McLean said Blight hit detection could use some work. He's wrong, it's nearly unplayable.

DominiqV
DominiqV Member Posts: 54
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

How many losses must us Blight players endure before BHVR figures it out. This killer was teased for a year only for it to not work for years after. This is the most fun killer in the game when it works but thats never because the game cant seem to figure out if you've hit an object, or if you've hit a survivor. It's not ok for knowing what you can and can't bump off of to be a skill. Your skill should be how well you can catch survivors out by making well thought out paths, not knowing what works as intended and what does not. All of this not to mention maps where the killer doesn't even have a chance of working. These maps include Hawkins, Ormand, and Backwater swamps. The hit detection on these maps is just a joke. It has to change. It makes me sad :(

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

He's not unplayable you just have to learn what you slide on and what you bounce on. Some maps are worse than others, but once you've got it down you can actually use sliding to your advantage a lot of the time.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

In my most recent blight games the collision became so wonkey I slid off of the shack's flat walls and even slid against the walls from one side of the shack to the other no matter how much I tried to move to be completely flat against the wall.

Something is up with his collision this patch as I never slid off of shack walls before(Let alone when I run flat against them).

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

It's the same as before, when it first came out I thought it was worse but its not, I watched some old clips of blight and he's still just sliding off all the same things as before and getting stuck in all the same ways as before and he still has pretty much all the same bugs as before.

Tbh I wouldn't be all that surprised if they just forgot to add the hit detection fix to the update and that version of the game is still just sitting in some devs hardrive.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 628

I've played and mained Blight since the PTB, and I've got to say, this is the worst his Collison has ever been. Took a couple day break from DBD and when I came back I decided to play Blight on mothers dwelling and had one of the most tilting matches of Blight. I slid off so many things which ultimately cost me the win, and there's nothing more I hate more than losing to bugs. Granted, I've won 97% of my matches as Blight but it's still incredibly annoying to look right at an object and watch as you slide off of it and go into a cooldown.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited May 2021

Blight has 2 methods of collision detection

The first is a raycast which comes out of the front of the blights model, it's basically a tiny line. The second uses your attack cone to see if the attack cone intersects with something.

Generally speaking the raycast works on most (but not all) objects but requires a very flat angle to trigger the bounce. There are a few exceptions to this though (like ormond snow piles)

The attack cone while it doesn't generally require a very flat angle to trigger just doesn't work on a lot of objects. Basically if you walk up to the object and swing at it and it doesn't collide with the object this method of detection doesn't work.

The walls of certain shacks fail to be detected by the attack cone, but works just fine with the raycast, so on the shacks where this applies must keep in mind it will only work if you have a very flat angle, but you can use this to your advantage, for example to slide around the corner and get a hit you normally wouldn't be able to.

• DominiqV

Per the post... "It's not ok for knowing what you can and can't bump off of to be a skill. Your skill should be how well you can catch survivors out by making well thought out paths, not knowing what works as intended and what does not"

• DominiqV

Per the title of the post, "It's nearly unplayable." You're also just accepting it as it is and not as it is intended, because you've poured the time in to understand what does and what does not work as intended.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Can i ask you why you play without crossplay as survivor? I switched to çrossplay bc i thought i had faster matchmaking and no downsides.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

His collision is annoying rn but it's not that bad. In fact I feel like it's better than the way it was before. It definitely needs fixes though, it's wonky.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's a protest.

Until BHVR recognizes the issues Console players face on a daily basis, crossplay stays off.

• gilgamer

What does console players have to face on a daily basis that isn't just the inalienable differences between console and PC, the only thing I can think of is cheaters but PC players hate that too and its not like BHVR is ignoring them.

• Pulsar

Stuttering, freezing constantly, FPS under 20, crashing ect.

Look at my thread on Console Optimization if you'd like to see examples.

• gilgamer

Yes those are things that you are going to have to deal with as a console player a console is almost never going to beat a PC in performance. So I don't see how complaining about crossplay will help with optimization you're only shooting yourself in the foot.

• Pulsar

It literally isn't.

CoD ColdWar gets a stable 45 FPS on Xbox One.

Battlefront II gets at LEAST 40 FPS.

Battlefield V gets 45+.

DBD looks worse and is smaller than all of these games and gets...20 FPS and constant freezing.

BHVR also promised 60 FPS on Console.

• gilgamer

Okay again thats an optimization problem not a crossplay problem and PCs will get 144 fps in all those games so I dont see your point