drink, and went I came back he was still at it being a jerkwad.

As for Decisive Strike, I have to run it all the time and every other second chance perk because camping/tunneling from the start of the game is like, 7/10 matches for me. I just can't wait for the BT change where it will work on the Ghostfaces and Wraiths that hook someone and stealth a few paces away.

I'm not too bothered by the nerf since DS has still saved me in a lot of clutch situations. I think it works fine as it's intended.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

If you see a survivor touch a gen etc... then yea I go after them. I mean, they aren't being tunneled. I think it could use some tweaking, maybe like 15 seconds after you do said action it still persists or something like that.

At the same time... I predict new BT is going to be really frustrating soon along with lucky break if it goes through as it was on ptb.

I'm glad to see the meta shaken up honestly, I never see variation in survivor perks, however... killers run different things constantly.

(deadhard, Iron will, and 2 other perks)

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I still run DS in my every survivor build just to counter that. DS nerf was completely fine as it didn't make sense you could repair generators with 60 second immunity. Only change that bothers me that you cannot selfcare/ use medkit on yourself without de-activating DS.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021
  • ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

How in the hell did someone get bodyblocked in the corner?

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I've only run DS once ever and that was recent. I could be wrong but wasn't the skill check zone like 1/4 or 1/3 of the circle?

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Certain totems spawn in one way entrances, or certain sections of the big red combine.

With the twins many structures can make for a good bodyblock like the preschool in badham.

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

Yeah thats why the old ds was broken af. Now that its a fair perk nobody wants to run it because they cant abuse it anymore (if doing a gen in the killers face while ds was active isnt abusing DS then running infantry belt with iri head wasnt abusing it either)

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

They made the right choice nerfing DS, it was broken. They however should have given it a slight buff in the tunnelling department.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,152

If they still getting tunneled after a borrow I'm going back to a gen. I try my best to help you but good luck soldier.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

When there's no Obsession, I'm seeing more targeting of the rescued versus the rescuer and in many cases, The Killer will insta-grab you from the ground. When there is an Obsession, they are more likely to slug the rescued and then chase the rescuer. However, I am seeing a larger percentage of killers that don't care and will grab the rescued, and sadly for those people, they often lack DS. DS is still too easy to circumvent even in cases where are you tunneled.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Low rated killers seems to always tunnel. Last 3 killers ranked 18-20 only chased me all match. Im rank 13 so don't ask me why i got matched with two 18's and a 20.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I've hit the skillcheck nearly always. I would say there are less than 3% chance that i fail it, but i wouldn't mind if it got larger because of nerfs. Maybe some other minor buffs like allowing healing like i mentioned.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

No, I only see tunneling when survivors try to pull off really dumb saves.

• Tjiani
    Tjiani Member Posts: 78

Yes the tunneling has definately gotten worse, and no we Don’t bring DS because it’s useless... you can use if ONE time, the killer will just eat the DS and slug you 3 seconds later anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ Makes no difference, so why bring it. It’s literally one of the most useless perks now.

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

Yes

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I haven't noticed an increase in tunneling.

QUESTION: If a survivor picks themself up off the ground with Unbreakable, does that deactivate DS?

(If not, is it really easy to pick yourself up and also accidentally heal yourself a bit if you're running Unbreakable and Self Care? I'm just trying to figure out if a survivor screwed herself out of DS by insisting on picking herself up rather than letting me pick her up, or if she missed the skill check when she got immediately re-downed and hooked.)

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Useless? It's a free escape from a down, and if that happens to come during the EGC, literally a free escape. How many perks can you say that about?

Playing against a Spirit the other night. One of two survivors left when a Claudette and I pop the last gen. The Spirit gets there just as it finishes, and then downs both of us with NOED. After hooking the Claudette (who she downed 2nd), they hook me and the Claudette kobes while they're doing so. Claudette sneaks away, then 99's the door, then pulls me off of the hook. I book it for the door, get there just in time to get downed again. The Spirit can't find Claudette (who I see hiding nearby), and then comes to pick me up. I hit the DS, pop the door, and escape when I would have been 100% dead without the perk.

Again, far from useless. I wasn't even technically being tunnelled (there's only two people left in the trial, so it's not like they had options -- downing me there was completely fair at that point), and yet I still got an escape solely because I ran the perk. If that's "useless", then give me more "useless" perks, lol (since I was never one to "abuse" DS before the change, I've lost count of the number of matches where DS was the difference between escaping or dying).

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i mean, if there is no obsession the killer can tunnel freely, as they know there wont be a punishment for doing so.

im honestly very surprised at how many people dropped DS now that they can no longer weaponize it.

the general message is, that if you dont want to get tunneled, equip DS. it will create an obsession and force the killer to behave or risk getting stabbed for every surivor they tunnel.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Yep. Killers tunneled in almost every game I played. It's gotten to the point that I just about quit playing survivor.