The need for outside help astounds me

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Considering dead by daylight hasn't updated their turtorial in 5 years time is rather astonishing. Not only does this game desperately need a training mode like it's mobile counterpart has, but it's absolutely ridiculous that new players need to seek out outside help from streamers to teach them how to play the game since the main game doesn't do that.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

No hate to True but I just don't watch him like that anymore but I'll give the man credit. He taught me a LOT and improved the rest over the years but the man was a legend when I first started playing. Taught me what a mindgame was, how to loop a pallet multiple times instead of just throwing it down and even how to play certain killers better (when there was only like 7 killers for console lol). Without him, I would have taken me so much longer to get better and survive.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Never watched either of them - I tend to watch smaller streamers.

The tutorial does need to be updated dramatically on both sides. Would be nice if they added things like looping (both sides) so both sides understood how to do/counter looping. The tutorial is WAY too basic imo and does not teach much for new players. I've always thought there should be other tutorials outside of the regular one which also let's players see how to play/go against each killer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

Yes, he uploads a lot, so it can be easy to get burnt out of him. But he puts up both killer and survivor perspectives which I appreciate, and he explains stuff he's explained probably a million times already just for the new guys. Things like, "You want to push them around this TL this way." or "If you don't leave the hook with Ruin, you don't get anything out of it."

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

For a game as unique as DBD a tutorial is necessary. Too bad it’s garbage

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The tutorial was actually only added like 2 years or so ago. Yet its kinda useless.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Honestly, the marketing of this game is focused on a revolving door model. Bring in new customers with new content every chapter, they stick around for a little bit and then leave the game. Rinse'n'repeat.

Also, for new players there's such a high barrier to entry with how bad the grind is and how little educational resources are provided in-game (laughable tutorial, no practice mode), that it's no wonder its players' count is stuck between 30k and 40k.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

I would love it, if you could just start a map with no one but you in it.

I haven't played in a while, and I'm so lost on the new/reworked maps. I would like to just go in and have a look.

Would also be helpful to de-rust on some of the loops.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

While the game absolutely could use a better tutorial, it's not THAT complicated of a game.

I didn't get any outside help at all, I just played the game and figured ish out as I went along. I'm sure some of the more tech strategy I'd have learned about faster had I Googled it but I learned everything I know from this game playing it (and funny enough, I learned a lot more survivor strategy playing as killer than I did playing survivor).

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

The barrier for entry is ridiculously high for new players. The abysmal matchmaking is bad enough, but not being able to practice makes it all incredibly difficult.