Console Keyboard and Mouse Support

I have been playing Dead By Daylight since October 2017 on consoles, originally buying the game on Xbox One, but restarted my progress on PS4 when it came on PS Plus for the improved framerate. I upgraded down the line to PS4 Pro, and currently onto PS5. On each of these systems I tried to give a certain number of killers a fair shake, but have failed to produce any sort of results. Currently the Nurse, Huntress, Deathslinger, Blight, and now Trickster require an added layer of dexterity that a controller simply does not provide. Prior to crossplay with all systems, I agreed that it was simply fair play to not include different control setups when playing against others on the same system, but now as it is more of an even split between PC and console players, I believe it is a good time to give us the feature of using keyboard and mouse. Yes, it is possible to earn results with these killers without keyboard and mouse, but playing on a keyboard and mouse compared to a controller will simply fast track our ability to learn and enjoy these killers. All other killers can be enjoyed perfectly fine, but I feel as if I'm missing out on 22% of the killer roster unless I am willing to sink in an unbelievable amount of hours. I truly hope we can see this possibly change in the near future.

Comments

• OmegaCerebro
    OmegaCerebro Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2021

The unfortunate truth is that Behaviour simply doesn't care at all about console players' experience. They make all kinds of excuses regarding frame rate, lag, and keyboard+mouse support that many, many other game developers have somehow figured out (Bizzard w/ Overwatch and Square Enix w/ Final Fantasy XIV immediately come to mind). They knowingly delivered a subpar experience to millions of gamers because they knew console players would be a cash cow they could milk for very little effort. But, hey, someone's got to pay for the next shiny, new license. Would you rather have a more equitable experience to PC players or Resident Evil, Nightmare on Elm Street, Stranger Things, Silent Hill, etc.? Priorities, dude. Priorities. THEIR priorities, of course. Not yours. Never yours.