The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers way to fast now

How you going take away pallets make killers faster I mean i use my lithe thru a window and 2 seconds later im downed

Comments

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

No they are not...

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    I disagree with your assessment of killer speeds. 
  • RagingRealm
    RagingRealm Member Posts: 70

I'm afraid they are the exact same speed as they were before.

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2018

I don't think that they make the Killer faster, in my eyes the speed feels the same as before the patch.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Killers are not faster....This be some stupid...

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2018

Sometimes a forum post is so faceplam worthy...

Fact: Killers are the same speed as they always were
    (Bonus fact: Hag needs a speed buff)

Fact: If you're getting downed 5 seconds into a chase, you need to get BETTER. It isn't hard finding the optimal locations to run around in for over a minute, and if you really want to add insult to injury run Vigil and SB (33 second cool down, once your loop is over, save a loop by going to the other side of the map with the boost etc)

• appelpeer
    appelpeer Member Posts: 9

Fact: If you're getting downed 5 seconds into a chase, you need to get BETTER. It isn't hard finding the optimal locations to run around in for over a minute, and if you really want to add insult to injury run Vigil and SB (33 second cool down, once your loop is over, save a loop by going to the other side of the map with the boost etc)

I agree but I think it's a 32 second cooldown with Vigil tier 3. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The killers just seem faster due to the animation changes and pallet/looping spot removals. If you really want to see fast play against a Nurse on one of the corn field maps. That or a Huntress since on that map they're destroying pretty much everything right now.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

And here we go again..
    First, too*.
    Second, no.

• rezmax
    rezmax Member Posts: 54

Killer speed in the same trust me, I'm survivor main, but the thing they should really fix is pallet drop animation and positioning, because being in the middle of a pallet = to a free hit for killer if not respecting. They basically removed everything from dropping it in front of and stun the killer standing behind you, to vacuums.

• Angaar
    Angaar Member Posts: 78

LMFAO!!! jesus

• EarthlingKira
    EarthlingKira Member Posts: 9

Fascinating how the human brain is working :D

In a sense survivors are slower, they no longer have the teleportation from pallets which of course raised your average speed ;-)

• Piri
    Piri Member Posts: 8

Propably the fact you can't loop them for days around 1 pallett anymore, that's why chases seem to be "faster" that makes you think killers in general are too fast. :|

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2018

Killer or survivor speed didnt change. This is the same speed since the begining of the game

EDIT: Survivors are 100% speed movement and killers are in general (excepted some specific killers) at 115% speed movement.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@appelpeer said:
    MineAntoiya said:

I agree but I think it's a 32 second cooldown with Vigil tier 3. 

*Up to 64 seconds since Exhaustion slows the timer to 50% when running.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@saams420 said:
    How you going take away pallets make killers faster I mean i use my lithe thru a window and 2 seconds later im downed

You have to hold down shift, otherwise he will catch up very quickly yeah

• AlexAnarchy

@Master said:

@saams420 said:

Stupid...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Master said:

@saams420 said:

Stupid...

I know, but apparently @saams420 has not understood that part if he got caught in 2 seconds after lithe has activated :wink:

• AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018

@Master said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Master said:

@saams420 said:

Stupid...

I know, but apparently @saams420 has not understood that part if he got caught in 2 seconds after lithe has activated :wink:

I'm quoting it's stupid that folks must think holding shift is gonna make you drop a pallet from the middle somehow...The devs showed us all how the new pallet changes worked.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

@saams420 said:

I suppose you meant "bloodlust". Which is where killers in chase get faster and faster until they hit you or break a pallet.

They "altered" the pallets supposedly...but sometimes I wonder. So I suppose that would be your crux if I'm interpreting this right.

That...and lithe's speed up can't compete with bloodlust. It's helpful, but if the killer is determined enough...and you continue to be chased(whether you want it or not)....then they will catch you eventually.

This game has slowly devolved into a game of numbers and time. Almost like dealing with triage in some ways.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

"Now" ?
    It hasn't changed since release.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

No.

One thing that is balanced is the killer speeds and survivor speeds.

Killers should be faster. Wraith needs a small cloak buff to his speed.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    edited June 2018

Killers are not faster. Pallets have been changed to remove the vaccum and we think it was a necessary step. Pallet distribution / numbers on certain map has been adjusted as it was creating an unfair advantage to survivors. Line of sight blockers have been added in the loops to provide gameplay options. We adjusted the window leap speed for killers so they all have a 1.7 sec animation. You can consult the latest patch notes here.

• TehNeo
    TehNeo Member Posts: 2

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Master said:

@saams420 said:

Stupid...

I Upvote the comment of shift, thanks! :)

• Rat_Watson
    Rat_Watson Member Posts: 28

Incorrect. How can one be so naive?
    God help you.