Why do people want an lgbtq character?

Options
Pig_Is_Pog
Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

i’m sorry if this comes of as rude but i don’t understand, why is it a problem if we have an lgbtq character or not?

for all we know trapper could be gay, we simply don’t know.

why don’t we know? because it never tells us.

why doesn’t it tell us? because it doesn’t matter.

you don’t sit there getting out of your way to make straight characters so why get out of your way to make an lgbtq one?

it does not matter if someone is lgbtq or not, there is no reason so specify a sexuality in someone’s story. a killers story should be about then becoming a killer, not them riding another mans dick.

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Don't worry OP, I also don't get why people want an LGBT+ character, I understand that they want a character to represent them but wouldn't asking every patch and stuff be worse for normalizing? I want a mexican survivor or killer but we don't get what we want.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

Who were the Overwatch ones again, remind me... Soldier and Tracer, right?

• OldHunterLight
    Options

I would be down for that ngl, I'm straight but I have nothing against anyone, for me people is people regardless of their sexual preference (I may have worded that wrong).

But they really added straight relationships to the game? I never heard of that but I don't read lore.

• OldHunterLight
    Options

According to the Wiki no, she is lebanese american.

The closest we have to a mexican survivor is Jane while she isn't mexican at least she is latina.

• Deviri
    Deviri Member Posts: 29
    Options

Honestly? I'd be fine with this.

I have no issues with people writing or believing a character to be x or y.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options

"Oh hey, Trickster what is your sexuality?"

"나는 재미로 사람들을 고문하고 죽인다."

Jokes aside, I agree.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options

Don't mistake fan made ships with official relationships made by BHVR.

• Deviri
    Options

Yeah, the charm of the Nurse and the Wraith dancing, as well as the comments about them being a "thing" are totally fan-made

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

Because players are also LGBTQ+.

• Demogorgeouse
    Demogorgeouse Member Posts: 361
    Options

Was gonna give my take, but @MadLordJack and @glitch296 explained it perfectly.

• Deviri
    Options

On one hand, I want people to understand so I don't have to see threads like this everywhere I go.

On the other, Google is right there. Right ######### there.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,616
    Options

Julie and Frank, Nurse and her husband, David and his girlfriend.

Those are the one's off the top of my head, I think Felix also has mention of a girlfriend, but I'm not sure.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Some people just want representation.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

Felix had a six month pregnant girlfriend at the time of his disappearance, yes.

Means he's also the first Survivor to canonically be a parent as well, joining Oni on that front.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Answer is simple:

To feel seen.

Headcanons are fine and dandy, but they are just that.

Having canonically queer characters is a way of saying 'yep, you exists and kudos for that'

Like, people don't want a character that is a walking cliché or JUST queer. Look at what we got in terms of heterosexual character in the lore: David had a girlfriend mentioned in text, Felix's girlfriend is pregnant. And people don't ask for more than something like that.

For example declaring deathslinger bi by having a line like 'As vicious and merciless as he's with his enemies, as kind he was with his friends, and as compassionate with the men and women he found himself in bed with, whether or not the latter two overlapped'

or something like that.

Just an... acknowledgement that one's valid.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

I do consider it. And i don't care. Hell some of the games i enjoy the most are games where english isn't even the primary language of choice and there are no non-asian characters.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

It's trolling to see these threads in every game I play now. For about 3 months straight the WoW forums were straight up SPAMMED with threads about that (at one point there was 10-12 on the front page)--despite there already being some representation in that game. They've died down considerably since, but there's still at least one every day, and the community has written it off as trolling now.

• Deviri
    Options

Honestly? I'd be fine with this.

I have no issues with people writing or believing a character to be x or y.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

IMO, the characters sexualities shouldn’t be in the game at all, however we already have crossed that line so why not have at least one gay character

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

This was actually what the devs attempted and stated they wanted to do.

sad thing is.. they failed miserably. But no one had a problem with it when they didn’t hold their word back then. It’s only now when LGBTQ+ will be treated equally that it should be completely excluded..

(or did you actually propose this back when Nurses backstory was revealed? Then I apologize for assuming. But frankly.. I don’t think so)

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Why not? It's a game with characters that resemble humans, it's nice to have representation and when representation doesn't harm anyone which it hasn't and doesn't then it should be included, it's really not hard to figure out.

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

Why we want to normalize this in a horror game? If they will add a gay I want him to be killer from first half of XX century not just a guy that is mentioned that he is gay withour any reason

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

why not? horror has always had close links to sexuality and im pretty sure ANOES2 was pretty homoerotic lol

• Pulsar
    Options

Considering all of the ass shots, I'd say yes, it was very homoerotic.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

its been a couple years since ive seen it glad i remembered correctly

• Pulsar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.